• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I don't know what to do

That happens to me too. :doh: I've got umpteen beginnings
with seemingly great storylines, but I never seem to be able
to put it together.

I find writing down every idea as you think of it helps. I have many short stories and each one took a while to write. After you have enough ideas and thoughts on paper, then you just fill in some blanks. Walk away from it once in a while too. It helps you refocus and not burn out.

My computer and my house is full of incomplete writing projects... and one or two nearly finished ones. Don't worry, it will come to you.

There are times I've been up a day or two because the words just flow :)

I find it sometimes helps to write your ending first. Even if you don't have anything else. Leave it alone, if need be, then at some point when you come up with a storyline, it may fit your ending and you can plug a few holes to complete your story.

Enjoy the Show!
The TickleShow
www.clips4sale.com/28100
www.tickleshow.webs.com

That's why I don't write alone anymore. It's easier to habe a co-writer, everyone gets a role and then you can interact and think about the story together.

I force myself to keep writing. Even if it's rubbish. Then leave it for a few days, go back, and make it better.

there are a lot of tricks. My advice would be to jot down in point form all of the big points you want to happen in the story. Then from there, you just fill in the blanks. Ie, write down what you want to happen at Point A and Point C, then fill it in with Point B as you go.

I would suggest either going to the library and looking for a book on writing, or look on the web as i'm sure there are plenty of websites out there that cover the basics of story writing.

Rough drafts aren't supposed to be brilliant from the get go. Actually, that's why they're called rough drafts.

You should try to get it finished before worrying about how bad it is or something. Well, not that that ever stops me from thinking that, anyway.

Believe it or not, outlining and taking notes help a lot, if you're not already doing that. Personally I try to avoid outlines, because I don't want to set a strict path for my story to flow down; I much prefer things to pop into my head as I'm writing or editing, and allowing the story to branch off in a different direction should I feel the sudden need for it. Though, that's not to say that I don't have a goal in mind when I begin.

Outline basic events, and take notes on specific details you want. Skip ahead if you need to, make notations of what you're skipping. Write what you think you can write now, get up walk away etc.

But definitely do not worry about how good the piece is until the editing stage, and sit there editing and editing until you are completely satisfied.

And then edit for another hour or more.

But like any art, I can't tell you how to do it; you need to discover a way that works for you. The methods I've developed (they certainly aren't the ones I would advise, and I didn't list them) work for me because of who I am, where I've been, who I've met, what training I've already had, and a hundred other small things that I wouldn't even consider being related to writing.

Yeah, just don't worry or stress yourself out so much, though.

Also getting someone to talk with about things is a great idea. There's a sub forum over at the TT for this sort of thing, if you're interested, but I'm one of the only people that posts their regularly.

You may hit me up in pm's if you want to get into intimate details about your story and what not. Hehe. Intimate. It's like sex.

Etc.

You have an idea: Spark.

So find out what FUELS that spark. Find something that inspires you. Whether that be art, music, other stories, whatever.

Next time you get a spark, you'll know how to make a fire.

I've ideas, I do, I do
But not the time for writing
I make a poem, a simple rhyme
I hope they find delighting
Ever since I lost my mind
The rhyming comes to me so easy
But just in case I know a site
That keeps my rhyming sleazy

There've been times when I find myself stuck. So, I put myself in the situation and imagine how I'd react in the positions of the various characters. What kinds of things would cause me to react in what ways? And, not just the tickling, either. What about the interaction with the other person? What types of situations would be fun...or interesting...or whatever to be in? What kinds of everyday life incidents could possibly revolve around or evolve into a tickling situation? All these things are little thought triggers that can jump start a story for me. Hope this helps a bit. Some good thoughts in the previous responses as well.

I have hundreds of half-finished stories in a box. I have been writing tickling stories since I was eleven. Do you know how many I have completed? Nine. I generally start writing a story every few days, and it usually ends up in my box. Some stories just aren't meant to be, is the point i'm trying to get across.

Thank guy of all your help maybe that work I am not best spelling but I try. and thanks again

Bah. Spelling errors are something that can easily be avoided via many programs, this forum included.

Etc.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back