• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A Stunner, One Last October, And Then, Farewell To An Island, A Team, And A Life

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
While the Good Guys were away on their road trip to New York, Atlanta, and Houston, a shocking turn of events occurred. The hotel company that owned the team, had been suffering through a brutal time financially, due to the battered global economy. While attendance had not been terrible at Good Guys games that season, it had been far below the numbers that had flocked to games in the good years. To this end, the hotel needed to sell the team as soon as possible, and finding a buyer in the miserable economy was going to be next to impossible. As the regular season came to an end, the Good Guys were winning the division, and preparing for another October, the lethal blow arrived. The hotel company had asked the commissioner of baseball to be allowed to disband the Good Guys. The company cited financial reasons, and a dwindling lack of interest in baseball on Paradise Island. While major league baseball could conceivably take over the team, the proximity to other teams, as well as the Good Guys sideline tickling interests, which everyone knew about, but was rarely discussed, would serve as a poor image for major league baseball. With no corporate ownership, and major league baseball's disinterest in running the team, the commissioner drafted a letter to members of the team, and the team employees, stating that baseball intended to strip the Good Guys of their charter, for the purpose of disbanding the team. The players would be free to find jobs on other teams, if they were available, but, to quote the letter received by Good Guys players and management :"As of the final day of the Paradise Island Good Guys baseball season, whenever such may come, the Good Guys will cease to exist as a major league baseball team".

The letter came as a shocker to the Good Guys players. The players could attempt a lawsuit against major league baseball, for the purpose of overturning the ruling, but it would be a long drawn out process, one that twenty five players were unlikely to win against the giant of major league baseball.

The disbanding of the Good Guys was real cause to question the future of Mitch and Naomi, and their family. Mitch was an icon in major league baseball, with over six hundred home runs, more than anyone but Mays, Ruth, Aaron, and Bonds. He could surely catch on with another team. However, now in his early forties, and with his Hall of Fame place set, Mitch really didnt want to ever play for anyone but the Good Guys. He would play out October, and then retire. He had experienced a long, productive career in baseball, and he knew that with the Good Guys ready to say farewell, it was time for him to say farewell also.

Naomi and Mitch had never been that happy together. Naomi really wanted to return to acting, and Mitch knew that would result in a move to California, a place Mitch had never wanted to live. Mitch's true love was Cathy. After long, and intensive discussion, Mitch and Naomi agreed to an amicable divorce. Mitch would likely go with Cathy, and live somewhere in the United States, perhaps New York, or maybe Pennsylvania. The family had millions of dollars to split in the divorce, so money would not be an issue.

To this end, shortly before the playoffs were about to begin, Mitch and Naomi sat their grown children down, for a discussion. "Kids, you all know about the Good Guys, the team disbanding, and what that means to our family. I'm going to retire from baseball, so is your mom. She is going back to acting. I have yet to figure out what I'm going to do. We both love you all very much, more than life itself, and will for the rest of our lives, but your mom and I have decided to divorce. We tried very dilligently for a long time, as you all know, but we just want different things out of life. We are going to try and make this tranistion as smooth as possible for all of you, under the circumstances. Your mom wants to live in California where she can finally resume her acting career. I may want to move to the U.S. as well. I'm planning to marry Cathy. I love her, and we have a child together. Your mom, I and Cathy all love you, and you are all our children" Mitch said.

Oldest daughter Erin was incredulous : "That's great, Dad, the stupid fucking tickling team is going away, so that's reason for you to trash your quarter century marriage, because you cant tickle half naked girls every weekend? I dont know how mom put up with that for twenty five years. God, you're an asshole!" Erin spouted. "Erin, that's enough. I will not be spoken to like that. I have never done anything to you to justify such talk. Your mom and I aren't happy together anymore. We haven't been for a long time. None of you have a right to tell us that we have to stay together for life, if we aren't happy. Your mom has a right to be happy, and so do I. As long as we love and support all of you, we are doing our jobs as parents" Mitch shot back. "As I said, you can choose to live with your mom, or with me and Cathy, or you can all find your own apartment, that your mom and I will pay for. I would prefer all of you were near at least one of us, and that you didnt stay here on the island, because my plan is, once I leave Paradise Island, I dont ever want to come back. Too many memories here, especially for how things are ending for us" Mitch said.

With the team disbanding, and the family splitting up, the Good Guys prepared to embark on one last October run. The team wanted to win it all, to go out on top, but as the American League had the home field advantage in the World Series that year, such a win would have to occur by the fifth game, for the Good Guys home fans to see one last championship.

The playoffs began on a Tuesday, in the National League Division Series, against the Philadelphia Phillies, in Paradise. Gil Bellows started, against the Phillies Cole Hamels. Both pitchers allowed one run in six innings, before the Good Guys scored a run in the eighth, to take the lead. Amanda Bynes finished the game in the ninth, and the Good Guys had a 2-1 win. Charlize Theron pitched Game Two. The Good Guys scored four early runs, and Theron was near perfect, allowing but one run, and only one hit, as the bullpen finished the game again, in a 4-1 victory.

The teams flew to Philadelphia, and took Thursday off, before playing Game Three on Friday night. Neve Campbell started against the Phils Jamie Moyer. Moyer kept the Good Guys off stride, giving up but two runs, as the Phils lashed Campbell for five tallies, and came away with a 5-2 triumph. Bellows and Hamels matched up again in Game Four. This time, neither was as sharp, as they both allowed three runs. The Good Guys, however, scored a run in the eighth, on an Ed Burns homer, as Hilary Duff finished the game, in a 4-3 win, that sent the Good Guys to the National League Championship Series.

The team flew home, rested, and worked out, before opening the National League Championship Series, against the New York Mets, in Paradise, that Tuesday night. Charlize Theron pitched Game One, against the Mets John Maine. Maine gave up a two run homer, and nothing else, as Charlize was near perfect, allowing but one hit, in a 2-0 opening game Good Guys win. Neve Campbell pitched Game Two, against the Mets Mike Pelfrey. Campbell pitched better than she had in her previous outing, allowing but three runs in six innings, as the Good Guys pummeled Pelfrey for seven runs, in what would be a 7-4 win, to take a two game to none lead.

The teams flew to New York, and worked out on Thursday, before playing Game Three at Citi Field, on Friday night. Gil Bellows would oppose the Mets Johan Santana. Bellows allowed an early two run homer, and nothing else, while Santana emerged unscathed, until the eighth, before giving up a homer. The Good Guys didnt get anything else, and lost, 2-1. Charlize and John Maine faced off again in Game Four. This time, Paradise silenced the Citi Field crowd, with a four run first inning off Maine. The Mets kept chipping away, but could never get over the hump, and the Good Guys won 6-4, to be one win away from the World Series. Campbell and Pelfrey would oppose one another again in Game Five, and this time the Mets lit Campbell up, bombing her for five first inning runs, in what would be a 5-1 Mets win, that sent the series back to Paradise.

The teams flew back to Paradise, and took Monday off, before playing Game Six in Paradise on Tuesday night. Bellows and Santana would face each other again. Santana allowed one unearned run, on an error, as Bellows fired inning after inning, completely shutting down the hard hitting Mets lineup. The end result was a 1-0 win, that sent the Good Guys to what would be their last World Series, win or lose, beginning at New Yankee Stadium, that Saturday night.

The Good Guys flew to New York, and prepared for the World Series. The team secretly knew the goal, win the Series, and end it in five games, so their fans could see them celebrate. To do this, they needed to win at least one of the first two games in New York. The World Series began on Saturday night, at Yankee Stadium. Bellows faced off against the Yankees CC Sabathia. Both pitchers pitched shutout ball until the eighth, when a Yankee error, allowed the Good Guys a run. The Yankees tied the game in the eighth, and the game went to the tenth, where the Good Guys got a run off the Yankee bullpen. Hilary Duff pitched the bottom of the tenth, and finished off the 2-1 victory. Charlize would face AJ Burnett in Game Two. Burnett got clubbed, allowing eight runs into the fourth inning. In the meantime, Charlize allowed only one run, and led the Good Guys to an 8-1 win, and a two game to none lead. The Good Guys were halfway to winning their last World Series, but, as the 1996 Atlanta Braves could tell them, the series was not over, until four games were won. The Braves had also won the first two games of the 1996 World Series at Yankee Stadium, and then lost four in a row to lose the series. The Good Guys knew they had two more wins to get, and that such would not be easy.

The teams flew back to Paradise, and worked out, before playing Games Three through Five, the last games at Good Guys Stadium, on Tuesday through Thursday nights. The crowds would pack the park, to see their Good Guys compete in person, one last time. Neve Campbell pitched Game Three, and got clubbed, allowing five runs, as Yankee starter Chin Min Wang would give up only one run, in a 5-1 Yankee win, to get back in the Series. The Good Guys now knew what they needed to do, win two, or they wouldnt finish at home, and would stand a chance of losing their last World Series. Bellows and Sabathia worked in Game Four. Things didnt start well for Paradise, as Bellows was clocked for four first inning runs. The Good Guys, however, were a team on a mission, and chipped away, erasing the deficit by the fifth, first tying the game, and then taking the lead. Hilary Duff came in with a 6-4 lead in the ninth, and put Arod down, with men on base. The Good Guys were now one win away. They had three chances to get that win, but wanted to do it, the next night, in front of their fans, who had been so faithful to them for twenty five years.

In the last game played in Paradise Island, Charlize Theron opposed AJ Burnett. Once again, the Yankees made things tough, as they scored three second inning runs, on two homers. The Good Guys, however, tied the game, on three singles in the sixth. In the eighth, with a man on, Mitch came up, and launched a homer. Hilary Duff marched in from the bullpen, to try and get the final three outs, to send the Good Guys loyal fans away, with one last wonderful memory. An out, was followed by a walk, a hit, and another out. Then, who else but Arod, was the batter. He hit a long fly ball, but not home run distance. Mitch called off Ed Burns, caught the ball, and the Good Guys, in their final season, and their final game, were champions one last time!

When Mitch caught the ball, he kneeled on the ground, tears in his eyes, as Ed Burns came over and hugged him. The outfielders ran into the infield, as We Are The Champions blared over the PA system. The fans screamed, yelled, and cried, knowing none of them would pass this way again. After an emotional acceptance of the Series trophy, on field , in front of the fans, the team made its way to the clubhouse. "This is a fitting ending. I congratulate the Yankees, but if my career has to end, I cant think of a better ending. I will miss this island, and the fans, but I was the luckiest man, to be able to have such a career, and to have been able to play here for twenty five years. I will cherish the memories forever". Mitch said.

There would be one last Parade, in downtown Paradise, and then one last gathering, at the ballpark, the night after the parade, as the Good Guys said goodbye to Paradise Island. Before that happened, a tickling party took place on the night the team won the World Series. It was an all night affair, with everyone on the team getting tickled, as no one knew when they would pass this way again. Mitch was one of the tickled, being tied hands and feet to the bed, as his female teammates surrounded him. Neve Campbell began on his neck with fingers, as his head shifted, and the laughter began:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NOOO! Working down, Charlize Theron was next, attacking Mitch on his underarms, sides, ribs, and belly, counting his ribs:HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG NO! Moving down, Hilary Duff was the next ler, tickling Mitch on his hips, inner thighs, and knees with fingers, as he bucked:HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! Finally, Hayden positioned herself at Mitch's feet, tickling them with fingers, feathers, and ice, as his toes wiggled, and he howled hysterically! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG NOOOOOOOOO!

The next day, at noon, the team was given their victory parade in downtown Paradise. They spoke, but didnt say too much. "The real send off is tomorrow night, so I just want to say thanks, and that I'm happy to share this with all of you." Mitch said.

The following night, an overflowing crowd jammed Good Guys Stadium, to say one final goodbye, to their beloved Paradise Island Good Guys. There were speeches by the players, music, food, highlights of Good Guys seasons, and just rememberance, of the wonderful times that the fans and their team had on Paradise Island. The final baseball highlight that was shown, was, of course, the last out of the Good Guys final World Series win. Then, the highlight of the evening, came when special guest Elton John took to the stage set up in Center Field, to perform a soaring rendition of his mega hit "Candle In The Wind" . It was an appropriate song, as the Good Guys, in baseball history, were like a Candle In The Wind, having been in existence for only twenty five years, but their twelve championships, would secure their place in baseball history forever. Instead of the words "Goodbye England's Rose", denoting John's homage to the late Princess Diana, this version was sang "Goodbye, Paradise Island, we will always remember you, and will love you with all our hearts, we will cherish you, long after we have all gone apart". The song continued, and then the Good Guys all got on floats, that were driven out of the park. Five floats, with five members of the team on each float, as the fans, in tears, waved goodbye to their heroes, who were driven from the park, and off into the night. Mitch and Naomi, Hilary Duff, Charlize, and others. Past Good Guys heroes like Mandy Moore, and Kate Hudson, returned to say goodbye to Paradise Island, and the fans. After the floats with the players were gone, there was one last message on the Diamondvision board in Center Field, with the Good Guys players images, saying "Thank you for your support for twenty five years, from the bottom of our hearts. You were our beacon of light. Without you, we would have been nothing. We always played our hearts out for you, we will always miss you, and we will always love you, and we hope that you, our loyal fans, will hold a place in your hearts for us, for how much we tried to thrill you".

The fans began making their way from the ballpark, and then all was silent. The cleanup crew would clean up one last time, and then the belongings would be removed from the stadium, and the stadium would be imploded.

The park would become a parking lot, and the structure would not be there. The team and its memories would be preserved in a museum on another part of the island, so that visitors could always go to see the history.

Now, all was silent. It was not known exactly what the future would hold, but one thing was for sure: Even though the Good Guys would no longer exist as a team anymore, they had cemented their place in baseball history forever, for an island, a country, their fans, and a sport.

Twenty Five years earlier, they had come together, some younger players of only 18 years old, like Mitch and Naomi, and some older, and at the end of their baseball careers. Some of the players had stayed for the full twenty five years, and some had come and gone. A man, Mitch, had joined a team, and then a woman. Naomi, had joined as well. They met, fell in love, had three kids, divorced, remarried, and now would divorce again. The man had met another woman, and had another child, the woman who he would hopefully spend the rest of his life with. He had thrilled the fans, and would one day be in the Baseball Hall of Fame at Cooperstown, New York, enshrined forever, as one of the greatest players to ever play major league baseball.

Yes, now all was silent, but the fans of the island, would always have the memories, of the World Championships, the setbacks, the cheers and the tears. Yes, nothing could take that away from them, as the memories were etched in stone forever, of their beloved team, the ladies and gentlemen, of the Good Guys Of Paradise Island.

The End

Last edited:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. The send off was fitting. After the passing of Lee Sniderman it seemed the Good Guys days were numbered. If Mitch and Naomi had to come to an end it was appropriate that it wasn't dramatic. The future is always a tantalizing promise shrouded in the emotions that cloud determinism. If Mitch will be happy with Cathy then all is well but it is unfortunate that Mitch and Naomi didn't last. If only to prove that an icon can survive tumultuous times. With no more Good Guys baseball this fan hasn't made his mind up as to where his fortunes lay. If, for no other reason than because I enjoyed them, my thanks for writing this saga through which characters developed and ultimately became human. You will be missed.

HappyD

Happy, my thanks to you as well for your support of the stories all these years. Without your support to motiviate me, these stories would have come to an end, years ago. The stories, were, I think, a way for me to express emotions through the characters, and for you to feel those emotions.

Yes, even though the Good Guys are gone, they will never be forgotten. We can always experience them by reading the old writings. Both of us will forever share the common bond that we enjoyed, with the experiences of our wonderful Good Guys tickle team from Paradise Island.

Mitch

Last edited:
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back