• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why NEST? Some thoughts for my 10K thread.

RobAce

Verified
Why NEST? I have been asked that a lot lately. And even asked myself that a few times as well.

As in why do I feel this way? Why should I go? Why is it so important to me? Why is it important at all?

Well, I can answer of that simply by saying.....My friends.

I had a lot of friends on this forum well before I attended my first gathering (NHLee08) or NEST. I was comfortable in my role, of never meeting too many and keeping myself and feelings to only me. But hearing more and more, and reading the experiences of those that went made me jealous. Honestly, yes. Very jealous. Why were they having the fun that I wanted. Why was I not taking advantage of the opportunities placed in front of me.

I finally realized that it was no one but me keeping me from meeting these people who had become a part of my life through messages, phone calls and chats. I was very hesitant at first because I know I am annoying, have some medical issues, and tend to get more than a little hyper when people are around. I like to clown around a lot and often times try to hard to be "The life of the party", something I was reminded of several times by those that talked to me on the phone to CALM DOWN when I would attend my first gathering. I did my best at NHLee08, and found the event to be as memorable as my first kiss. I had a taste of gatherings, being with friends, being comfortable with myself and who I was. It was something I could never shy away from again.

NEST09 was another huge stepping stone, I was a newbie. Granted I had been to NHLee08, but NEST was a whole different experience. MORE PEOPLE than I had been around in a long time, and people from all over. Many of whom I had never spoken to online or offline. I approached it with anxiety and excitement. I couldn't sleep the 2 days before left. I tried planning everything out in my mind. Every person I would speak to, what I would say. What I would do. Ways to act so that I would stick out in peoples mind and make them glad they met me.

I went over and over in my head every possible scenario, even on the ride there, up to the point when I saw HDS who was picking me up from the airport. Even then I peppered him with questions about who was already there, what did I miss...etc. I took it all in upon my arrival, and was lucky enough to spend the first night with a smaller group of people, just kicking back and relaxing....getting to know some new people and reconnecting with old friends.

Friday was a whirlwind of activity. I had never met so many people happy to see me! I felt like, pardon the expression, the belle of the ball. Each person I talked to was genuine and made me feel at ease.

The rest of the weekend was equally fun as the people I met I enjoyed, and not a one made me feel uncomfortable. Handshakes and hugs were everywhere and every group I sat near or with included me in conversation and fun.

Way too many memories were made last year, and I expect the same this year. Now is everyone's experience going to be like mine...probably not. But I will say that everyone gives you chance. No matter who you are, a loud annoying Mexican like me, or a wallflower....the opportunity is there to make connections and friendships....all it takes is for you to say hello.

I know some thoughts are muddled in this post, but I wanted to say so much, but did not want to be overly chatty.

Needless to say, Why NEST? For me, the answer was simple. Why not.

This is like my extended family. So it is like that family reunion I look forward to once a year. Because these people....TO ME....are my family.

I can't wait to make all of you first timers a part of my family as well.

Rob

Awesome post, Rob! :thumbsup:

I had a lot of friends on this forum well before I attended my first gathering (NHLee08) or NEST. I was comfortable in my role, of never meeting too many and keeping myself and feelings to only me. But hearing more and more, and reading the experiences of those that went made me jealous. Honestly, yes. Very jealous. Why were they having the fun that I wanted. Why was I not taking advantage of the opportunities placed in front of me.

^ I have to admit I feel the same way, every time I see a thread started about an upcoming gathering or about NEST. I do get jealous and envious, not a mean way, but in a way that gives me a kick in a butt to start doing what I need to do in order to be able to go. The main thing that absolutely keeps me from going is financial, but one day I will set aside and save up money so I can go.

I really hope to someday go to NEST. Maybe next year, maybe the year after that. I don't know. Until then, I will attend my first gathering later this year and the thought alone scares the crap out of me, but I will go as it will be my stepping stone towards NEST. :)

I go because of the friends I have made over the years that I do not get to see often enough....and for the new friends I will meet that I will not see often enough...

(And of course to PWN CLassy coffee still in hand..)

I go, when I can go, 'cause of the friends. I've partnered up and have all the tickling I can have, but the friends remain the draw for me.

They're good people. If you're goin', please treat my friends well!

Philly is a great city... it's a beautiful time of year... and who needs any excuse to be with friendly, like minded people? Period. It's nice to be able to put names with faces and reconnect with those you haven't seen in a year. I call it my mental holiday - when I don't have to go to a convention and learn all the latest scientific advances and visit booths. I can become immersed in a culture that few people understand and appreciate - it's like a great relaxation that's sort of a little known secret. But the best thing is getting to share that kind of joy and excitement with others who love it as much as you. Priceless.

Elegantly put, my friend. This says it as well as anything I've read about NEST.

R

Last edited:
Awesome post, Rob! :thumbsup:

^ I have to admit I feel the same way, every time I see a thread started about an upcoming gathering or about NEST. I do get jealous and envious, not a mean way, but in a way that gives me a kick in a butt to start doing what I need to do in order to be able to go. The main thing that absolutely keeps me from going is financial, but one day I will set aside and save up money so I can go.

Hey mate, here's something great that I use to save up for things:

http://www.smartypig.com

It lets you contribute automatically from your paycheck, or whenever you want, or however you want to set it up. It pays 2.15% interest. And it creates a Facebook widget that lets other people contribute to your saving goal. Just tell it how much you want to save, and for what date you want it saved, and it will tell you how much you should contribute every month or every paycheck or whatever. You don't have to contribute that much, but you can set it to do it automatically. I just set it to take it right out of my paycheck, and it becomes an automatic thing like paying my health insurance or 401(k) so I don't even notice it missing. And then before you know it you've got a few hundred bucks waiting for you. Highly recommended. :)

Awesome post, Rob. That sums it pretty perfectly. I didn't know NEST 09 was your first time! I assumed you were one of the long-time NESTers. Emily says hello! :)

(And of course to PWN CLassy coffee still in hand..)

AUGH don't make me spill my coffee!!!

Some of us go to drool over Classy... ;)

R

LOL uh huh... *hugs!

On a serious note, I go to see my adopted family. Funny, I started going to find out more insight on this fetish or passion of mine. I ended up gaining a large family that I have become really close to. So, these get togethers have become more about them than the play, not that the play doesn't happen. ;)

i got to have a blast with all the great people i got to meet last year, talk life with any who will indulge me

and of course

join in on the drooling over classy :D

With a complimentary cup of coffee....:slapfight:

But wait...........there's more:

With every Classy Drool Towel, while supplies last......a free drool cup to go with the coffee cup.

Act now...............some restrictions apply.

Drew

But wait...........there's more:

With every Classy Drool Towel, while supplies last......a free drool cup to go with the coffee cup.

Act now...............some restrictions apply.

Drew

:bugeyed: ooo man i hope im not to late, last year they ran out of towels and i could only drool over classy outside :facepalm2:

I go to see my adopted family. Funny, I started going to find out more insight on this fetish or passion of mine. I ended up gaining a large family that I have become really close to. So, these get togethers have become more about them than the play, not that the play doesn't happen. ;)

Yep. Same here. While I love opportunities to play, I'd go if there was no play at all. It's all about the friends. Well, that and barking at a certain steamy someone! :p

LMAO

OMG I am sitting here laughing and can't even come up with something witty to say???? WHAT IS WITH THAT! Damn, gotta go get more coffee :peace:

BTW Ya know ya'll are really drooling over my damn coffee.... back I say... back!

OMG I am sitting here laughing and can't even come up with something witty to say???? WHAT IS WITH THAT! Damn, gotta go get more coffee :peace:

BTW Ya know ya'll are really drooling over my damn coffee.... back I say... back!

Generally, I don't prefer coffee with 52 splendas in it..... :p

"Mountains!!!!!" :D

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back