• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New attachment handling

MacD

TMF Master
Hi

I noticed the new way to open attachments. The page fades down to dark and the attachment is shown in the middle of the page.
Thay may be cool to some degree but I use to Ctrl-Click an attachment to open it in a new tab. This won't work anymore now. Instead I wait and wait until it is loaded. Then Ctrl-F4 will not close the pic-tab but the original tab, I have to aim the X and click... that's pretty annoying for me.
Maybe this fading effect could be removed and we'll get back to the way where everyone can control how to open a link himself?
Greets
Mac

I think the CTRL-Click will still work. Let me test this here.

Interesting, it does not work. That is somewhat of a bother. I don't know if you have a scroll-wheel mouse or not but using the scroll wheel to click attachment links will open attachments in new tabs as before. We can change the thing so that the lightbox (that's what this effect is) appears only when one hovers their mouse over the attachment, enabling clicking as before. I'll have to ask the bossmen what they think.

I think that would be better, to make it hover only, if at all. That's a pretty obnoxious, and unecessary additional step.

although I now see that you can still save the image from that image. I don't know, let's see how people feel about it.

Just to explain, I'm the last one to dislike innovations and cool stuff!
But some of those new gallery-tools are a little oversized for me.
I've seen flash galleries that are "cool" and whatever but you can't handle them anymore. You can see all kinds of effects and stuff, pictures are flying in and out and doing the most incredible things. Nice for the fist couple of pics - but you have a hard time just watching a set of images without effects (which comsume time) and go back to where you are.

I am curious what will happen :upsidedow

When you click on the attachment, the background does fade to black and the image appears larger in the center of the screen, but if you click that image after it's been enlarged, it will open up in another tab or window with a normal white background.

At least that is what happens when I try it.

I kind of like it this way for some reason, but I can see how people would find it annoying.

I've switched the setting to hover. It will appear if you hover your cursor over the image thumbnail for a few seconds but will allow for ctrl+click to open it elsewhere. See if this is more to your liking, all.

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back