• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

just me

nenezinho

Verified
It´s becoming an habit that everyone says my real name around here so it´s now quite obvious :) doesn´t really bothers me as it´s one of the most comon names in Portugal.

My real name it´s Rui, as i said a comon name, comes from the latin word "rex" which means "king". The iberians lately changed the word to "rei" and both portuguese and spanish derived the names Rui and Ruy who were usually given to second/third childs in noble families, those children who would have to fight their way as knights to achieve something.

I´m now 28years old, altough barely (september). I´m actually a second child but my brother was dead at birth so i never really knew what it is to have a brother. On the other side, you can imagine how my mother is always around considering she lost 1 baby and she only has one left. My parents come from very simple families, both from inner countryside (and portuguese countryside is really countryside!). To give you a clue i still remember one of my grandmothers not having a bathroom on her house....lets not talk about electricity or running wather :)

So altough i lived all my life in Lisbon (or near it), i was used to spend my holidays far from the cities, in places where all you could do was swiming, play cards...more swiming, play cards again.... :) this was also where i started learning english. Many portuguese families from these forgoten places went to look for a better life in Canada or US. They were usually around with their kids for holidays and this is why i learned english so early.

I was generally very outgoing as a child, likely most popular guy in class, the youngest cousin in the family, best friend of my 3 neighbour sisters and the spoiled kid of my big neighbour sister. All in all i was spoiled to no end but still had a love for learning and knowledge which made everyone spoil me even more as they all thought i would be something great.

was part of a gimnastics team for 2 years (6/7), then was diagnosed asthma and went allot indoor for the rest of my childhood....this is when i started reading and even writing, did some child tales which are currently forgotten on some closet near me :)

also lost all my "sisters" at 6 years old, for different reasons. Then my closest grandmother dyed when i was 9 and 2 years latter my favorite uncle went the same way (both cancer).

This was when that "great young kid" decided he wanted to just stay in his room, get defensive, it´s still just a way of not getting too involved with people for fear of loosing them. Everyone who deals with me will somewhere feel like i´m too cold or just seem to able to shut them off whenever i feel like...again it´s just defensive. I still have feelings :)

On my teens i started to get outside again. Found out i really loved to play soccer altough i was a shitty player by then. I did work really hard to improve and came to be a good striker, my best record is 21 goals scored in 13 games, my last season! This was before a car crash left me out of play for a few weeks. I was told i had to undergo a knee surgery in order to keep playing at top level...considering the uncertainty of a soccer career against a surgery....enough was enough and by 16 years old it was time to focus on something else.

So what to do in life????? What i really love is history but unluckily portugal is pretty much a black hole regarding history. There´s only 1 major historian around here....oh well....finally my relatives convinced me to try economics and then business/management as they still wanted something better for me. I had the grades to go pretty much everywhere and considering history was not a good option....let´s give it a try!

To graduate on something you are really not into is not the easiest of tasks as i would find out :) I did got into 1 of the 3 best portuguese management schools but getting out of it became some problem :) I was more or less managing through it when i found love out of portugal. What is still my best relationship until today was ruined because we were both too young to move away from our countries. Still this crushed me and on 10/11 (yep, the day after 9/11) i decided to take a year out and just re think life.

Finally came to the decision that after all i could see myself graduating and working somewhere on marketing or even accounting if needed. So after 1 year brake i came back to become again one of the best around (finally my parents where happy!). One thing i took from all this is that i moved through several classes and years in college, therefore getting to know a lot more people and some really great friends! this would come in play latter :) Also did not hurt that all the younger colleagues got to see my good version and not the careless student from 1st years ;)

After graduation again took some time to do another thing i really like, teach! I wanted to try and it looked like a nice time so i spent some time giving private lessons. I did rather ok and was earning a nice money, while i waited for a chance in a big multinational company....actually i went to earn less as a trainee then what i was earning as a teacher.

In 2005 finally started real work, already 24 so it may appear late. Again remember my idea is to just enjoy life, not concerned on being really good or impress anyone. I did hit some success at work, moving from sales steering to controlling and from trainee to assistant and today senior controller and coordination for portuguese controlling...i only coordinate a single person but that´s what we can manage in a small market....we have to do everything with less people and more creativity :)

By the end of 2007 some of my contacts back in college started looking on my quick arising inside a big company. I was invited to first take part in a program to help young graduates. My first task was to give some presentations about controlling area and other stuff inside a big company, help them choose where to work and how to deal with stuff.

As i said i really love to teach so i have an eye on my college ;) Quickly embraced all activities and in a few months the idea came, together with some other former colleagues, supported by our college, to create a kind of a network project with presentations, workshops, outdoor events....basically we want everyone to stay together and help each other arise where they work.

In between i did a major in controlling and chose not to run for a master yet. I will do it eventually or maybe an MBA...who knows! For now i see a master degree as the next step going for a teaching career, altough i want it i want to see how i can do in the business world for now.

My personality...always a problem to speak about ourselves!!!
Generally defensive person, one that listens first to know where he is before opening myself. I have some real strong moral concepts and i try to run my life in a way as to do my little bit in order to help everyone around. I would prefer to stay back in the countryside, maybe fishing and just enjoying great landscapes. But i love to learn, travel, meet different people, and this is why i need money (the world we live in!!!). Usually i will be someone in whom everyone can trust. I´m the kind of friend who will always be wondering around, many times people will not know where, still, whenever my friends need me i´ll be the 1st to show up and last to leave.
Another big trait is will power and being a fighter, i enjoy fighting, be it games, be it real life, i love a good challenge and i´ll kill myself trying to win it :)

To be honest i think i like to look tough and powerful just to hide my real feelings, as a way to keep myself from being used by others.

I also tend to have a real black sense of humour when i get to know people.

My best friends are still the ones i made when i was 12 so this shows how i see friendship as something for life. Among others, we have a saying: what belongs to one, belongs to all, except cars and women.....we do go around this saying on the car part but so far we keep it tight about women :)

My tickling side!!!!!!
This is posted somewhere around so i´ll keep it short.
Started as a daring and compulsive lee during childhood. I made a point of getting always lying barefoot in some older girl´s bed :firedevil Around 7/8 years old and due to asthma i started fighting the laughing part of it, building control in order to still be a lee without getting into the hospital. As i found out later, a lee who doesn´t laugh is no lee at all :(
So on my latter teens i developed my ler side and as usually i really go for it as i do with everything. Still, if possible, i´m only trying to instigate girls on really breaking me again.

P.S.: I know many of you know i had also a kind of life threatening experience last year. I skipped that because in general it went well and had no major influence in my life...appart from being in bed for 2 weeks straight, something i´d never do otherwise ;)

Very nice little biography you've given us. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rui!

Thanks for sharing - that was v. informative.
Hope we get to see you again this year ;)

Lee

My hometown

As promised, i´ll give everyone a link to see lots of pictures from my hometown.

There´s actually one where you can see exactly where i live and even my cars are visible. But i´ll tell that only if asked on pm :)

there it goes:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=711244

By the way, small description of the city:
Small city some 10 miles north of lisbon on the bank of the Tagus river. it´s known history comes from the muslim ocupation on the iberian peninsula. The muslims were the 1st to settle here due to the high amount of fresh water and to the medical use they gave to some of the fountains. The city name is still a slight change from a muslim word meaning swamp land. The city shield shows this by displaying the 2 red crescent moons and the 2 blue stripes as the river and fountains. The castles on top are just the portuguese heraldic for village.

Today this young city is known as the "green city" or "lisbon´s northern gate". It´s also home for the main Portuguese Air Force base and main maintenance facilities. The 1st Lisbon international airport was also here before the actual one was built. The Air Force base still owns a public museum displaying several real life airplanes from the early ages and lots of cool stuff telling the story of portuguese aviation.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back