• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Mainstream vs. Mainstream?

moonknight80200

TMF Expert
Maybe you guys could consider dividing the mainstream clips forum into two different sub-categories? I for one think there's a major difference between clips from TV shows, movies, etc., and people's "home movies" like youtube and myspace clips, etc. Just a suggestion.

not a bad idea but.... might sound like micromanagement??

Maybe you guys could consider dividing the mainstream clips forum into two different sub-categories? I for one think there's a major difference between clips from TV shows, movies, etc., and people's "home movies" like youtube and myspace clips, etc.

Well, one is true mainstream.
The other is amateur.
And then we have candids.

They all fall into mainstream as opposed to commercial contents, though sometimes difference is blurred.

We could simply add labels - tv, candids, amateur - and so on.

Well, one is true mainstream.
The other is amateur.
And then we have candids.

They all fall into mainstream as opposed to commercial contents, though sometimes difference is blurred.

We could simply add labels - tv, candids, amateur - and so on.

I think your designations are right on point, Kalamos. I agree that labeling could work, but I still think that at least two sub-forums (forae?) would be more helpful. Maybe true mainstream (TV/movies/video games/etc.) could be one forum, and candids/amateurs could be the other.

I used to really love this mainstream forum when it first started up because there's a special thrill to that tv/movie stuff. I guess in part b/c it reminds me of the "good old days" when catching a tickle scene in the mainstream was really something memorable.

Then, with the growing popularity of Youtube and related sights, the mainstream forum became glutted with home vids of someone tickling the hell out of their little sister or whatever, which while it's fun to watch, is not quite the same to me as that true mainstream stuff.

I see vsa7a's point about micromanaging, but to my mind at least, there's a real distinction here. I'm not saying there's no room for the Youtube home vid stuff, but I really found the mainstream forum to have a unique flavor on the TMF when it first started up and was full of clips from soaps, sitcoms, movies, and other mainstream gems.

Just my 2 cents. I hope the mods are listening.

Edited to add: In a way, it's kinda like the distinction between the "true tickling stories" section and the "mainstream lists" or "ticklish celebrities" section.

Maybe you guys could consider dividing the mainstream clips forum into two different sub-categories? I for one think there's a major difference between clips from TV shows, movies, etc., and people's "home movies" like youtube and myspace clips, etc. Just a suggestion.

I doubt the idea would even be considered.I'm not saying the idea lacks merit but the mods here already have pleanty to keep up with,and i don't know but would that require more broadband width?I tend to think the forum is getting to fragmented as it is.Its just not possible to provide a sub forum for everyone here.

You might be right, Bugman. On the other hand, don't we have to adapt to keep up with current technologies? When this forum first started, Youtube and related sites weren't the monster they are now (not that they're a bad thing...).

You might be right, Bugman. On the other hand, don't we have to adapt to keep up with current technologies? When this forum first started, Youtube and related sites weren't the monster they are now (not that they're a bad thing...).

I imagine Youtube generates a great deal of revenue since they don't focus on a limited number of things like the forum does.I can say that i sent a donation to the forum to keep the chatroom up and running when i was a newbie here.The forum also accepts dollars for ads from different sites so they dont need to charge a membership fee.And thats ok,it has to be paid for somehow.The problem is the more sub forums you get the more mods you need to keep an eye on things,and therein lies the problem.

actually this is a very good idea. however i hope someone has the patience or the time or energy resources to do it. its a must do but unfortunately not to be negative but it seems too much work.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back