• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How long can a good story be? (fans of f/m would be appreciated)

boozer1337

Disclaimer: The story mentioned in this post is a long way from publication because its predecessors have not yet been written, so please don't get your hopes up yet. It could be a few months before I can publish them. Sorry :(

I've got a serious dilemma, need some advice - preferably from fans of f/m tickling, domination, tease/denial, etc type stories since that's what I'm writing so obviously your opinions count the most!

Basically the problem is that I've written what I think is a pretty damn hot story - it's a new chapter in the Lisa / Stan series which I published ages ago, long story as to why it's two years later when I'm updating but anyway, the problem is that this story is, in my view, very hot, BUT... IT's clocking in at 10 pages A4, font size 12.

Now I know everyone will immediately say "if you think it's too long, just split it!" the problem however is that it's already split, I've actually written quite a bit of the series since I last posted here and these 10 pages are, believe it or not, all part of the same scene (as you can probably guess, an incredibly long and varied scene where Stan is first tickled by loads of girls, then just by one, then tickled by one while another is teasing him, you get the idea ;) ). But it's one scene, it takes place in one night and in one place, and the sort of 'flow' of the story is so continuous that I honestly can't figure out where I can break it up without making it tedious both to wait for the next part to be published, and tedious having to switch threads just when you're really starting to get aroused by it! (Hopefully).

Can anyone advise me? It's going to be longer as well, I have one or two bits that need to be filled out so my guess is that the finished product will be 11-12 A4... I'm fairly sure this is far too long for one story, people won't read past the first few pages. Especially if they're *ahem* getting off to it, in my experience people tend to quit reading for the time being as soon as they're 'relieved' themselves!

So can any regulars here give me advice? Do I split the story or leave it? And if I split it, do I make people wait for the next installments or do I just post the threads one after another, say both on the same night or maybe on two consecutive days? Any advice would be helpful.

I'm just afraid that splitting it and making it an actual real split where people have to stop reading and then aren't able to jump right into the next bit might ruin it, it has a lot of action in it and when I read it back to myself I get whatever the erotica equivalent is of watching a car chase in an action movie, that is where I feel if I were to pause the DVD now in the middle of the car chase and go away and do something else for half an hour, coming back to the car chase it won't be nearly as exciting as it would have been if I'd watched the entire thing uninterrupted...

Oh and don't expect this to be up too soon either, I have to write the "in between" chapters first and this current story I'm working on is about 3 plots down the line. I'm going away for the summer so I might actually have to wit until I get home... Just don't want to get anyone who liked the old Lisa Stan stories excited just yet, this really is just a question about technique in general and not meant as a "comeback" or anything. I actually seriously argued with myself over whether to post here for that reason but I figure that I won't be able to concentrate on writing it while this constant question of length and breaking remains nagging me...

boozer1337, I've never considered length a detriment at all; I wish more stories were at least that long. The reader's interest in the content will determine how much they read.

Last edited:
agreed

length is not a detriment and it CAN be a big asset but i've never seen an instance where it is a detriment

Agreed with what everyone says. Actually, I would be interested to read and then how bout you ask for feedback based on what you posted?

As a fan of all the types of stories you listed, I would have to agree with the rest here: post it as one long story. I actually prefer long stories. The longer the story, the more likely I am to get really into it. I really hate it when a story has a really good idea, but then the author doesn't really explore it, and the story is over too soon.

Yes the longer the better, mercilles f-m tickle with forced to sniff stinky nylonsoles.

I can´t wait to read your story.

If I'm enjoying a story, then I'm always sorry to come to the end. The longer the better, so go ahead and post it. :D

Hi Boozer,

If you already have the stories written then I would publish a story where a "scene changes" from many to one or from tool to tool...depending on story flow.

THEN LINK all the stories together one after another.
So you get to the bottom of story 2 and it links to story 3 and so on.

And yeah, they might leave once the relieve themselves BUT if their are multiple parts they will come back for more!
AND you can tell which parts are most popular by view counts.

Good luck and Post away.

when it's really long I just keep coming back to it till I've read through it all

Longer typically means more leading-up-to-climatic stuff and more hot details, and that's good!

It can be as long as it needs to be, till every thing's said and done. But as far as breaking it up, sounds like your about to evaporate for the summer before you even start on finishing the work, so what's the rush now for answers? I'd say just let the thing flow, and when it's finished, see what it looks like and make your decision on what it is when your finished.

Yeah, you can always break it up dude!

Me personally, I normally do an outline and mark each section with numbers or letters (A, B, C, D, etc) And due to the fact that I sometimes include a co-writer whether it's toe2hoes, Scinsor, Invisible Ink, I give them the plot summary and then we decide who is going to write which segment. But it seems that you're flying solo on this and there's nothing wrong with that. But yeah, my advice is to do a plot summary and break it down into chapters, or like they've already said, just write it and don't think about how long it's going to be. When you have it already written, then you can break it up if you desire. Some people don't like to read super long stories, but others do. Your call, my friend, because you are the mastermind lol! As a fan of f/m (being that I like to imagine myself as the lee in the scenario lol) I look forward to reading your story when it is complete. Best of luck, and if you ever need guidance, please feel free to pm me anytime.

I love reading long stories..if I get to a "stopping" point because the story is hot...then I am anxious to pick up where I left off either a few hours later or the next day. Don't worry about length..if the story dictates that it is long than you should make it as long as necessary.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back