• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Reducing Smiley Limit Per Post.

AngelOfDarkness

Verified
I, as a member of TMF, propose a new limit on the amount of smileys allowed per post made. Quoting our dear CrystalLight, “ Whoever made the smiley limit at 50 is a Sadist.“ I agree with her. I suggest that the number, which is currently 50, be reduced to the 5-15 (or thereabouts) range. We should not have to scroll through half a page, or struggle to get to the core of the message, while the excessive images used are distracting to the eye of the numerous readers. I mean no insult to anyone with this, but if you are tired of trying to wade through a sea of smileys to get to the meaning of the post, please support this! (I should be a politician! :p )

1. AngelOfDarkness

2. Jo Cus even numbers are win. And I like two.

Sorry. But covering a whole post in emoticons like that is retarded. We're lucky that Jeff added a whole bunch for us to use, but not like that.

What about people who are just being silly and posts a whole bunch smilies for the sake of being silly in the silly section? Chrisheaven had created a silly thread about (and though it's currently dead) what if someone wanted to post as many as you can of the smilies in that thread just to be silly?

Maybe i'm missing something,but i see very few posts like that.When i do i don't bother with them.I just don't see that it's that big an issue.

Good point. :)

It'd be nice to see it just stick within Gen Dis and Tk Dis then.

It's just a little insane that you click on a post about say.. meeting new people or something serious and see an emoticon of a guy dancing in the snow. Or a DJ. >.>

What about people who are just being silly and posts a whole bunch smilies for the sake of being silly in the silly section? Chrisheaven had created a silly thread about (and though it's currently dead) what if someone wanted to post as many as you can of the smilies in that thread just to be silly?

I see your point. Silly section excluded, it's a nuisance anywhere else....so I do see where it is slightly flawed in reducing the number.

Maybe i'm missing something,but i see very few posts like that.When i do i don't bother with them.I just don't see that it's that big an issue.

Some folks put up a stink about Signatures being too big. Although they all weren't, just enough were that it bothered people. These emoticons are the same way.

It's not a drastic change. I believe the emoticon count allowed was lower before, with no issue. I think it was only made higher not that long ago. So even going back to what it was before.

The limit is actually a combined 60 for smileys and images and, unfortunately, this cannot be reduced on a per-forum basis. Further, because changing this would reduce the number of images a member could include in a post putting it very low would cause other problems. Alas, then, we cannot implement it on a forum-specific basis, which likely precludes it ever being done.

Poop. Thankie anyways, DSL. <3

It'd be teh suck if a regular poster started oddly posting random excessive emoticons at the end of each post, eh. :D

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying, HDS. On reflection....what I proposed is too low, but 60 is a lot, too. :)

Good point. :)

It'd be nice to see it just stick within Gen Dis and Tk Dis then.

It's just a little insane that you click on a post about say.. meeting new people or something serious and see an emoticon of a guy dancing in the snow. Or a DJ. >.>

I understand what you're saying. I don't really see a whole lot of posts with several smilies in it in serious threads. Maybe someone who greets a newcomer that way is excited to greet that person and wants to express themselves that way. I don't know.

I hadn't realized that you could post that many in one post.

I understand what you're saying. I don't really see a whole lot of posts with several smilies in it in serious threads. Maybe someone who greets a newcomer that way is excited to greet that person and wants to express themselves that way. I don't know.

I hadn't realized that you could post that many in one post.

Yah. It's just one of those things, where I'll scroll, see that post with all the emoticons and go "Holy shit. Was that seriously necessary??" In the right mind frame it can be a huge annoyance. Nothing GR related or extremely important, just an irk kind of thing?

It'd be teh suck if a regular poster started oddly posting random excessive emoticons at the end of each post, eh. :D

Do note that if you see anyone abusing the smiley system outside of Silly Stuff they can be reported; it a poster regularly makes reading threads difficult due to excessive smiley levels this can be halted. Just tell us, eh? Some, like me, never notice (as I scroll very quickly) and so we need a good smack to know when to act on a problem. :D

Yah. It's just one of those things, where I'll scroll, see that post with all the emoticons and go "Holy shit. Was that seriously necessary??" In the right mind frame it can be a huge annoyance. Nothing GR related or extremely important, just an irk kind of thing?

Most likely an OCD thing. *twitch* ;)

I like maybe three or five, maybe even seven smileys.

Do note that if you see anyone abusing the smiley system outside of Silly Stuff they can be reported; it a poster regularly makes reading threads difficult due to excessive smiley levels this can be halted. Just tell us, eh? Some, like me, never notice (as I scroll very quickly) and so we need a good smack to know when to act on a problem. :D

:slap:

That's right, HDS. Antagonize her further...........

Some folks put up a stink about Signatures being too big. Although they all weren't, just enough were that it bothered people. These emoticons are the same way.

A very large signature picture can make a thread difficult to read.I've never had that problem when it comes to emoticons.

I will agree that outside of the SSF it's a bit much.:)

I have never been bothered by emoticons used or "overused" in a post...it reflects on the personality of the one posting.....

Does this mean I can't blind you with 100,000 smilies?
Trying to stay serious: I don't think there is a need to go smiley mad, nor am I bothered if someone does. Given that I have a sig the size of a planet, I can't complain, really.

The limit of images in a post (including emoticons) used to be 25. I would occasionally exceed that in the Silly Stuff Forum and get an error message. Outside the SSF, nobody really needs very many. :D

On behalf of Dr. Peter P. Prackenpecker of the Center For Smiley Research I think we need as many smileys as possible at least in the Silly Stuff Forum. Thank you. :p :bounce:

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back