• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Clean lines?

gluestick

TMF Expert
Hi. I'm restricted to free software online. I've primarily been using Serif Photoplus 6. The problem is that i can't adjust my scanned art to appear as clean as it could be. I go through all the equalization, contrast, and threshold filters but regardless the lines never are consistent.
I really would like to produce decent lineart as I think it would greatly enhance the quality of my work. Anyone know of any free software that can produce really nice, neat lineart?

Have you tried scanning it in at high resolution? I found that scanning stuff in at 300 dpi (Dots Per Inch) looks a lot better than, say 150 or 200. That would be the first step I'd suggest.

i actually do scan at the highest resolution possible. I then do a series of filters to enhance the outline. When I get to making the lines all solid black though its never consistent around the art and i have to doctor it until it looks reasonable. I really just envy lineart that looks pristine and was wondering if its a software issue.

OK, I follow you. I've noticed that too with my own stuff. I always thought it was just me. Now you have me curious!

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back