• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Because all the cool kids are doing it

penny lane

Verified
Hi, my name is Penny and I'm an addict. Wait, wrong forum. ;)

Unlike many here on this forum, I wasn't born with the tickling gene. I'm a convert. I really can't recall when I first discovered this site. I think it was like, in 2002 or 2003, I googled the T word and this was one of the sites that came up. I just lurked for a couple of years. Then I attended a gathering which didn't go very well and vowed to never attend another. After some time had passed, I decided to try again and dvnc made it a positive experience for me. So I decided to keep him.

Outside of the forum I'm a teacher...which also means that I'm a parent, guardian, and counselor. Hopefully, I'll have my master's in Education before I turn 40.

Best aspects about my job:

- The 'ah-ha' moment: when you introduce your students to something new or particularly interesting. They get a look on their face that shows they are amazed at what they're learning...it's great!
-June, July, August (seriously)
-Lots of laughs and fun with the kids, celebrating holidays, birthdays
-Exposure to lots of different types of children with lots of different perspectives on this world

The not-so-best aspects of my job:

-Uncooperative and apathetic parents
-Over-involved and 'helicopter' parents (who hover over their kiddies)
-Being expected to be a teacher all the time...You're kind of a public figure
-NCLB (hopefully Obama will reform it) and mandatory state testing

This can be a pro or a con, but you tend to live a lot through your students and 'bring stuff home with you'. Not necessarily the paperwork stuff, but emotional stuff. Some of it is good, and some of it is the bad stuff that makes your heart ache.

Turn on's:

Exercise/physical fitness, movies (especially horror), music, cooking- I love The Most Decadent Diet cookbook and Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals, San Francisco, Silver Patron margaritas, a fat glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling, watching tv shows online with no commercials...I've been catching up on Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Califorinication (GREAT show, BTW).

Turn off's:

Cruelty to animals, epic, win, fail, and mean people.

Not much else you need to know. Cheers!

The words epic, win, and fail are actual turn-offs for you?

:excited: Hi penny lane, :excited:
I liked the way you opened with a joke that was actually funny. I've seen you posting, and I enjoyed reading about you. Super profile.

Hi Penny, nice to meet you! Very nice, fun profile you've got there. It's an epic w.. oh, wait, sorry. ;)

Very nice profile Penny Lane. Wish I'd had a little more chance to chat with you in Ohio, but hopefully next time. Keep enjoying SF, I miss it.

Really nice profile Penny. Wish we had talked in Ohio, but there is always time to do that next gathering. You've got a great guy in D. Take care of yourself. :smilestar

The words epic, win, and fail are actual turn-offs for you?

Well, between this forum, other forums, and the kids at school, I'm getting tired of hearing those words. I realize those are the "in" words right now, but I guess I'm becoming an old fuddy-duddy. ;)

b...but what about extreme advertising? ;)

Thanks for the insight, Penny.

What got you into teaching?

That`s a really nice profile,Penny.

As my fathers were teachers,I grew up among teachers.I couldn`t agree more with the ups and downs of your profession! I hope I can catch up with you one day at a Gathering! It would be nice to meet a fellow addict!:dog:

I agree that June, July, and August are wonderful. :couch:
Very nice profile, Penny. :D

What got you into teaching?

Teaching is my second career. For almost 10 years I worked in the health and life insurance business...mostly as a underwriter. I got burnt out, as well as disenchanted with the industry, which eventually led me to getting fired. If you've ever seen the movie Sicko, Michael Moore (as much as he annoys me) hits the nail on the head when it comes to the health insurance industry.

So after I got fired I decided to try a new career...teaching. And I haven't looked back. Teaching has been far more rewarding to me. Yes, there are some things that annoy me about education...the bureaucracy of it, but the pros almost always outweigh the cons. I try to not let the "red tape" bother me.

Great intro, darlin'. It seems so light t'me, though. I guess I just know ya more. Horror flicks are clearly a fav! ;)

I've switched from gin to tequila 'cause I like yer margaritas so much!

Hi, my name is Penny and I'm an addict. Wait, wrong forum. ;)

Unlike many here on this forum, I wasn't born with the tickling gene. I'm a convert. I really can't recall when I first discovered this site. I think it was like, in 2002 or 2003, I googled the T word and this was one of the sites that came up. I just lurked for a couple of years. Then I attended a gathering which didn't go very well and vowed to never attend another. After some time had passed, I decided to try again and dvnc made it a positive experience for me. So I decided to keep him.

Outside of the forum I'm a teacher...which also means that I'm a parent, guardian, and counselor. Hopefully, I'll have my master's in Education before I turn 40.

Best aspects about my job:

- The 'ah-ha' moment: when you introduce your students to something new or particularly interesting. They get a look on their face that shows they are amazed at what they're learning...it's great!
-June, July, August (seriously)
-Lots of laughs and fun with the kids, celebrating holidays, birthdays
-Exposure to lots of different types of children with lots of different perspectives on this world

The not-so-best aspects of my job:

-Uncooperative and apathetic parents
-Over-involved and 'helicopter' parents (who hover over their kiddies)
-Being expected to be a teacher all the time...You're kind of a public figure
-NCLB (hopefully Obama will reform it) and mandatory state testing

This can be a pro or a con, but you tend to live a lot through your students and 'bring stuff home with you'. Not necessarily the paperwork stuff, but emotional stuff. Some of it is good, and some of it is the bad stuff that makes your heart ache.

Turn on's:

Exercise/physical fitness, movies (especially horror), music, cooking- I love The Most Decadent Diet cookbook and Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals, San Francisco, Silver Patron margaritas, a fat glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling, watching tv shows online with no commercials...I've been catching up on Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Califorinication (GREAT show, BTW).

Turn off's:

Cruelty to animals, epic, win, fail, and mean people.

Not much else you need to know. Cheers!

Common, NCLB and the health insurance industry is great.

jk.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back