• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Written laughter yay or nay?

Closetlee

Verified
Do you or don't you like to see written laughter?

Just a question I'm curious about

Closet lee

I don't. No point in seeing "HA HA HO HO HEE HEE HEE HA HO HEE HEE" in my opinion. I prefer a description like, "He laughed uncontrollably."

I agree with you. Not big on the written laughter and I try to do it as little as possible. That's probably the most difficult part of writing a story. You need to somehow get that across without monotonous HEEEEHEEEHAAHAA. That gets annoying and silly real fast.

My 2 cents.

A small amount can be made to work, but usually I prefer not to see it.

People are allowed to write their stories anyway they want.

If people want to write a story without those then here's an easy thing you can do. Just write the story the way you normally would and then go back through the story and edit them out.

Besides that it's fine if people write the story they want to tell with written laughter. And if people don't like it I suggest they write stories without them.

What milagros said! I doubt anybody really reads written laughter, they just skip over it. This makes it extra annoying when people mix words with it and you have to go back and read it again. There's only so much you can convey in onomatopoeia, anyway. A description allows for much more subtlety.

I used to do that a loooooooooot. I don't really mind reading it in a story just so long as it doesn't take up a whole paragraph, you know? However, whenever I write TK fiction I try to write about the laughter instead of cheating. =P

I tend to mix a bit of both in it. For those who like to read the laughter, because though there is only so much that you can describe with simple, "Heheheees!" I have certain sounds I absolutely must write up in order to keep the story rolling in my head to the end.

People are allowed to write their stories anyway they want.

If people want to write a story without those then here's an easy thing you can do. Just write the story the way you normally would and then go back through the story and edit them out.

Besides that it's fine if people write the story they want to tell with written laughter. And if people don't like it I suggest they write stories without them.

Revolution speaketh wise! And the same goes for artwork and vids. We who contribute our talents do so in the manner that we ourselves tend to prefer most.

I haven't seen someone write out laughter well. it's always a paragraph of HAHAHA over and over again. Not only is it unattractive to the story and throws off the flow, but it also changes the voice of the character. If it's a girls voice you can just say she giggled while writing "hahahahaha" doesn't sound like how she'd laugh.

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far, I'm writing a story now and I'm not too big on writing out the laughter but you as the audience I wanted to at least see what the consensus was. It helped a lot.

Closet Lee

For the most part, I agree that written-out laughter is often kind of lame. When I use it in my stories, it's usually to convey specific moments when laughter mixes with begging, or a coherent sentence suddenly breaks into a peal of giggles as the tickler strikes, et cetera. I'll kind of "hear" a particular verbal/laughing response in my head, and try to capture it that way. Outside of that, though, I tend to agree with the consensus about written-out laughter.

It doesn't kill the story for me or anything, though.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the Discussion section? It certainly isn't a story. I'm just sayin' ...

I prefer stories that set up the tickling scene...and i do not like a whole bunch of hahahahaha's either....i never wrote any in mine, i don't think...hmm

I find a description of the laughter much more effective in creating the tone of the story. Giggling, gasping, chuckling, snorting, hysteria etc., are all different anyway...and "feel" different when they're written and read...

I skip along ha's and he's and all that.

It's actually just lengthening material, and I think the most important thing in a story is to not waste filler for the audience.

figured at least just for this question I'd get a lot more responses :)

It depends, if used judiciously and not every other line, it can be okay. Sometimes though, it's nice to imagine it for yourself. ;)

Halt on Hahaha?

As a reader, for me, written laughter can be the cinnamon spice sprinkled on top of a well-crafted story. If a story isn't particularly well written, well, no amount of liberally typed laughter will save it.<p>
And I would say it should be used sparingly and judiciously. The only proliific author I can think of who gets away with not only breaking, but downright flouting that rule is Libtick, who seems to shape written laughter the way a sculptor does wet clay.
<p>

Now, as a writer, I sometimes compose for the ear, certainly with dialogue. So, I think it's natural, then, to at least try and convey laughter somehow. Ideally, I do it with a modicum of verisimilitude. <p>
In other words, a line or two of "Hahahanonononottherenotthereekheeheeheehee!" never hoit anybody! ;)

I am not into it. I would much prefer to read a description of how the lee is laughing

...howling with wild abandon, head whipping from side to side...
...gulping and gasping in between the tinkling sound of her laughter...
...Squealing with torment, pleading and begging as her ribs vibrated with gales of unwilling mirth...

Stuff like that.

Each to their own though. I am ready to support anyone who throws their hat into the ring and contributes something to this cruellest of forums. :)

Actually, I've found that some written laughter can help visually structure a passage. When my eye glances over a block of text before I read it, I can usually determine where the written laughter is without actually absorbing the text itself. This gives me an inherent feel for where the tickling will occur before I get to it. Some may not feel that this is a good thing, but I think that with written erotica it's nice for a reader to know that the good parts are coming up :)

It can either help or hurt, depending mostly on how in-tune the writer is with standard conventions in general. Less often, it helps.

I tend to stay out of these things, because as a writer of stories, I write them for myself and if some happen to like it, all the better, and if some don't well that saves them time reading my next story...

But... a lot of people seem to imply that it's either written laughter or laughter descriptions when this is not an "either/or" subject. Most authors can employ both within their stories.

Its an easy answer when the loaded question is "would you rather read":

"Jenny sensually began to laugh."

or

"Jenny laughed, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!""

Me, I prefer: Jenny sensually began to laugh, "hahahahahahahaaa!!"

I definitely do! It gives the fictional character more personality, as you can see how she/he responds to tickling!

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back