• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Privacy at Gatherings?

malaxi

Hi to everyone...

I have often considered going to one of the gatherings but I have a serious concern about privacy, particularly because from time to time I have seen photos of gatherings.

Do any of the galleries have an official policy of people removing any cameras and cell phones before they enter?

If not, is this something that perhaps could be considered? One photo on the internet could prove very damaging to some people in some situations.

Folks normally ask each other if they want their photo taken and if it's a group shot and a couple of stragglers get caught in it, it's normally blurred out if it's going to be posted publicly. :)

To my knowledge, West Coast Gatherings does not allow any photographs to be taken, and everything is confidential.

Penny Lane has it correct. While other events are cool with photography, we don't allow it. Too many issues with folks uncomfortable about being known.

In other well-organized events it's considered very bad form to take photos, and The West Coast Gatherings isn't the only organization who disallows such. Ask your gatherings host concerning such when you join.

NEST has a photo policy, which allows for photographs and video,
providing that you have signed a model release. These photographs
and video are being used for a documentary, but people are
allowed to see photos of themselves. Some people don't care,
some absolutely want that privacy. Either way, your choice is
respected.

If you have not, the official photographer/historian will not take
your image away in any form. If you allow your friends to take
photographs of you, and tell them "I don't want this posted any
where, please keep it private." they generally will.
(I'm being a little vague, as I can't accurately speak for what
other people definitely do, just what I've seen in most instances.)
You're always free to say "Absolutely no photos!."

I've seen that people who take photos of others, and put them up
in public places are *very* quickly reprimanded and the photos are
taken down. When people do that, others are less likely to trust them,
so it's not really a good idea to start doing.

Lee

Too, you may ALWAYS ask a moderator to remove pictures of you that are unauthorized.

Much thanks to everyone who wrote a response.

It sounds like NEST's policies aren't strong enough for me to feel comfortable but the West Coast Gatherings' might be. I'm sure the NEST gatherings are great (they certainly sound great!) but just not if privacy is top priority like it is for me.

That's great, since I'm on the West Coast anyway!

I would like to hear more about the "No Photo" West Coast policy. For example, are people checked for cameras and cell-phone cameras upon entering?

I actually remember that there was a website for the West Coat gatherings and this information is probably there. Please forgive me if I'm asking you to repeat yourself/ves.

The website went down YEARS ago. People come here far more. Little point in rehashing it there.

Does make me think that, perhaps, I should put the data here... Hmm...

As for searches, no. If you attempted such at my gatherings without the permission of all present, you'd risk damage to the camera/cell phone/etc. People take privacy rather seriously, as you might imagine.

In private events, the host will handle it.

In club events, they'll prosecute. Too, there's a lot of people at clubs who have serious careers. They frown on this behavior, and I *don't* control what they'll do.

Oh well. I guess the West Coast Gatherings wouldn't be private either. Thanks for the info, though.

No problem.

If you seek one-on-one private, you'll either need to meet someone with whom to play, come to a gathering and meet someone, or engage the services of a professional switch or submissive. Being in SoCal, there are places like The Dominion and Passive Arts who have the latter available for a fee.

I would like to hear more about the "No Photo" West Coast policy. For example, are people checked for cameras and cell-phone cameras upon entering?
I've never been to any party anywhere that people were searched for cameras or cell phones. Even private clubs don't do that. It would be pointless anyway - cell phones are so easy to conceal that you'd have to go through every pocket and purse, and people often bring toybags to these events. The most I've ever seen anyone do is require people to go someplace private whenever a cell phone is taken out for use.

On a more general note, I think that people are going to have to begin adjusting their expectations about this kind of thing. Cameras are getting smaller every year. Already, you can get a camera hidden in a pen, or a baseball cap.

We're fast approaching a time when we'll have to assume that we're being recorded by some camera somewhere whenever we're in public, and in private - such as at a gathering - we'll simply have to trust the people we're with. Cameras are getting so small and easy to hide that it will be effectively impossible to search someone for them and be sure you've found them.

This isn't saying anything about the West Coast gatherings or any other gathering. It's just a fact about the way technology is headed.

Thing to remember is, you're not the magical normal person who's going out of his way to hang out with a bunch of people who do nothing but lie around all day tickling each other. Everyone there has lives and careers too, so there's an understanding between everyone.

I'm almost more likely to trust the privacy at a gathering, than with a one on one event, unless you *really* know the person well. There are a lot of people with small cameras, as RM said, who "Just want to capture the moments" and when you and they no longer are friends, or haven't seen each other for years, may very well feel that there's no reason not to share what they made without your consent.

At least with gatherings, people who go to them tend to want to go to them, and realise that taking unwanted photo or video of people is a very fast way to get themselves uninvited from any gathering. Organizers definitely discuss potential attendee issues among themselves to specifically avoid problems.

Lee

Too, it depends on the location of the event, and the size.

A smaller "house" gathering will have no opportunity for photos without guests commenting. A larger one could have that possible, but it's still less likely due to the fact that few want their pix distributed.

A club won't allow such, so anyone trying will be met with physical conflict. I've yet to find a club that didn't make you sign an agreement stating such, along with it's other rules. I'm sure lesser clubs exist. I just don't host in them.

Hotel gatherings have the same usual constraints as house gatherings. Size dictates "policing" possibilities.

As Lee indicates, the attendees are like you in certain regards - they have lives and homes and communities of their own, and want to be "outted" no more than you do.

YMMV. My suggestion would be that you attend NHLee's event, or one of mine, or another smaller event or club event.

We have never had photos taken at the gatherings I have hosted in any public space. The only time there has been photos is of rope work and not showing the person's face (at the request of the one bound). That is it. I have not seen any problem with NESTs policies either. Dungeon spaces in general are NO photos except at special photo parties.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back