• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ETA!! Eight Things About--Darkhand!! The Member Interview Thread!

RobAce

Verified
Greetings one and all.

After a month delay (for good reasons) I bring you all the newest edition of the ETA. A great friend and co-host/organizer of Fetish Prom 2010 with the lovely Tortuga....DETAILS...FOLLOW THIS THREAD LINK:
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=177555

It was great getting to know him and all the knowledge he has pertaining to bondage and our lifestyle. A great person and even better friend...I give you this edition of ETA.....Eight Things About.....Darkhand!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. You have an extensive background in fetishes, can you explain to us what other fetishes you engage in?

"Fetishes" is perhaps the wrong word for most of what I do. BDSM has become a big part of who I am and there are a lot of activities therein that aren't quite fetishes but just a small part of a much bigger picture. I have a whole laundry list of things that I do, but some I consider favorites: flogging, caning, singletail whips, fire play, knife play, shibari (rope bondage), general impact play, and power exchange in general.

2. I know you have a excellent background in bondage, how did that start?

That started out of necessity. I don't like folks to move around when I'm doing terrible things to them haha. When I was first learning about the lifestyle, i had a mentor who taught me a lot from mentality to techniques to safety and I got my start in rope bondage through him. A lot of the rest has just been through personal research and the occasional spark of creativity.

3. What advice would you give someone just getting into the bondage aspects of play?

Safety first. While all play should be safe, sane and consensual anyway, safety is the number one in my book.

Attend workshops in your area, read as much as you can, learn from others. If you just want something quick and dirty cuffs are fine but if you want to do rope make sure you are doing it right.

4. When did you first discover a kink for tickling?

I don't really recall...probably somewhere along the time that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out and April O'Neil ran into Don Turtelli haha. Really it's always kind of been there, but I didn't necessarily know what it was until later in life.

5. You also make amazing equipment, can you share one of your most recent by describing it and telling us about how long it took you to make it?

Recently, I have been doing a lot of work on Nylon Singletail whips (i.e. bullwhips). These take hours upon hours. My most recent was about 6 feet long with a PVC handle. The reason they take so long is because essentially it is 6 feet worth of a 12 strand braid with nylon paracord. It's really a ridiculous waste of time, but keeping my hands busy like that tends to be somewhat therapeutic.

6. Being somewhat new to our community, but being a part of many others do you notice any differences in aspects of socializing, play or D/S relationships? Similarities?

This is a loaded question. Ummm...ok, here it goes, this may not be true in all cases but this is simply my opinion.

The main similiarity between the tickling community and the d/s community is that they both involve kinky stuff. Actually that might be one of the only similarities haha.

The BDSM organizations that i am part of are centered around high protocol behavior and the "leather lifestyle." We take the relationships like Master/Slave, Dominant/Submissive etc seriously and respect those relationships the same way most people would respect boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife. Those dynamics are separated by how each of the partner identifies themselves and their role in the bdsm world. There is a strict reverence for people and their chosen paths. While it may not be the path someone else has chosen, it is no one's place to criticize the life of another. I could write a book about this stuff - so let me say this:

I love the friends I have made through the TMF. Bella Bash 2009 felt amazing, it became like family. Tickling events are WAY more fun and relaxed. There are less rules to remember too! If you're into BDSM or curious about it, check out a couple munches or play parties in your area see if you like the dynamic. If you're into tickling go to every event you see posted here. You'll have a good time.

7. What to you is one of the most important aspects of bondage.

For me, aesthetics. Not only do I feel that bondage should be functional but it should also be nice to look at. I guess the complexity of a well done harness or suspension is as much of a turn on for me as the activities that ensue afterwards.

8. The last question as always: If you could have dinner with any 3 persons, living or dead...who would they be and why.

Hmm... Seth Godin, aside from kink I have a real passion for marketing, advertising and communications. Seth is like the guru of the marketing world. His is one of the few blogs that I have never unsubscribed from.

My Grandfather - He died when i was about six months old, so I never got the chance to know him. My parents have always told me that i am so much like him that it's almost scary sometimes.

Chris Brogan - I have developed a keen interest in Social Media application to business concepts and he is kind of a subject matter expert. I plan on trying to attend SXSW in 2011 so maybe I'll get the chance!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would really like to thank Darkhand for taking time out to do this ETA thread with me. I know I learned a lot and darkhand at least to me has been a breath of fresh air in the community with his abilities and perspective. It was great getting to know more of his thoughts and insight. This is one ETA I will keep in my head for awhile. I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I did.

Until next ETA.....Thank you for reading.

All Past ETA Threads HERE:
http://www.ticklingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=364

Good stuff Sean! You're a good guy, and one I'm proud to call a friend.

Glad you folks enjoyed it. If anyone has questions about where to find resources or the lifestyle in general, I am always open to providing guidance.

Interesting answers, Darkhand. Haven't talked to you before, but you seem like a nice and levelheaded fellow. :)

Thank you Rob, for the new ETA! ^^

Nice interview.......always interesting to hear another's experience in the journey of kink and self discovery.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back