• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's wrong with Dailymotion?

ScorpionKing

2nd Level Red Feather
Every time I go there my screen changes and it says my computer is being attacked by some virus or something. Is this sort of thing happening to anyone else?

The same thing is happening to me. In fact, it's happened several times, so I'm giving up on DailyMotion. There are too many other sources of good video!

I've had something similar happen to me there as well occassional, not to mention on DA and once on Yahoo Groups. I can't quite pinpoint the reason, though I suspect it may have to do with certain ads they feature. Ads that may very well be laced with viruses or false virus scan and elimination sites. Of course, I'm not expert on the subject. Just a theory I have.

I hope someone can explain the viruses and say how we can get past them. I am not about to fuck up my computer over some free tickle vids.

It's fine on my end.
Check your firewall settings. :)

Happens quite a bit here and a shame too, lots of great tickle and full length vids on there. When it happens I stop, log out and get out of the sight and check the virus status, which is mostly a warning of the Trojan virus. All systems show my computer is ok, but like others because of this I am staying away more now.

Perhaps because it IS a virus trojan ridden site that corrupts and corrodes everything it touches like battery acid!

Perhaps because it IS a virus trojan ridden site that corrupts and corrodes everything it touches like battery acid!

Agreed! I have plenty of anti-virus and protection on here, it seems that when my computer insists on downloading a protective software, that may indeed be the virus itself.

Agreed! I have plenty of anti-virus and protection on here, it seems that when my computer insists on downloading a protective software, that may indeed be the virus itself.

Quoted for Truth....if your computer tells you to download something, 95% of the time, it's a bad thing.

Quoted for Truth....if your computer tells you to download something, 95% of the time, it's a bad thing.

Tell me about it! My youngest was doing homework and the @$#&%*s had a virus on a school homework site. He didn't know so he started to let it download the cure. I had a hell of a time trying to locate it and clean it out! I told my wife and sons, any warning in the future let me look at it!

Happens to me all the time, and I'm getting sick of it. Is there any way to block the url of the ad so that it won't show up any more? I'm in Firefox for Ubuntu, and I tried to find a way but to no avail.

Or could someone maybe point me in the direction of some of these other sites you're talking about? ;-)

I just added the url for the popup site to my block list and that problem went away. It looks like just a very irritating, aggressive, and obviously misleading form of advertising, but easily blockable.

Well, I've actually been on DM all night and, for the first time in a while, and without having to do anything, the problem went away... Same with anyone else, or just me?

I have found it happens when I go to certain playlists more than anything. Not sure if they are linked to some stupid popup ad or what.

It seems okay now - for a good three weeks some videos weren't loading due to 'technical problems', but they all seem okay now. That's a relief, there are some crackers on there!

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back