• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Discount airfare/travel discounts for NEST

KittenToes

Verified
Hi folks. If you haven't yet booked your tickets, this may be of some use to you.

In my perpetual quest for yet further discounts on airfare, I came across a 5% discount code which will work for NEST. It is 1750AE

The T&Cs are as follows: Valid on American Airlines, tickets booked on AA.com, enter code in the box which says Promotion Code in the flight search box. Can be used for travel from anywhere in the 48 states to Philadelphia Airport. Can be used to travel from 4/28 to 5/28. Booking ok (apparently) right up till the end of April. I know it works- I just used it!

Another code than seems to work- can't be certain b/c I didn't use it to actually buy tickets, though it did come up as valid on a test search, is for 5% off United Airlines. Code is 578IG

More Southwest sale! Hurry and book by 11:59 pm tonight (March 18th) pacific time.
http://travel.southwest.com/specialoffers/offerDetails.html?id=34236703&int=HOMEHEROPHLWOW100316

Sites that search all the other travel sites at once are www.kayak.com and www.sidestep.com
www.hotwire.com seems quite good for discount rates on rental cars.

Southwest Airlines sale- Boston, Providence, Manchester to Philly
http://travel.southwest.com/specialoffers/offerDetails.html?id=32563606

Often it is quite a bit cheaper to fly to NYC, especially for transatlantic flights. Greyhound buses are only $5 each way from NYC to Philly and back if booked in advance online. www.greyhound.com
If I find anything else useful I'll put it in here. Mods- maybe make this a sticky so it stays at the top?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. It was very helpful in booking my flight.

Amazing or not Kitten, i find it cheaper to fly to Philly. Specially now that i live in Germany, i can get some quiete good prices flying by Frankfurt or Munich.

I was also watching over a special price from Air France through Paris....but guess what....i went a bit supersticious and decided better to book with Lufthansa....and have also the full miles on my lufthansa card :D :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just heard from reading on other blogs that tuesday is the best time to shop for airlines tickets, i just look at southwest, i am coming from chicago area and they got one tickets for about 245.00 round trip that is includes all the airport fees, i'm mad cause i just found this out, i paid 291.00 for tickets from them on saturday, i wish i found this out sooner, for those who read this ,quickly go to southwest site and take advantage of the tuesdays low prices they have.

Are more people considering going to NY and go by bus from there?
Im looking for plane tickets and if it's cheaper to NY I will go for it.

How long is the trip from NY to Philly btw?

Gonna be great to meet you guys :)))

Are more people considering going to NY and go by bus from there? I'm looking for plane tickets and if it's cheaper to NY I will go for it.

Try www.kayak.com ,a travel site which searches all the other travel sites.

NYC-Philly is roughly $20 return by Greyhound Bus, cheaper if booked in advance, but you have to factor in the time and money you will spend collecting your baggage, dragging it into central NYC to the bus station from whichever of the three NYC airports (La Guardia, JFK, or Newark) at which your flight has landed, catching the bus, followed by the two hour ride to Philadelphia.

Then you have do it all over again in reverse to catch your return flight after NEST finishes.

NYC-Philly is roughly $20 return by Greyhound Bus, cheaper if booked in advance, but you have to factor in the time and money you will spend collecting your baggage, dragging it into central NYC to the bus station from whichever of the three NYC airports (La Guardia, JFK, or Newark) at which your flight has landed, catching the bus, followed by the two hour ride to Philadelphia.

Then you have do it all over again in reverse to catch your return flight after NEST finishes.

Getting from NYC airports (especially newark!!) to the place where you'd catch a bus to Philly is really annoying, and frankly, for a non-New Yorker, very difficult. Avoid it if you can, unless you are willing to take a cab (at least $30.)

Getting from NYC airports (especially newark!!) to the place where you'd catch a bus to Philly is really annoying, and frankly, for a non-New Yorker, very difficult. Avoid it if you can, unless you are willing to take a cab (at least $30.)

Parking a car is expensive in philly and there very ticket happy as on the show parking wars I take the train into the city whenever possibly. Just a tip from my 40 years in philly area

There are other bus alternatives...

Besides Greyhound, there is BoltBus and MegaBus. Both companies travel extensively throughout the Northeast Corridor.

NYC to Philly is $13 one way on BoltBus.

http://www.boltbus.com/

(BoltBus is a 50/50 venture between Greyhound Lines and Peter Pan Bus Lines.)

A NYC to Philly round-trip is as low as $2.50 on MegaBus.

That's no typo. I'll type it again: $2.50.

http://us.megabus.com/

(This is not an advertisement or an endorsement for either company... I see the buses for both companies all the time on Interstate 95, and I want the NEST attendees to be more aware of their choices in the Northeast Corridor.)

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back