• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Should I?

Filthyweasel

Verified
I've heard about NEST for about 12 years, since I first found the community. I've lived close to Philly for that entire time, very close to the Lansdale exit on the turnpike, but I'm shy as hell. Since last night when I decided to de-lurk, I've been glued to the TMF site and really do want to grow as a part of the community. I'd love to attend, but I'm still really damn shy about it. Tickling to me has always been a kinda intimate personal thing, but that's only because I've never been around like-minded people in a social situation. I actually used to hang around with a bunch of people from a fetish chatroom ten years ago, so I guess I need to get back into that frame of mind.

Would it be good for me to try to attend? Or should I get to know people here first and maybe go the next time?

Getting to know folks here before NEST does help a bit. But, we've had folks walk in having met nobody at all...including one guy last year who was there on business and came across our gang. Even for those of us who are shy, it's an amazing experience. You don't have to worry about play...though plenty takes place. Just get to know all us whacky folks. It's fun!

Yes, attend. :D There is an orientation for first time NESTers and you can begin to meet people there, some of whom are just as shy or nervous as you may be.

As my two good friends above have mentioned, it does help to just talk to people before the event. I know how you feel about it being personal. Don't let that bother you. If you attend, most of your time will be meeting people and just talking and having fun. The thing I have found is after you get there you don't have time to even think about being shy. People are friendly so just say hello. The NEST vets know how you are feeling (we were Newbies too) and do their best to include everyone.

I might also suggest you read a few of my award winning threads in the NEST section. It may give you some insight on what to expect your first time there. *How's that for a shameless plug?*

Ummmmm..... Shameless? :neenerneener:

He's right, though, weasel. It's an amazing time. We'd love to have you join us!

It just chaffs her ass when she has to admit that I'm right. :neenerneener: You should come and see it in person!*

*not her actual tookus....just the way she reacts when I'm correct at something*

You should definitely go. It's an awesome experience. It's kinda like breaking the lurker barrier and ending up in a place where you know that everyone has something in common; a fondness for tickling. Whether your into foot/UB/Belly whatever there is generally something that should interest you.

The nice people that organize it are really good with shyness, so shyness probably shouldn't be the only thing keeping you from attending.

Getting to know some people in advance is a good idea, particularly if you are very shy. I really didn't know anyone when I went the first time and I still had a blast. Its a very welcoming environment and everybody whether they are veterans or newbies are looking to make new friends. '

NEST was an eye-opening experience for me and allowed me to become much more comfortable with what tickling means to me. I also made a lot of amazing friends and gained the courage to become more active in the community and meet even more people. A few months later I started a munch scene in New York.
I don't know if the NEST experience is so strong for everyone, but I really can't recommend it highly enough. Its very well-organized, very comfortable, very chill.

Its a good idea to get to know people on here through the discussion forums, chatrooms, radio shows, etc... But you have plenty of time before NEST. There's no reason you can't know and be comfortable with a lot of people before the event next May. Definitely don't put it off another year. I did for 6 years and I won't be missing any further ones absent extenuating circumstances.

Feel free to pm me if you'd like to chat on this subject.

Weasel,

Let me tell you from expierence I had the same issues as you. Tickling to me was very sexual, very personal and I was afraid of walking around a gathering or NEST with a gigantic hard on the whole time, feeling ashamed and wondering if people would think I was a creep or something.

But that did not happen. When you are around people of the same nature you realize that it can be just for fun, that it can be seen in the same area without the urge to run away, toss one off, then come back hoping no one noticed. I was so much more into the friendships and the acceptance that I felt so at ease, that if I did feel something is was more likely the euphoria of not having to hide what I like and not having to rephrase everything I would say.

I would suggest, not only perhaps getting to know a few people, but go to a munch or to a smaller gathering first. Like Baldy said dont put it off because of fear. You never know till you try. I was apart of this community for a LONG time before I went to my first gathering, NHLee08, and that experience there helped me so much when I went to NEST because I already had made personal connections with many.

I know there is a Philly Munch that happens often and the people that host it are GREAT people. Also Ohio may not be far from you and Bella's Party is another place a lot of great people will be.

You have plenty of time between now and next May to get to know people and there are plenty of things going on. And also as Baldy said, not only is his PM box open but many others, like myself, welcome PM's from anyone.

Take care, and I hope to meet you soon.

Rob

I've heard about NEST for about 12 years, since I first found the community. I've lived close to Philly for that entire time, very close to the Lansdale exit on the turnpike, but I'm shy as hell. Since last night when I decided to de-lurk, I've been glued to the TMF site and really do want to grow as a part of the community. I'd love to attend, but I'm still really damn shy about it. Tickling to me has always been a kinda intimate personal thing, but that's only because I've never been around like-minded people in a social situation. I actually used to hang around with a bunch of people from a fetish chatroom ten years ago, so I guess I need to get back into that frame of mind.

Would it be good for me to try to attend? Or should I get to know people here first and maybe go the next time?

Hey there. I have not been to NEST or any gathering for that matter. I will be in attendance 2010. We can meet up there and go through the experience together along with any newbies.

When I first made my commitment to go, I began having second thoughts and I have not even put a dime down. The people here at this forum are some of the most incredible and friendly people I have ever run across. Slowly I am gaining confidence.

I understand it can be very overwhelming and crazy at first. Venray and Raya told me the other night that I already have friends here and they will not let me be a wall flower in a manner of speaking.

I am excited to meet every one and build some new friendships. While I am at it, I might just get in a little tickling on the side. :) I truly hope to see you there. It will most certainly be an experience like no other. We will steal the show. Beware of the Newbies. Keep posting and meeting people.

Tom

Having met you at Bella's I am demanding that you go to Nest. As long as everything lines up for it. I won't listen to you saying you're shy. You know people now and we will all want to see you again. So if only to hang out with our crazy selves again I say you have to go. Besides I love chatting with you. Maybe this time you can explore your ler side. So I'll see you there though I'm pretty sure I'll see you before Nest too.

What ^ and ^^ said although, as you know ^^ is much,much prettier!!!

the people here seem friendly enough to get to know you, so I say get to know people here who've been to NEST, and hopefully you can meet up with them at NEST..

You don't really have a choice, dude. We'll kidnap you and bring you against your will (yeah right, like you don't wanna go) if we have to.

I went last year, people are very respectful and it's like you're in another world! My situation dictates that I probably can't go again but I'm soooo happy that I got to go once. I guarantee that you will never forget it!!

YES

You're going. We'll kidnap you if we have too. :p

Well, I notice that since you joined over halfway through 2008, you've made over a thousand posts. If you come to NEST, your post count will be way down in future because you'll be too busy hanging out/playing with all the new friends you're going to meet there.

You absolutely should! The friends you've met want to see you again, and
the friends you have not yet met want to meet you now!

Lee

Just registered for NEST. Not giving myself any wiggle room to chicken out.

Wow I didn't realize this thread was still floating so high. I just registered within the last few minutes and so it's official. Viper and Sapphire can still kidnap me though.

And thanks to everyone here who posted giving me encouragement back in the days before I went to Bella's. I'm so sorry I never replied sooner about that, I sorta forgot this thread existed when I typed it. As I read it was the day after I decided to start talking to people, I think I was just excited and got into a bunch of other threads. :)

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back