• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

AOL HTML Document

David Tyler

TMF Expert
OK, how do I play one of these when I find them? Am I supposed to convert them to a different format?

I'm at a loss and I find clips like that all the time.

:confused:

Hi David!

I'm assuming that you went to AMT through your AOL newsgroup reader, and you downloaded a bunch of garbled text that was supposed to be a video clip. If that's not the case, forget the rest of this:

AOL has stopped decoding binaries in newsgroups (I may be wrong on that, but it's stopped in some at least). What you are seeing is the encoded format of the post, before it is decoded into the original format of a movie file. There are tools to decode these binary posts, but anyone I've ever suggested that to became very confused.

I'd reccomend easynews.com for your newsgroup services. Check them out, you will see how easy it is.

Steve :)

I think I 'm having the same problem with Outlook Express....I go to alt.multimedia.tk and click on an mpg file, and all I get is gibberrish......Is there any way to decode the binaries?

Just before I switched from AOL to cable, they had added binaries as an option to allow or disallow. The default is to disallow. I don't remember where, but somewhere in you newsgroup or internet settings/preferences is the choice to allow them. Hope this helps!

Ann

If you find the encoded parts (e.g. file.mpg (1/2), file.mpg (2/2) etc.) in the newsgroups through Outlook Express just highlight all of the files (highlight one then highlight the last one and hold down Shift while you click it, or just Ctrl+click the files) then right click and choose "decode" or something like that. It will start downloading the parts and automatically assembling them for you.

Uncle Steve :)

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back