PDA

View Full Version : Anyone (from the UK) remembers this ad?

grippedchimp
05-29-2001, 02:24 PM
It was something about the senses (hearing, taste, etc.)
The most noticable bits were a nose chasing a piece of cheese, someone licking a tyre, a grammaphone, and a bare foot with its ankle chained up and the sole gets tickled by a feather. The toes were wiggling a bit and judging by the laugh, a female was laughing.

Any UK ticklephile must remember this ad. What was it about anyway?

BritBloke916
05-29-2001, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I remember this one turning up on the ad reels at the cinema fairly often for a while. I think it was a beer commercial. Incidentally, the advantage of catching it at the cinema on more than one occasion was that I knew exactly where to look at the right time (the part of the ad you're talking about was split-second stuff) and had an enormous screen to work with, allowing me to make the following observation: the leg was hairy!

You are correct in that the giggle we hear IS of female origin, but I believe that this was supposed to be the sadistic chortle of the tickler, rather than a reaction to the on-screen stuff. What can I say? I was as disappointed as everyone else.

That's not to say that the UK ad scene is exactly "clean", though: a recent ad for an ISP (not AOL; shame, would've been nice to see Connie get it) contained a sequence where a sterotypical cute family were sitting on a sofa (that would be "couch" for our US friends) and raving on about how great the ISP was. The on-screen daughter (approx 14, pretty) made some wisecrack about her dad, and red-blooded brit that he apparently was, he gave her a damn good tickling in response. She flailed and giggled pretty convincingly; looked legit to me.

Any others?

bandt001
05-29-2001, 05:43 PM
Hey GC,

Do you know the name of the ISP? Perhaps they have a websight where one could download the commercial...

Bandit

Arkham_tk
05-30-2001, 11:19 AM
yes, hairy leg. I remember my own disappointment at that particular ad. As for the girl being rib tickled in the other ad, I think it was Tiny computers, the kids had been going on about how great the computer was and then the girl comes up with a sarky comment about her dad being crap at using the computer. That's when dad gives her a rather prolonged and worthy rib tickling. Cute.

Arkham

grippedchimp
05-30-2001, 01:04 PM
Well that's just made my day complete! :mad: However, the foot looked a bit female to me and maybe the leg is unshaven/waxed for a woman. Besides, I'm stating some possiblities, but what do I know!? :p

BTW BritBloke, when was the last time you saw that ad?

BritBloke916
06-28-2001, 04:00 PM
Sorry for the unbelievable delay in answering your enquiry grippedchimp, but my internet connection has been down for the last month. The last time I saw this ad was whilst at Uni, which means no more recently than '97 and more likely '96. In all I would have seen it in excess of a dozen times. A sudden re-emergence of it would seem unlikely - and anyway, it's A BLOKE'S LEG, so who cares! Consider the facts - in addition to the hair, the leg is overly muscular, whilst the foot is devoid of nail polish and not particularly well kept.

Frankly mate, if it is female, I wouldn't touch it with yours (translation of UK expression for US readers: "I do not find her at all attractive").

Good to be back, mind. :)