• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Laughter in tickling stories.

TiCKleMaN87

TMF Expert
I saw this question posted on tickletheater and I thought it might be fun to post it here. Which type for expressing laughter do you preer to read:

1) written out. ie:
"HAHAHAHAHAHA! OH STAHAHAHAP! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

or

2) Descriptive. ie:

"You could hear the agony in Tracey's shrieking laughter as Andrew nibbled on the bottom of her soles."

PS Sorry if this is posted in the wrong sopt but this is where it was posted on TT

As I have already said before in this forum: 2) definitely
1) has its merit, but is is far to overused by the majority of the authors around here for my taste.

I prefer #1; #2 sounds too clinical to my reading ear. Plus I appreciate the extra effort to type all those HAs. ;)

Definitely #2, also, like Milagros, as both a reader and a writer. The only author that comes to mind whose work I've read that I can deal with #1 without skimming past it is T.T. Gore...

Mistress Aura :justlips:

I don't know if I really have a <I>preference</I>, per se; they're two different things. Both can be used sloppily, or to good effect. There are times (admittedly, a minority of times) when phonetically transcribed laughter has helped me gain the specific image of the ticklee.

Someone once mentioned that they had their computer read a story to them. I tried that and really enjoyed it, but naturally, the phonetically transcribed laughter fell completely flat.

If it's just in a fun written story I prefer one. If it's a descriptive story then I suppose two. But I support #1 in either. 1, is my preferred chosen to read, because it feels more real to what the characters would say... or in this case laugh.

Coda said:
I don't know if I really have a <I>preference</I>, per se; they're two different things. Both can be used sloppily, or to good effect..

I completely agree.

Both can be good, both can be poor. Personally, as a writter, I try and incorporate the two techniques. The "HAHAHA" is usually better if it has some variatioun, I find. Typing "HAHHAHAHA" for three lines (sometimes more) is just painful.

I find a good mix of both to be absolutely the best. Especially when the laughter is used to express perhaps the kind of ticklee you're dealing with, resistant? Submissive? ...maybe a bit of both...eventually. ;)

"Aisha grit her teeth. When will the tickling stop? The feathers kept their constant fluttering at her underarms and her feet and she tried her best to hold in her laughter. She pressed her lips together, trying to look unaffected, but the seconds turned to minutes and soon those too began to feel like hours. An eternity passed before suddenly, she felt her defenses begin to crumble...

"...heh......ha..haha...!", it was to no avail, her lips curled into a ridiculous smile and she felt it begin to bubble from her. "...no! Ha...hahaha...oh god ha...haha!"

It was too late, she did her best but now it was as if she didn't resist at all. Constant giggling echoed in the large room, much to the pleasure of her tormentors. Perhaps now they could begin to truly work on their precious victim. Her body was already desperately bucking on the bed she lay in just to avoid the feathers, which caused her laughter to almost become panicked.

"Hahaha... stoooop it! Oh, ga....gahahaha no waaaaiiit!!" she shouted as she suddenly felt nails creep up slowly between her toes. The beginning of quite the long night for poor, poor Aisha."

Something like that. :) Then again I'm biased since I wrote it. lol

Both

Well actually I would prefer both 1. and 2. I perfer .1 because I like to give voice to the characters and 2. also it fun to pretend

If I may opine. . .

. . .the trick is to employ both techniques, blending them in such a way that they complement one another while moving the story along. If you write that your poor naked victim is writhing in his bonds and shrieking with laughter, you should give the reader a flavor of the shriek. A tale of tickle torture needs to communicate a strong impression of the physical setting and action: creaking stocks, convulsing muscles, sweat-covered skin, curling toes, contorted features, etc. A bit of HIIIIEEEE-HEE-HEE-EEEE-HEE-HEE-HEE!!! (if it's not overdone) helps to create the desired effect.

:jester:

I think I prefer 2, though I do like a little of both, if it is well done. Or the ha-ha's can be made less tedious by giving the lee other things to shout... "please, no, not there", etc... little begging always helps, and then couple that with the description of what's going on inside their helpless mind while being tickled...teehee

I sooo want to get into writing again... I'm having trouble finding a lot of privacy to do so. I miss it a lot.

I agree that both, used in proper proportions, can help to create the scene.

I only use the HAHAHAs as part of the dialogue, rather than having 59 lines of laughter like some people do :disgust:

Haha is boring. A little of 1 and a lot of 2 are best.

NO WAYYY! 100% only the HAHAHAHAH makes sense. it gives people an image in their minds and makes it more fun/interesting. i think most stories should have HAHAHAHAHAH. i mean cmon people

I think that they both should be used. After all, the complete use of Hahahaha I think, offers a low level of comprehension, unless it is used to imitate the ups and downs of the breathing and exhalations, and then, it is still rather jading.

However, the complete use of description of the laughter, while offering a high level of comprehension and description can be seen as too jading as well, and intimidating.

But either way, no one will really go with, "This is the way it should be written" and blaze blaze blah.

I completely agree.

Both can be good, both can be poor. Personally, as a writter, I try and incorporate the two techniques. The "HAHAHA" is usually better if it has some variatioun, I find. Typing "HAHHAHAHA" for three lines (sometimes more) is just painful.

As a writer and a reader, I find it's fun to tastefully mix these two. Too much of anything can be obnoxious. At times, I prefer to hear the voice of the character enduring their torturous predicament, and alternatively, the voice of the writer or tormentor should narrate their observations to make the story readable and offer their own persepective.

That's just my 2 cents. Read and/or write whatever appeals to you. :)

~BW

. . .the trick is to employ both techniques, blending them in such a way that they complement one another while moving the story along. If you write that your poor naked victim is writhing in his bonds and shrieking with laughter, you should give the reader a flavor of the shriek. A tale of tickle torture needs to communicate a strong impression of the physical setting and action: creaking stocks, convulsing muscles, sweat-covered skin, curling toes, contorted features, etc. A bit of HIIIIEEEE-HEE-HEE-EEEE-HEE-HEE-HEE!!! (if it's not overdone) helps to create the desired effect.

:jester:

what he said (two of the best tickling series on the forum to his credit.)

I tend to use the second when I write stories, and for the most part, I like it better when I read as well.

As a writer and a reader, I find it's fun to tastefully mix these two. Too much of anything can be obnoxious. At times, I prefer to hear the voice of the character enduring their torturous predicament, and alternatively, the voice of the writer or tormentor should narrate their observations to make the story readable and offer their own persepective.

That's just my 2 cents. Read and/or write whatever appeals to you. :)

~BW

This. And sometimes it just comes out, it just happens while you're writing it. Too much of it though, imo, just...well, it's stupid.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back