• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

recommendations?

cutebarefootboy

TMF Poster
I was wondering what would be a good program for a cheap or free that can help me out in doing artwork on a computer? I hardly know how to draw and just looking for a good program that maybe helpful and easy to learn to use in doing some art work. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

There really ought to be a FAQ on this.

My own answer is that you need to find a program that matches the way your mind works. I use CorelDraw, which isn't cheap, but which works for me because I find it easier to wrap my mind around vector-style drawing programs than around paint-style ones.

Look into getting a drawing tablet, if you don't already have one. A basic model will run $80-100, which isn't necessarily cheap either, but they usually come with some "lite" paint programs bundled with them.

For finding free programs in general http://www.techsupportalert.com/ is a good resource.

If you want to work with vectors, you don't need a tablet per se. Should you want to buy one anyway, I can recommend the Wacom Bamboo One (I use one myself), Wacom's cheapest model, but a very reliable one. It also comes with ArtRage 2.0, a natural media painting simulator, which gives really nice results.

As for other programs, you can try out Paint.net or GIMP, both exellent programs and they are completely free.

For vectors specifically, you might want to try Inkscape, also a free program, and a serious competitor for the commercial ones, if you look at the features.

However, I must stress that a computer or software is not a magic tool that will make it easier to draw. If you got little experience in art itself, you might want to buy a good beginners book or take classes, and stick to the old pencil and paper for a while. :)

I second what scavenger has to say. In fact, I really need to take an art class badly.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back