• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help with drawing hair.

Lauren Tyler

1st Level Red Feather
I'm getting better (yay! ^^) but I still have trouble drawing hair. The outline I'm OK with, albeit still needing practice with. It's things like the bangs and things like that that give me trouble. I can never get the shape right. Any suggestions?

Here is my indispensable tip in making the hair, which is not supposed to take time to do. I have attached some old drawings to go with it. You just have to observe its simplicity.

Rule of the thumb: For anything that grows, start the stroke from the root of growth then let the pen/pencil follow through. It is the important ingredient to it. I apply it when doing hairs, brows, feathers, wings and even trees. it is proven effective.

Also, do not forget the highlights. Hairs shine.

nb: Attached B&W images, done with comic brush, inked

Last edited:
Thanks, but did you really mean it's not supposed to take long to do?

Yes. Few strokes will do. Maybe it's faster with ink, or maybe one has to be get used to it. Wish I could really demo it to you. If you observe the drawings I attached, the hairs are not complex.

I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, but are there any other pics you could use, because the actual content is kind of distracting, not intentionally mind you. Nothing personal, either. If not, maybe a close-up of the hair instead?

Oh okay, I guess the texts can distract. I will remove the image and change it to a cropped face. Here it is. I will look for pecnil sketches and post sometime.

Attached is one of my favorite execution of hairs. It's copyrighted so I really have to crop the rest of the image and leave only the hair and face. Do observe the flow, highlights, and strokes. Hope this can really help.

Doing hair is actually one of my favorite aspect in drawing figures... just a favorite.

Well ... if you're trying to draw an actual hairstyle and not just long, flowing locks, drawing hair CAN and will take some time. I've started drawing lots of retro pinup type hairdos and the best advice on hair in general, I'd say, is get some actual photos. Real life pics don't lie and you can learn a lot from them. Fashion and hair magazines and websites will off a host of hot hairstyles.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back