• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

No more public distribution of my stories?

Should onlyfornow stop posting his stories publicly?

• Yes. I do not enjoy his stories and I would rather to not see them clutter up the front page.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No, I like his stories and I wish for him to continue to post them on the forums.

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Onlyfornow

TMF Expert
It amazes me to see that my new story has over 500 views and barely any comments.

Thanks to those who actually did give feedback. I think my days of publicly posting my stories are over. From now on, I don't think I'll put em on here and have all of my stories given out by request.

I don't know, what do you all think of that?

Hey, Only,

I think that if anybody has stories which they think are decent, they should always post them. The Internet is such a blinding wall that I don't think anyone should draw conclusions from a lack of feedback, as tempting as it can be for one's emotional security.

If I didn't have the chance to read other people's work and still remain invisible, I may never have inferred enough encouragement to post my own.

personally I would be upset if you stop posting since you are one of my favorite writers on her. I can't wait for your next one. so please continue to write even if people don't comment. with 500 views that means people like it. amybe they don't know what to say and who cares as long as you like the story and a hand full of people do then write. I mean not many people comment on stories right now and it is the holiday most likely people are busy and read it but don't have time to comment.

Gee...

not to be a prick about this but are you trying to punish us by threatening not to publish your stories?

All authors who think they are worth their salt publish and hope for good comments, deal with the bad comments, but always keep writing and publishing. If I were you, I would see the absence of even good comments as a positive. 500 hits is not bad either. Would you be reacting the same way if your stories received only bad comments or comments you don't agree with?

If your stories aren't getting the comments you think they should, it isn't the audience, it is the story. Make some adjustments maybe or improve the storyline to get the reaction that you want.

Everyone wants a pat on the back once in a while but *pat on the back chasing* is a lot like ambulance chasing in the legal profession...won't really get you the respect you want.

Last edited:
I have posted a couple of stories on here and on other forums. I have recieved only two or three comments myself. On one hand, I can see that people are reading some of what I have written. On the other hand, it would be nice to see some comments, if only to see if I am writing anything that people are enjoying and to see if there were any specific improvements that I could make.
To be honest, I write mostly as a way to get some relief from the worry and stress in my life. When I get in the mood, I will sit down and write about what ever comes to mind. I will work on it until I think it is decent enough for other people to read. If it pertains to this forum, I will post it here. I am thankful that there is somewhere that I can share them with other people.
Like you, I would really like to recieve more comments, but more so I can make improvements than anything else although a pat on the back might feel good every now and then.
I have not read any of your work, but only because I am not a fan of male tickling. I respect you though as a writer who is willing to put his work out there for other people to read. That takes courage. I was a lurker here for many years before I would even think of posting anything, even a comment. I feel like there are a lot of people out there like I was, who come and read and look and enjoy, but are not brave enough yet to post any replies or comments. Hopefully many of them will when they feel they are ready to.
Please continue to write and post. To me, writing is a wonderful outlet for my worries and stress, and this is a good place to share them. I do not know about you, but I would hate to think that I was writing stories that would just draw dust! And if by chance some people enjoy my little tales, all the better.

Keep on writing!

No I'm not trying to punish anybody. I just think that maybe it would be nice to reward those who are actually supportive about my stories. I mean, I don't think wanting a bit of feedback is all that selfish :\. Maybe some of you might think that, but oh well.

Really my main reason for making this thread is because I feel that there isn't enough public interest in them. I think that if only certain people like them, then maybe I should distribute them solely through the request of a user (and through my gmail).

And lol @ the above post.

Here's what I have to say on your two points of feedback and public interest.

First of all, sure you aren't getting much feedback. But taking the inverse of what avethibaltus said, of only receiving bad comments, and instead imagine that every tenth hit was feedback. However, in that scenario, it'd probably be feedback like "Nice," or "That was hot," or something similar. Does that really give you feedback? Is that really a critique of your work? Actually, for most of the stories I've read and written, that is the case. It's "Awesome story," or "Good work, I can't wait to see the sequel." I personally think that's no feedback whatsoever. Personally, I think you'll get less feedback if you switch to a request system, because that means only people who are already interested will ask, and already interested people are slow to criticize.

As for public interest? If that's the reason you're writing, I'd say you're going about it the wrong way. Whatever happened to writing because you wanted to and then sharing it just so other people could read it? Do you really need other people to tell you it's worth writing?

Write because you want to. Post because you want to share it. Take the occasional bit of critique. Beyond that, what more can you ask for?

Quoting the Golden Rule violation does not help us. Don't do it.

Here, here!

Onlyfornow I don't think you shoud give up, F/M is a difficult media but with over 500 veiws you must be doing something right and I'm sure you have many fans you have probably reached with this thread.
I'm not much for F/M myself but I hate to see this community lose any of its talented writers.

Last edited:
As a rule 1 comment for about 3000 views is a good ratio. You are on target.

Myriads

It amazes me to see that my new story has over 500 views and barely any comments.

It is typical, not unusual, for a story to have lots of views and few responses. There are many guests lurking here who read stories and can't respond, and there are lots of members who joined to see photos and clips and never post.

An extreme example: My story "The Session (F/m)" has over 47,000 views. In its first four years posted here, it got exactly two replies, one of which was by me, the author. It now has 6 replies.

Here is the original copy, by the way:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=12717

(Another copy of it is in my archives.)

Don't let the lack of replies disturb you, go ahead and post your work.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back