• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

FFXI - Final Fantasy XI Anyone?

FeatherQuill

TMF Expert
Yeah I know there's WoW threads here but does anyone play this? I've been playing off and on since the US release and I love it. Currently on Siren if anyone wants to do anything.

So does anyone play/still play? If so what server?

Yeah I know there's WoW threads here but does anyone play this? I've been playing off and on since the US release and I love it. Currently on Siren if anyone wants to do anything.

So does anyone play/still play? If so what server?

I used to play it all the time. Not anymore... it has, in my opinion, the best atmosphere and storyline of any MMO out there. Unfortunately it was lacking in the gameplay department.

Too much grind and force grouping to do it. Originally, I played for a bit over a year, and I eventually quit 'cause I realized I was spending too much time looking for a group and sitting around than I was actually playing the game. Whether I tried to start groups, or just ask around for an invite.

Then generally when I FINALLY got an invite, as soon as I got to the spot, I may have been lucky enough for to fight one thing before someone had to leave, and someone else had to go, then we'd sit around waiting for more people, but rarely would they ever come, and even if they did, we'd end up fighting one or two things and another person would have to go.

I still think it was an awesome game, but there was just too much downtime and not enough fun in the end.

Can't wait until FFXIV, though.

BST 75 BLU 75 PUP 75 DNC 75 WHM 75

Fishing 100 Woodworking 98.2

Been active since '04, I enjoy the game as a way to relax.

Myriads

I used to play it all the time. Not anymore... it has, in my opinion, the best atmosphere and storyline of any MMO out there. Unfortunately it was lacking in the gameplay department.

Too much grind and force grouping to do it. Originally, I played for a bit over a year, and I eventually quit 'cause I realized I was spending too much time looking for a group and sitting around than I was actually playing the game. Whether I tried to start groups, or just ask around for an invite.

Then generally when I FINALLY got an invite, as soon as I got to the spot, I may have been lucky enough for to fight one thing before someone had to leave, and someone else had to go, then we'd sit around waiting for more people, but rarely would they ever come, and even if they did, we'd end up fighting one or two things and another person would have to go.

I still think it was an awesome game, but there was just too much downtime and not enough fun in the end.

Can't wait until FFXIV, though.

I've had that problem too many times. It takes way too long to get/form a party and people are too unpredictable. Then on the off chance you do get a party you get one or two fights before it breaks. Thankfully now they have the Field of Valor system which makes soloing a little easier. It's still a pain and takes a really long time though.

I love the storylines but the end fights are too ridiculous. Unless you have the best gear and get lucky you won't win.

FFXIV looks really good and I'm hoping SE doesn't screw it up. I got a feeling once it comes out they're just gonna forget about FFXI.

BST 75 BLU 75 PUP 75 DNC 75 WHM 75

Fishing 100 Woodworking 98.2

Been active since '04, I enjoy the game as a way to relax.

Myriads

Wow. You've got two of the jobs I want at 75, BLU and DNC. I have WHM 75 and WAR 75. Working on others but haven't had much time to play recently. I have hardly any crafts sadly, just takes too long and I don't have the gil to get started. Friggin love it though. What server are you on?

I'm on Phoenix and I'm a soloist. Every one of those 75 was taken 1-75 with never a party for exp. (The WHM was done in a duo with a friend)

Fishing has served me well gil-wise. And back during the hyper-inflation of '05 I'd fish fishies and 100 cook friend made sushi, and we cleared millions. Ah the good old days.

Myriads

I'm on Phoenix with Myr. I love crafting, hate parties as a rule. I solo two different characters - one is my melee and one is my mage. I haven't worked with my mage as much because RDM Maat is frickin joke. I did get MNK 75. That was an accomplishment :)

I'm on Phoenix and I'm a soloist. Every one of those 75 was taken 1-75 with never a party for exp. (The WHM was done in a duo with a friend)

Fishing has served me well gil-wise. And back during the hyper-inflation of '05 I'd fish fishies and 100 cook friend made sushi, and we cleared millions. Ah the good old days.

Myriads

That's damn good. Must have taken a while but still a hell of an accomplishment. Most of the time I try to duo with my friends but they're usually busy so I just solo stuff.

Oh geez the inflation period, that was insane. I remember when Erase cost me 100k. It was down to 5k last I checked. Raise II is now under 50k I think and Haubergeons are under 400k. Before I leveled WAR I didn't think I could because I never thought I'd get a Hauby. I finally bought mine for 650k and was so proud of it. Now they're dirt cheap and I wanna kick myself lol. How long did it take you to get fishing to 100? Do you have a Lu Shang rod?

I'm on Phoenix with Myr. I love crafting, hate parties as a rule. I solo two different characters - one is my melee and one is my mage. I haven't worked with my mage as much because RDM Maat is frickin joke. I did get MNK 75. That was an accomplishment :)

Yeah RDM Maat is retarded. WHM was fun, got to wail on him with my hammer lol. I love crafting but just don't have the time for it. Great job getting MNK to 75, that is a big accomplishment. Do you have Destroyers?

I got fishing to 100 in about three years. I've had my Lu's for close to four years now. I have 1/2 of the esubu fishing pole quest items also, and work on the second on and off as the mood strikes.

As for the jobs, soloing relaxes me, I chat with my shell, and de-stress. It's gotten very much easier to do since I took BST to 75 as my first 75. Changes in the amount of exp that EP, and DC provide, the exp rings, Campaign (a godsend for that 65-75 haul) and Field of Valor bonuses all make progress much simpler.

The arrival of DNC changed things also. There was a reason it was my 4th 75. Once you sub it to any mele you are basically un-killable in any fight with a DC or less. That fact has led to my next solo Project SAM. Now at 48, and rising.

Myriads

I figured it took a few years for Fishing 100. It takes forever to level that up.

Yeah soloing is much less stressful than partying, and in some cases a lot more fun and beneficial. DNC is amazing and I'd love to take it to 75. I have it at 37 for sub and will take it higher eventually. I'm bouncing between a few jobs right now, SMN, BLM, RNG and MNK. BLM is 64, SMN 54 RNG 18 MNK 20. Slowly but surely I'm getting there.

I took a break from the game tried to come back and found that my password was reset some how. I called square enix they gave me a new pw. I sign on and to my horror "Banned". I called them up and they said "Well, you were causing others not to enjoy the game." I told them I havent played the game for a few months and i gave them my ip address and info and now my account is under observation. ffxi is a fun game, its tough at times. There customer service is the worst ever though. The people on the phone sound like they dont even care about your problem. I had a 75 blm on remora server. If i cant get my account bck Ill more than likely start a new toon in ff14.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back