• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Venray - Winner 2008 Not Eligible For Future Votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
I'm going to reiterate the sentiments I posted when I nominated Jeff back in '05.

While I do support the nominations of those already nominated for the same reasons they were nominated for, there are certain criteria that I personally feel a person should meet for the "Pioneer" award. "Special Contribution" is an award for those who've done something valuable and positive in that year...the Pioneer award is perhaps the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a member of the community and, in my opinion, should go to someone who's shown consistancy over a long period of time in whatever it is that they do to make the community a better place.

My nomination goes to Venray.

Why?

1) He's shown an active involvement in the community since the beginning. Where many often come in, give and take what they will and move on, Ray has been actively involved in so many ways right from the start. Even the many trials of his personal life have not kept him down for long.

2) His involvement in the community is several-fold. From direct involvement as a former moderator to the day-to-day dealings with anyone and everyone, Ray has been "our rock", so to speak.

3) Since the TMF is a social setting, it is important to note the value of balancing the often overemphasized "need to be liked" with a sincere desire to use one's wisdom and experience to help others, regardless of the possibility of losing "popularity" for the day in light of the larger picture.

4) While the nominations for those who forged TMF Radio are seriously valid and have my sincere support, what Ray and his lovely wife Tracy have done with thier show has paved the way for some seriously positive things. "Making Friends Online" is devoted in its very theme to the community itself. When the show moved into uncharted territory, giving voice to those who've suffered in ways directly related to the nature of our community and fetish itself at times, it humanized many of us in ways unimaginable. And that led directly to a support group that may very well be the best thing that's come out of the TMF in a long time. It showed that we are capable of so much more than just having fun, that we can put in enormous effort to help people that in many case we haven't even met.

5) Again, since the very nature of our community is just that...community, Ray has embodied that nature in everything he does, be it providing humor and fun or tackling the many problems the forum has faced over the years to the best of his ability.

For these and other reasons too numerous to count without making this a page-long post, I whole-heartedly nominate Venray for 2008's Pioneer Award.

couldn't agree with you more...

I haven't had the opportunity to get to know him personally but just with my interaction he and his wife have provided such a strong positive influence on this site for so long. he is a valued part of this community and keeper of the joyous harmony that we have here even in parts of the site that are generally reserve for high levels of contention. i gladly second this nomination and offer my support for venray's induction.

Thank you, and much as I love you guys, i am not deserving of a "Pioneer" award...

I just hang around and do my thing and enjoy that which the true pioneers do all the time...

Personally I have supported LeeAllure's nomination in this catagory and HDS for service to the community..

I have already received 3 GFA's in the past...2 for community service and 1 that Tracy and I got for the old Venray site we had so long ago...

Time for some new blood to receive this and other awards here as we have so many that do so much...:)

...and, oh yeah....

6) Humility and modesty. A trait we can all look up to. ;)

Sorry Ven, you get my nomination. Always remember the old blood over the new blood. :smilestar

DK

I support this nomination as well. Ray, you have been here from the beginning, and have always offered an honest, civil, and fair perspective for us all, even if we haven't always agreed. It is refreshing to see a person who can be strong in his convictions, yet so civilized in considering the feelings, viewpoints, and rights of others, even if he doesnt agree with them. You were a fine mod, and have been a good friend to me, and I have always appreciated your support.

Mitch

i highly support this nomination!!

I know its been hard for you Ray in 2008 but i'm sure 2009 will make up for it!!

regards

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back