• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Two new MMO's that might be of intrest...

Viden

TMF Regular
Ok you mmo players, or WoW players... There's two new mmo's on the way that I'm looking forward to myself. They're not fantasy based like WoW as in swords and what not, but space :woot2: Sci-Fi

The first one.....(drum roll)..... A NEW Star Wars!!! Not done by Sony so it shouldn't get fucked up, it's actually done by Bioware, who did Knights of the Old Republic, and YES it's based off of those games!! :woot:
http://www.swtor.com/

The second one....(drum roll).... A Star Trek MMO!!! Now, this one looks pretty interesting to me. I love both Star Trek and Star Wars, was raised on them both equally, so I don't hate either :blaugh: and they're both quite different sets up from each other. I really like what this one looks like, just cause I wanna play a Klingon and board a federation ship!! :woot:
http://www.startrekonline.com/

Now I know that I might be the one of the few if not the only one that might enjoy these :shrug: but I thought I might share in case any of your haven't heard of these yet and might like them. I've been following both sites myself, awaiting their releases. I believe the Star Wars game will probably be out before the Star Trek one. But We'll see.

The Star Trek one looks like it's going to be pretty terrible I think. I've been following the development for a long time and they've changed what it's going to be about, at least twice now. Right now, according to the latest news I heard which admittedly was six months ago or so, it's going to just be ship to ship combat, like you won't play a person such as a captain or medical officer, you'll play the ship itself. Which seems to me to be missing the point of Star Trek (teamwork and camaraderie) entirely.

I've got all my MMO hopes on the Old Republic. The two single player games that it's based on were both amazing, and Bioware has a track record of only releasing exceptional games that have been really nailed down in every detail. And by setting it 4000 years in the past, they neatly avoid the problem with the first Star Wars MMO, which is that everyone wants to wield a lightsaber.

The Star Trek one looks like it's going to be pretty terrible I think. I've been following the development for a long time and they've changed what it's going to be about, at least twice now. Right now, according to the latest news I heard which admittedly was six months ago or so, it's going to just be ship to ship combat, like you won't play a person such as a captain or medical officer, you'll play the ship itself. Which seems to me to be missing the point of Star Trek (teamwork and camaraderie) entirely.

I've got all my MMO hopes on the Old Republic. The two single player games that it's based on were both amazing, and Bioware has a track record of only releasing exceptional games that have been really nailed down in every detail. And by setting it 4000 years in the past, they neatly avoid the problem with the first Star Wars MMO, which is that everyone wants to wield a lightsaber.

I didn't like KotOR 2. It wasn't made by BioWare, which I'm sure is why it wasn't as fun. It just didn't grab me like the first one did. The MMO looks like it's going to be amazing, though. They're much smarter when it comes to timeline than SOE was, definitely.

The MMO's I am mostly waiting to try out, are SW: ToR, DC Universe, and Aion.

The Star Trek one looks like it's going to be pretty terrible I think. I've been following the development for a long time and they've changed what it's going to be about, at least twice now. Right now, according to the latest news I heard which admittedly was six months ago or so, it's going to just be ship to ship combat, like you won't play a person such as a captain or medical officer, you'll play the ship itself. Which seems to me to be missing the point of Star Trek (teamwork and camaraderie) entirely..

Yeha, I was so disappointed when they changed how the game was to be played. I know it's sad, but I was actually getting quite excited about playing and engineer, stuck down in the engine and doing my best Scotty impression. I've pretty much lost all interest in it now.

I didn't like KotOR 2. It wasn't made by BioWare, which I'm sure is why it wasn't as fun. It just didn't grab me like the first one did. The MMO looks like it's going to be amazing, though. They're much smarter when it comes to timeline than SOE was, definitely.

I quite liked KotOR 2. It wasn't as good as the first game, but it built on the first one quite well. I think the fact that it was rushed out to meet a release date was what made it seem so unfinished.

But hopefully the new MMO will live up to expectations. This life sucks so I need to replace it with something more exciting.

I kind of like the sound of some of the superhero MMO's that are coming out. Both games (Champions Online and DC Universe Online) seem like they'll play fairly similarly and they both seem to be aimed at casual players, so it could be tought to choose between them. And it doesn't help that Marvel Online is in the works too. :D

Well the Star Trek game is you play your character. Your character is the lead officer of a ship (starting out on a small ship, and commanding bigger ships as you level or whatever they're going to call it). There is space combat (ship to ship), as well as character combat as well. You can board ships, and do character combat that way, or you can also beam down to planets, and explore planets. They're creating an engine that will generate space as it's explored by the players, so I'm sure each server will be different in that way as well.

If your not into combat, you can explore space, and try to do diplomatic missions with other planets, and try to get others to join your faction. If successful you'll earn your ship, better improvements and the like.

They are also going to make the neutral zone the pvp zone, where you can go and battle against the other faction, board their ships etc... Space combat is going to be a bit slower and more strategic, and the character combat is going to be more the style of combat of traditional MMO's have. Similar to the combat from Star Wars and the like.

It's going to be a very different game, but I'm still looking forward to it, and I'm going to give it a shot still. But yes Jeff, I agree with you, I'm more looking forward to the Star Wars game, cause I get to play with a lightsaber :woot: And I'm going to try to conquer my server as a Sith Lord :woot2:

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back