• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Temple of Androcon: Prologue

Cbarton

2nd Level Yellow Feather
This is a new series that I have been pondering for almost a year now, and I've decided to (finally) begin.

****DISCLAIMER****

The story line uses the fae throughout. I have created my own "fae universe' for this, and it may or may not totally or accurately reflect ancient or current fairy lore. If it irritates, offends, or ticks off anyone of the pagan beliefs or fae lovers, it is not meant to do so intentionally. Consider this to be my apology in advance.

And now, let us enter into this new adventure...

The Temple of Androcon
by
The Hawk

Prologue​

Machlu grunted as the host gathered in the Room of Meeting. The entire Unseelie court was gathered for yet another vernal equinox. The event itself was not the problem for Machlu, the reigning king of the Unseelie court. The feasts, cavorting, and the adulation by those who still held pagan beliefs and humans otherwise enamored by the fae and all that they were thought to represent was as fine as always. However, now it was time for the part he dreaded most: The Boasts of Conquest.

The Boasts of Conquest were a time for all the fae to report and boast of all that had happened since the last vernal equinox. All the humans they had swayed, all the women or men they had enjoyed. all of their uses of glamour to create illusion, etc. To Machlu, it was a horrible bore. For centuries, especially since the arrival of 'the Nazarene,' the influence of the fae over humankind was waning. Oh, there were pockets of activity, to be sure. The current 'enlightenment' the mortals were claiming; however, had reduced belief in the spiritual realm so much that even the cult of those following 'the Nazarene' was dwindling. Anymore, the Boasts of Conquest had become nothing more than a series of short rants and hours of whining and complaining over the situation.

The meeting had been in full sway for about 30 minutes when the door to the hall of meeting swung open with a loud slam against the wall. Ru-lobald was still babbling about how bad things were, so only Machlu noticed and watched as Audrulain entered the hall. The Unseelie king noticed a smile on the fae's face that he had not seen since his 'inspiration' of free love communes of the 1960's.

Audrulain sat at the table with the others. Most years, he, like Machlu, dreaded the Boasts of Conquest. Too often it was either a gripe session or a contest to see who could make up the wildest story. At times, he had even spun a tale or two for the boasts. This year, however, would be different. For now, he truly had something to boast about.

In time, all eyes turned to Audrulain for his time of boasting. He stood slowly, seeking, like those around him, as much attention and dramatic effect as he could muster. He raised his arms to the air and declared, "May my boasts bring as much pleasure to your ears, Machlu, as it has to me. The time has come, my brethren, not to boast of that which I have done, but, of that which is to come!"

At this, Machlu sat up from his slouch. That which is to come? Something new from Audrulain? Murmurs filled the table as Audrulain paused to get their bored minds stirring.

Audrulain continued. "As you all know, I am a proud Unseelie fae, who like all of us, revels and glories in the attentions of the humans, the mortals. There are a few that still seek us out, fewer truly devoted to us. Gone are the days when I could portray myself as a god of power and fertility and enjoy their adulation, lusts, and 'sacrifices'" Many nodded and winked at this, wistfully remembering the bygone era. "Yes, it seems those days are gone, and yet, although times have changed with these mortal humans, there is still hope."

At this, Machlu's face echoed the shock that all the others in the hall were feeling. In the past centuries, the mortals had begun to ignore any form of spirituality. Even the attempt in recent years at reviving interest in the fae by repacking themselves as a "New Age" movement had failed to produce the results they wanted and caused a focus on the Far East rather than them. Had Audrulain discovered something that even the elders had missed? What could this be?

"In the past," Audrulain continued, "the mortals sought the mere basics of shelter, provision, and progeny. As they have progressed, they have found ways to provide permanent shelter for themselves, some even having sites to migrate to when the seasons change or the whim to do so hits them. They now do not rely solely on their own skills to provide food, but now have economies to provide for them. Most no longer serves lords or barons, but are free to care for themselves as they see fit. Lastly, they no longer fear fertility, in most cases, and in fact can control how many children they care to birth and raise. What's a poor fertility god to do?" Audrulain's voice went into a mocking whine at this point, reflecting the sounds he had heard earlier. They all laughed with him and at themselves for a moment.

Audrulain smiled. He had them where he wanted them. "However, one thing still remains constant in mortals. The desire of 'the pleasures.' The fulfillment of the ultimate interaction between the male and the female. Why else did my sisters succeed for so long as Astarte, Asherah, Aphrodite, Artimis, and even Brigid? And now, since they no longer must slave dawn to dusk, season to season to just survive, they can focus on more fulfilling activities. Their minds are needy to be occupied, so they seek the physical pleasures that until now only the gentry and elite among them had time to pursue. I now have in motion a plan that will bring them to me, and in time us, in numbers as we have never imaged before. We soon will be worshiped as gods if we choose, or be able to cavort amongst the mortals leading them in our ways, so devoted and dependent upon us that they will not be able or desire to leave us for 'the Nazarene', modern atheistic thought, or any other group ever again! The problem, my friends, has been not what we have, but in how we offer it. The mortals are different now. They seek the same things, but in a way opposite of how they did before. This has been our error. With your blessing, Machlu, I shall begin my plan and by the next vernal equinox, I will have true boasts to bring, not just prophetic phrases!"

When he finished, the entire hall was standing and cheering, chanting his name. Machlu noticed that their reaction was genuine, not the result of glamour. Could this be? Had Audrulain found a new area of weakness in the mortals to exploit? The horde of fae streamed out of the banquet hall in jubilation. All that remained were Machlu and Audrulain.

"Is this true? Have you found a way to bring them back to us as in the days of old, Audrulain?" the Unseelie king asked. "The elders and I have sought for a century of human time to find such a way. What have you found that we have not?"

Audrulain knelt before Machlu. "I tell you, my king, I have found a way. I shall not offer them fertility, but deny it in a way that they will flock to us."

"To your feet!" Machlu ordered, and Audrulain rose. "You have my blessings, as always. All I ask is that you be true to this court."

"I shall, my king. And, when next we meet, you will be fully aware of my success. I have prepared a consecrated site to be discovered, an ambitious professor eager for notoriety, and a young maiden that will do anything for him to succeed, and a setting ripe to be harvested. All is in place for them to start a new movement, a new following."

"And, what following will that be?" asked Machlu, rubbing his bearded chin in curiosity.

"They will become the leaders of those who will follow the leadings and teachings...of Androcon!" said Audrulain, as he slowly backed out of the banquet hall.

Androcon. Androcon? Machlu mulled the name over in his mind as he exited the hall. "Sounds like he has big plans. I cannot wait to hear more of this....Androcon!"

Next, Chapter 1: The Dig at Nephim Beg

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back