• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Way to retrieve Deleted PMs?

CrystalLight

Level of Raspberry Feather
There is no way this could be done, huh?

I keep accidently deleting PMs that I needed to save for one reason or another.

Is there anyway we could have like a way to retrieve deleted posts, even if It only carries a 'holding period' for X amount of time?

When you delete a PM the database drops that entry completely. The same goes for posts, although I don't believe non-staff have the ability to fully remove posts (they are set to a "deleted" state and made invisible to all but staff when a member deletes a post/thread). Is it possible to modify the forum so that deleted things aren't actually deleted? Certainly. Would it be a bugger to implement? Yes indeed. 500 PMs isn't enough space for ya to save what you need? :upsidedow

I suggest a different solution:
1. Go to your User CP and, under "Private Messages", click "Edit Folders".
2. Add a new folder called "Trash".
3. From now on, instead of deleting PMs, move them to the Trash folder.
4. Empty every week or so.

This way you will have all the PMs you "deleted" and can reconsider if you happen to need them later. I personally use the download options for PMs (available in the lower right of any PM folder display). Simply check the PMs you want to save and choose a format to download them in. XML looks the best to me.

Ah. I didn't know I could create folders. I learned something new today. :D Thankies.

also, a lot of people don't know that you can download your pm's, by scrolling to the bottom of the pm page.

Sounds like something that can be mentioned on some other medium...that people listen too.

Hmmmm.

I'm sure one of us will get on this.

Rob

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back