• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

SC2

tkpatience

TMF Expert
It came out today at 12:01 AM. I'm a little skeptical about the quality of Blizzard games ever since I played WOW, burning crusade, and WC3.

The $60 price tag is another reason I'm not jumping to buy this highly anticipated sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever.

Any one get it yet?

The original Starcraft kicked my arse so badly that I think I'll wait around for Diablo 3 instead.

My cousin got it. I'm not a major fan of Starcraft, but he is. He loves it, and the storyline is pretty cool.

Blizzard did a really good job with this game. I'm not a fan of the first, but even I'm thinking of picking it up...

But I'll probably also wait for Diablo 3 instead.

It's Starcraft. If you enjoyed the first, you'll enjoy the second.

The single player feels a bit different in terms of gameplay. A lot more unique settings in maps, and a lot of the custom objectives make it feel more like C&C 3 at times. There's MUCH MUCH better story and character growth in between missions.

No idea what multiplayer is like now. JTV streams made it seem like rushing is even more common now.

My biggest worry is whether or not the game packs are considered "separate" online. That is, if a friend bought Terran and I bought Zerg, can we still play together online? If they add new units, then no we probably can't. If that's the case, then I'd wait until the 3rd game (Protoss) or wait for a battlechest (which will probably be in a year or two).

I've heard Wings of Liberty was going to be like the main base game and the other two were going to be expansions. Not sure if that means that you absolutely have to buy it to play the protoss/zerg campaigns.

Been reading some pretty scary sounding things on the tech support forum such as "Prepaid time has run out" messages, graphical problems, single player lags on high end systems, corrupted save files (stored on the battle.net servers), empty or missing jump drive.

I'd definitely recommend the first starcraft and BW if you enjoy playing RTS games. I think I'll hold off on SC2 for now. At least until they get the bugs out of the system.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back