• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Julia Roberts

XAsMoXDeUsX

TMF Poster
A few days ago I posted a request about a possible foot tickle in the ancient julia roberts movie, runaway bride. well, since no one had the time to reply, i did some research on my own and discovered the following: Julia Roberts DID have her feet tickled (!) and, more importantly, they ARE TICKLISH (!!!!!)!
The following is taken word for word from the Internet Movie Database:
"While shooting the scene where Vivianne (Julia Roberts) is laying down on the floor of Edward's penthouse, watching old "I Love Lucy" (1951) re-runs, in order to achieve a genuine laughter, Director Garry Marshall had to tickle Roberts's feet (out of camera range) to get her to laugh so hysterically."
Someone should make a clip of the scene where Julia Roberts is watching 'I Love Lucy' in that movie and post it-it's technically a tickling scene!

I just looked at the trivia section for this movie on IMDb and didn't see that. However, i could have sworn i HAD seen it there once before. When did you see it on there? I know these things change from time to time. How did this information come out, anyway? Was it on an audio commentary or something?

You are mistaken. This scene happens in Pretty Woman, not Runaway Bride. I double-checked the character names - in Pretty Woman her character is Vivian Ward, in Runaway bride it's Maggie Carpenter. The scene you seek can be found in Pretty Woman. :)

Yup, it's there all right. good pick up. now, where exactly was this information gotten from? I'd love to hear that story!

I saw this posted a while ago, and got the "deluxe" DVD edition that this was supposedly revealed in. I actually borrowed it from my mom, which was especially humiliating and embarrassing! Anyway, first off, I listened to the commentary, read the booklet, looked all around the DVD extras and didn't see that mentioned.

Then I watched the scene in question and, though, perhaps it DID happen on the set, it certainly didn't seem that way watching the scene, it didn't seem like ticklish laughter at all.

Anyway, the scene in question IS in Pretty Woman, she's watching I Love Lucy while Richard Gere looks on.

Yes yes, I was clearly mistaken. It was from Pretty Woman. Thank you all for clearing that up. Here's the link to the info. I found it on the Showtunes website:

http://www.sho.com/site/schedules/product_page.do?seriesid=0&episodeid=6446&include=00trivia.inc

The one I saw last night was from the Internet Movie Database and, looking back on it, I'm sure it was about Pretty Woman. I probably just got it mixed up with Runaway Bride in my mind. Whatever. The point is, I was entranced by the idea of Julia Roberts having her feet tickled. Because really, that's what matters. Am I right?

Actually, I remember reading an interview somewhere, where she talked about being ticklish and being tickled.

I can't remember anything exactly but if I find it, I'll be sure to post it.

She's a lovely woman with a great laugh, i'd love to hear it again.

I wonder if that job is open on any other movies, the job of tickling the leading actress' feet to get her to laugh enough. No lack of volunteers from here, I'm sure. :D

You guys realize that ANYONE can post things under "Trivia" and other categories on imDB about movies? I wouldn't assume that because you read it there that it's a fact. I believe it's a bit of wishful thinking by a ticklephile.

Besides, why would a talented actress like Ms. Roberts need help to laugh?

Well, they did it to Mia Sara in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. You never know...

I posted all this a month or so ago u all r taking credit for finding WTH!

I posted all this a month or so ago u all r taking credit for finding WTH!

The original post is from 2007. A month? Ha!

Kelly McGillis got tickled offscreen in "The Babe" with John Goodman - and she's talented.

There's a scene where she's in bed with him as they cuddle and laugh - but don't actually tickle. However, if you listen to the scene you can (un)clearly hear her say 'don't tickle me'.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back