• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I DEFEATED THE RROD!

Goodieluver

3rd Level Indigo Feather
So 2 days ago, i received the infamous Red Ring of Death. 1 months of ownership down the shitter. First hit as a 1 red in quadrant 4 which meant a hard drive issue(E79) so i took it out and rehooked it up. Got 1 kill on COD4 then froze and all 3

People saying "That sucks dude, sorry"

Check this out

I bought the 2 yr warranty from best buy when i got it cuz i wanted it as a first line of defense then the MS warranty as a failsafe. I took it in, Geek Squad tested and yup, RROD. So i get a new xbox. They dont sell the 20gb drives anymore, so i had to get the 60 cuz thats the only pro they sell. The pro also had a substantial price drop in a year and with the replacement plan, i ended up with a 60 dollar credit for bestbuy. Sadly 30 of it which to transfering my hard drive to the other system since i couldnt keep the old drive. So ONE DAY after i get Ring'd, i end up with a new system with a bigger hard drive, and i bought there will be blood and some audio cables

I RULE!

Also, i just learned after a year of owning that you can dl whole games off the cds to the hard drive, so doing this now should substantially increase the life of my new box

most xbox exclusive games end up for pc anyway, gears of war, halo ect. That's why i stick with PS3

That's great the warranty paid off for you, many people don't get that lucky. It's bad enough that microsoft makes you provide your own box and print your own shipping label.

most xbox exclusive games end up for pc anyway, gears of war, halo ect. That's why i stick with PS3

That's great the warranty paid off for you, many people don't get that lucky. It's bad enough that microsoft makes you provide your own box and print your own shipping label.

The only game in development that has my curious is Legends of Wrestlemania. Since there is no plans to develop for the wii (stupid I think), I may have to break down and purchase a 2cd-hand X-Box, just for this game

I had it once not long after i got my xbox totally had a look of dread, but strangely even though it was definatly the RROD i turned it off for a few seconds and turned it back on and it was fine, not had any trouble with it since,(touch wood) and that was over a year and a half ago

The whole running the games off the hard drive was only introduced a couple of months ago though, and some games run worse without the CD the main one being Halo 3

I tried that downloading game onto hardrive thing... but it just "apparently" makes it load faster and you still need the disk in to play it..

unless im totally doing it wrong..

I tried that downloading game onto hardrive thing... but it just "apparently" makes it load faster and you still need the disk in to play it..

unless im totally doing it wrong..

You need the disc, cuz they dont want people dl'ing and then sharing

But if yer disc is scratched, u will have a copy to run off of and you wont be running off your drive, meaning less heat buildup

You need the disc, cuz they dont want people dl'ing and then sharing

But if yer disc is scratched, u will have a copy to run off of and you wont be running off your drive, meaning less heat buildup

ahh I see, I thought it would be something like that,

i have a funny story about my first 360. i stood in line when they first came out and bought one. i had it for 2 weeks ish and since the first wave were defective it died and i got the red ring of death.. instead of sending it in and waiting to get it back, i went to wal-mart and bought a new one.. brought it home and took out only the console, i put the dead one back in the packaging and then took it back.. new xbox without having to wait for a repair.

Congrats on defeating the RROD. 1 in 3 is not exactly an encouraging number when it comes to failure rate. I'll get a 360 when the failure rate is closer to 1 in 100, you know, NINTENDO standards?

1 in never is more like Nintendo standards. I still have my old NES and the sucker boots up just fine, like nothing was ever wrong. Blowing in the cartridges though, that's a different story. Ahhh, the glory days.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back