• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions

powerplay110

TMF Expert
I am wondering if someone could explain what happens during a NEST conventions. I am interested but I don't know the details

Power,

That's a fair question. I would suggest reading through the posts below to start.

MrTicklee

In a nutshell...

People hang out, pig out, get to know one another and generally just goof around and have fun. Many folks will already have met, while others haven't had the opportunity yet. As with any group, those who already know one another will be more open and spontaneous with one another. Those who don't are always free to approach folks and introduce themselves, join in conversation and get to know others.

For those who want to play, if they haven't already made plans to do so in advance, they can get to know someone and then ask if they might be interested. If they are, you decide on time, place, etc. If not, you simply check with someone else. While play does take place, it's not a mandatory thing and folks are free to do as much or as little as they're comfortable with...provided your interaction with others doesn't deny them that same freedom.

For me personally, the play is simply something that is a fun extra. My time it NEST (or any other gathering) is primarily for the purpose of visitting with old friends and making new ones.

It's a great time!

Sounds like a lot of fun. I want to go this year and make some new friends. I see post about registering, is there an open link to do it now or will that happen later?

On average, how much would someone spend on a NEST weekend? (Hotels, airfare, registration, food, entertainment, etc.) I'm at a point where my work is starting to die down now that X-mas and New Years has past so I'm curious to know if I can keep saving/prepping for it or if I should pack it in and try again another year... All I will say is that my budget is pretty tight ATM.

On average, how much would someone spend on a NEST weekend? (Hotels, airfare, registration, food, entertainment, etc.) I'm at a point where my work is starting to die down now that X-mas and New Years has past so I'm curious to know if I can keep saving/prepping for it or if I should pack it in and try again another year... All I will say is that my budget is pretty tight ATM.

i suppose it depends on where u live. for me, itll only cost about $300, but coming from canada i have no clue

Calculate based on your flight costs, cab to and from the airport (though you may find you can score a ride from one of us), plus meals. Add the cost of the actual event. That's your base cost. Then plan on whether or not ya want drinks, etc.

Looking at Airline, via Air Canada, from Western Canada is approx. 400.. for a round trip.. and thats the cheapest options..

EDIT: Sorry that's 400 approx. one way.. return trip seems to be seperate

Last edited:
I can't be sure on this, but people in your area or close by may drive. A carpool could be set up. Drive to say Chicago and meet up with someone who's driving from there. Yes, it'd be a looong ass trip, but I can guarantee it is worth it. Plus that would save a lot of money.

I can't be sure on this, but people in your area or close by may drive. A carpool could be set up. Drive to say Chicago and meet up with someone who's driving from there. Yes, it'd be a looong ass trip, but I can guarantee it is worth it. Plus that would save a lot of money.

How much is a flight to Toronto? You could fly to Toronto (which should be cheaper since it's all in one country) and then either link up with the Canadians there or take Porter Air or Greyhound or AmTrak down the rest of the way.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I want to go this year and make some new friends. I see post about registering, is there an open link to do it now or will that happen later?

The link is not up yet. When the registration site is ready, there will be a big link at the top of the forum directing you to register for NEST. You won't miss it. It will also probably be referenced in most of the subforums. I'd expect to see the site up for registration in a month or so, but the NEST Team would know better than me.

If you have to travel, NEST is going to be costly, no two ways around that. Most of the people that travel to NEST, save up all year for it. I had a friend fly in from Sweden last year. After a 600+ dollar ticket, plus 4 nights hotel, plus food, plus registration fees, I'd expect she spent 1000-1100 dollars on that trip. If you don't have to take a flight, or can take a cheaper one, then your costs will come down. You can also save money by getting roommates ahead of time. For me personally, I took a bus to and from NEST which cost 5 bucks. With registration and sharing a hotel suite with a few other people, I probably spent about 400 dollars total. And I imagine my costs were on the low side of those that went.

Like Baldy said, it all depends on your situation. Last year I drove from Indiana and stayed four nights at the hotel with no paying roomies. All expenses put together for my entire weekend package, including the NEST Dinner and Talent Show and complimentary full breakfasts each day, was about 600-700 dollars including gasoline to drive there from Indiana. I estimate that if I had 3 roommates then the cost would have been about 350 to 400 bucks for the entire 4 day trip including gasoline.

Remember that this is based on last years prices and they may have increased for this year.

Let me add a few questions to this. Since I know next to nothing about NEST, here goes:

1. To the people that drive to NEST, do you carpool with any members? If so, what's the latest you meet the day before?

2. How many people generally attend nest? I know the numbers may increase each year, but what is the average?

3. Do you usually room with some at the hotel?

4. This is about the taking pictures. I know on the website NEST says that you can take pics, but only with the person who you are taking a pic of says it's okay. Do people share pics with the other attendants there?

1. To the people that drive to NEST, do you carpool with any members? If so, what's the latest you meet the day before?

Lots of folks drive to NEST. Team Canada has been known to pile in the
car with as many as 5 or 6 people and drive to Philly all the way from
Toronto. The times just depend on who is driving, riding, and where
they're all leaving from.

2. How many people generally attend nest? I know the numbers may increase each year, but what is the average?

Last year we had 120 attendees.

3. Do you usually room with some at the hotel?

Lots of folks find roommates. Sometimes they have known each other
for years, for months, or have never met in person at all. Start getting
to know folks now by posting, and once registration is up and the newbie
chats begin, you can start getting to know other NESTees better. If you're
a respectable person, you should have no problem finding roommates. There
is usually someone who will start a roommate thread here in the NEST forum
after registration begins.

4. This is about the taking pictures. I know on the website NEST says that you can take pics, but only with the person who you are taking a pic of says it's okay. Do people share pics with the other attendants there?

There is one person who is a dedicated NEST photographer. Folks who are ok
with getting their pictures taken will get a special wristband. Only those who
have one on will have their pictures taken. Those photos are shared after the
event, but only with the individuals who had the photos taken. As far as your
own personal photos, what you and consenting adults do in your room is your
own business. ;)

I might be able to attend on Friday.

I realize that I must fill out an application, but I would not be staying overnight.:idunno:

I believe they have something like day passes, Carl. People who live nearby but have to work or family stuff to take care of have gotten them. The NEST Team usually has info about this within the registration info.
You should be ablr to mjeet some folks Friday but the majority seem to arrive late Friday afternoon and into Saturday morning. A few of us arrive and stay Thursday night tho.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back