• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Would we feel the same about "the word" no matter what "the word" was?

SteakDinnerBoom

TMF Expert
Would we feel the same about "the word" no matter what "the word" was?

Meaning, do we like the word "tickle" or just the act/sensation that it describes? For example there's a promo vid for Tickle Central where Christina Carter says "tickle, I bet you just love hearing me say that word". If you haven't seen the vid here's a link http://www.tickled2death.com/Clips/CSTpromo.rm And yes, I do love hearing her say that word as no doubt you will too. But what if instead of "tickle", the word was "krump"? Instead of saying "that tickles", people would say "that krumps". Or instead of someone saying she is ticklish, she would say that she is "krumpish". Instead of hearing models in videos saying "tickle tickle" they'd say "krump krump krump!" And so on. Is there something about the word "tickle" itself that we like? I think there is. But if for as long as the word "tickle" has been in existence it was instead "krump", would we feel the same excitement when Christina Carter said "krump"?

ticklish definitely just roles off of the tongue... the nature of the word is one of few that literally makes my ears perk up in everyday conversation.

Well I don't know, how do you feel about the word "kitzeln"? Does that give you the same feeling?

It's 100% a matter of association. If "tickling" had always been "krump," then that would be the word that does it for us. Just like tickle fetishists whose first languages aren't english react to whatever the word is in their tongue.

Guaranteed.

It's 100% a matter of association. If "tickling" had always been "krump," then that would be the word that does it for us. Just like tickle fetishists whose first languages aren't english react to whatever the word is in their tongue.

Guaranteed.

LD, I've said this to you before, but you're very smart.

It's the association with the word, not precisely the word itself. Granted, I don't like most words that ends with 'l' (puddle, cuddle, snuggle -- come on. Dumb fucking words). But that awkwardness someone feels, or excitement, comes from the thoughts that word incites. When you hear the word "tickle," it makes you think of all those things that you (secretly) enjoy.

I think this goes with any socially unacceptable or questionable interest. I imagine foot fetishists feel something similiar at the word "feet" or "toes." It's all association.

Not the first time I have seen that Christine Carter clip, but I still feel highly Krumped by it.

^LOL! :D

I love hearing the word... but among family/friends I find myself turning red and I still have a hard time saying it, even among ticklephiles like us. Weird eh?

I imagine no matter what the word in whatever language, if that's what it means then it would be special to us. However, something about the word "tickle" or "ticklish" itself I've found myself strangely mystified by since I was a kid :shrug:

LD, I've said this to you before, but you're very smart.

It's the association with the word, not precisely the word itself. Granted, I don't like most words that ends with 'l' (puddle, cuddle, snuggle -- come on. Dumb fucking words). But that awkwardness someone feels, or excitement, comes from the thoughts that word incites. When you hear the word "tickle," it makes you think of all those things that you (secretly) enjoy.

I think this goes with any socially unacceptable or questionable interest. I imagine foot fetishists feel something similiar at the word "feet" or "toes." It's all association.

Why thank you.

It's exactly as Vae puts it. When you hear the word, you're likely not to notice yourself daydreaming and imagining tickle scenes, but your mind is aware of the connection, and does it for you on a subconscious level.

I personally think there is something special about the word itself also. It's a fun sounding word, a flirty sounding word, especially when uttered by certain females :D

Guaranteed.

:iagree:

It's the meaning of the word that does that. Hearing the German word kitzeln also alerts my senses.

I disagree, slightly. Yes the association plays the larger role in our appreciation for the word, but to like the sound of a word does not necessarily indicate the meaning with which that word is associated is what triggers us.

As a crass example, the words penis and phallus have almost identical meanings. Phallus is often used in a non-literal sense, but both words carry with them associations with the same body-part and the same clinical "feel". But the sounds are very different. The word penis sounds awkward and nasally, while phallus has a sophisticated flow to it. It starts soft (man I wish I could think of a way to milk that one. Wait, maybe I just did...) and flows very naturally. This is probably why I like words from some languages, such as French more than other languages, such as German. The sound itself and the ease or difficulty in pronunciation have an affect on the way we perceive a word aurally and lingually.

I associate the meaning of tickle to many other words now such as kitzeln, cosquilas and kusuguri, but none of them catch my attention like my native tongue. I for one am very glad not to be a krump fetishist.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back