PDA

View Full Version : Editing our own thread titles?

Dussicar
01-22-2008, 08:52 AM
A few years ago, I belonged to a forum that had a feature that allowed us to correct mistakes in the titles of our threads after we posted them pretty much just like the ability to edit our own posts. I was wondering if an added feature like that is possible here on the TMF?

I know we have been through quite a few database changes lately, so I don't even know if it's feasable anymore, if ever. It might be too much of a hassle to upkeep as well, for the few times it might actually be needed. It just kind of seemed to save time instead of routing a moderator to do it for us.

Myriads
01-22-2008, 09:31 AM
It's feasable, but I choose to not enable it, as is was abused when we first started. Sorry.

Myriads

Dussicar
01-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Hmm. I wonder if that's why the other forum got rid of it too.:jester:

chrisheaven
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I tried to edit the title of this thread---- but couldn't -LOL

jk666uk
04-12-2008, 08:10 AM
it would be nice if you could edit your own titles thread

CrystalLight
04-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I agree. I have to be very careful not to misspell something, because then I feel like a douche when I see my thread butchered by my lack of proper spelling skills.

HisDivineShadow
04-12-2008, 11:55 AM
You are always free to PM a moderator to have a title changed. We're happy to correct spelling errors (Or anything else). Abuse of the system outweighs potential usefulness when considering enabling this feature, as Myriads noted.