• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ideas & constructive criticisms

TklDuo-Ann

2nd Level Black Feather
We're hearing all sorts of positive feedback about NEST and what great fun folks had. That's all great. We love to hear that. However, one of the things that makes NEST continue to grow and get better is feedback about things people would like to see added, done differently, etc.

Soooooo..... I'm going to ask that anyone who has constructive criticisms or ideas drop me a note via PM to let me know your thoughts. If I can write you back to clarify anything and be sure that we understand what you're really looking for, that would be cool as well.

Be assured that we will not take offense at criticisms voiced with the desire to help make NEST a better event. I WANT to hear what people honestly think of things. So, if you have any thoughts, here's a suggestion for how to present it. (I'm swiping this format from one person who did this very effectively already)

A) Unmet expectations:

1. What was your expectation for X, Y or Z?

2. Was that expectation met? If so, how well was it met?

3. If not, what do you suggest can be done to meet it (if appropriate) in the future?

B) New Ideas:

What activities would you like to see added (or added to) for future events...either at the main event or for other activities throughout the weekend?

I can't guarantee that every suggestion will be seen in action at future events. But, I will guarantee that they will all be given the consideration they are due as we begin planning. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

NOTE: Please send these ideas via PM so that this can remain objective and not open to outside ideas from folks who were not there. Thanks!

Re: NEST come n' gone, and NEST for '08. (Whew!... and Wow!)

I think NEST 2007 was an outstanding success, and went off like a dream. This is even spcially remarkable with the few folks who were able to devote great amounts of their own personal time in additon to all their normal responsibilities of life! I liked the hotel (and I like that particular chain). The club was a terrific find. The presentation sessions were a wonderful adidtion, and I hope we can even squeeze in one or two more in '08.

The numbers keep growing and I think we can anticipate almost a minimum increase of about 15% per year. That means we're looking at something like about 125 to as many as 145 or more next year!

Some of my thoughts I might want to send direct to the "Team" in addition to posting right here (such thoughts as getting "alternates"-or"assistants" for each of the team principals and even possibly the notion of "committe" concept for some planning areas -- I know, I even hate the word committe myself, but...).

Additonal volunteers will definitely be needed for '08 and beyond, and can be usefully put to work in areas they may be best suited to
Calls for Volunteers can be made at some specific calendar dare, as well as,
Calls for Session-Presenters,
Calls for NEST art-Logos
Calls for ideas on special events and "contests", etc.

WIth the size that NEST has become (YAY!), we're almost in that era of having to think in terms of medium-large "Con". The planning is obviously geting to be lots of work, and hopefully we can lure a few eager folks to help volunteer to begin working in the planning stages for even next year. I have just started to read and research a bit about event planning in the last few weeks, and some of these event planner seem to do it professionally (and for big bucks), others don't seem to want to reveal their secrets unless you buy their book. The rest is just learned by hard experience. Our small teams of NEST volunteers have worked wonders in recent years.

One of the notions I came upon in reading about event planning is that planning for next year actually seems to start with folding the tents of this years event! So, we're already at the eleven month mark!

How about NEST TEAM CALENDAR
Things to think about (things that have to "get done"):
One Year (ahead)
Nine Months
Six Months
Four Months
Three Months
Two Months
Six Weeks
Three Weeks
One Month
**[One Day – Begin Minute-To-Minute Boo]
Two Weeks
One Week
Cool Down
Day After

** Not long ago I worked the USGP F1 race at Indianapolis, as a track safety official. Each corner position around the racetrack as well as in the race medical, and communications centers had a "Minute by Minute Book". This was to advise all personnel of what was to take place at every moment from the time the course opened in the morning to when it closed at night.

While I think this is extreme for an event of our size (F1 has a tv viewership of probably a couple billion worldwide), I liked the notion, and scaled back, a more detailed version could be prepared for NEST organizing team and volunteers, than the event "schedule" prepared for the program packet.

I've got more thoughts too, and yes, I am thinking with due consideration to costs as well.

Spenser

(great idea to locate a "mail"-box for ideas/thoughts/concepts here!)

What a great idea here!

Ann,

I have to agree that the place for NEST 2007 feedback, issues, problems, etc really should be handled privately. No one needs to place it in the hands and at the examination of the general public. ewww!

But since Spenser offered a few very positive ideas he has to help grow the event, I am going to jump in with a suggestion.

BTW: Spenser did not realize you were asking for chat suggestions since chat is just not one of those things he does.

Perhaps this thread could grow into a public side place where people can offer up ideas that have worked for them at other events (tickling or not - heck, we can pervert/convert/modify it and make it for tickling, in some cases). I am sure there are folks that simply can not attend NEST but have wisdom and tips to share.

Another thing I would love to see here is a place where people can post a note offering skills that they are willing to offer to or share with the group. A place where you can come to get people power (the TMF resource pool?).

I have been away from home taking care of a sick friend all week (still am) but could not resist dropping in to update! I am still floating along with a smile from NEST!

Can not close this note without mentioning once more what a fantastic team of folks the NEST crew is! You all worked your tushies off this year! I just wanna see you get some help so that each one of you gets more play-time next year!

Thanks, hugs, and tickles,
M

Thanks to you both! Rest assured, we ARE looking to add others to the team for next year. We'd planned on adding more than we did this year. But the various other things we were each dealing with left only enough time to just do things and not enough to continue running around looking for willing hands.

We kept track of everything that needed doing for this past NEST and what we'd like to add to it for down the road. We'll be adding some outlines (kind of a job description for each task) and requests for specific help to the NEST site in the near future. This way, folks can begin thinking about things they might be able/willing to help with well before we actually need them.

All suggestion, ideas, offers of assistance should go to the NEST Team handle here on the forum if sent via PM. Or, we can be contacted through the NEST site e-mail itself.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back