• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Problems logging into the chatroom

Flatfoot

2nd Level Orange Feather
I seem to be encountering that problem that happened with the chatroom, a while back (Where the log in box doesn't appear.). Does anyone else seem to be having this problem? A few minutes ago, I had no problems logging in (Yes, I closed my browser so the java could restart.).

No Can Go

Won't let me in tonight.

I get to the rules screen, and there's nowhere to go beyond that.

Oh well, I know I won't be breaking any rules.

Tech-Specs for the mods...

October 20, 2002, 01:15 GMT

(i.e., Saturday evening)

The last Dead-End page I can reach...

http://www.ticklingforum.com/Triviastuff/chatroom.html

The old chatroom is gone. So this is no longer an issue.

Try the new one. It's the 5th forum from the top of the main foum page. You must be registered and logged in to use the chat.

Myriads

Same Issue

I have the smae problem. When I get to the page where you are supposed to log in, instead of their being a place to log in I get a red x inside an image placeholder...similar to what you would see if you were looking at a post that had a link to a non-existant image.

Folks, the old chat room is GONE.

It's history.

It does not exist anymore.

finished.

done.

You will not find a entrance on the old enter the chatroom page because there is not one. I took it away.

Go to the new chatroom in the chat forum. There are links on the old chat page that point you there. Or just enter through the chat forum directly.

Myriads

I know the old one is gone. I was referring to the entrance to the new one..the one we are supposed to use...I can't see the entrance to it.

If you cannot see the entrance to the new chat room (A forum named 'enter the TMF chatroom') which is located in the chat forum (The 5th forum down from the top of the main forum page) then you are not logged in when you are looking inside the chat forum. If you are an AOL user this cool be a cookie problem, but since you are posting, that is probably not the case.

Let's try this: What do you see on the page where you think the forum entrance should be?

Myriads

Okay here are the steps I take. I know cookies are enabled because whenever I come to the TMF I'm already logged in and it welcomes me by name. I go to the 5th forum down under the "INTERACTION" heading which is labled "Chat Room". Then I click on the only forum listed which says "Enter the TMF Chat Room". The last page I see has the rules at the top, then a big image place holder outline with a red x in the upper left hand corner and then some other text at the bottom which allows me to see threads from various dates. I think I'm at the right place and I am using an actual internet service provider not a gateway like AOL.

Ah. Your problem is in your system. It's not running the java you need to enter the room. Odds are your systems Java is corrupted. A quick test, can you enter a yahoo club chat room? If you cannot, then you need to download a new java for your computer.

Myriads

Got it!

Myriads and others,

Thank you for your patience in answering this thread. I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Virtual Machine which as I understand it will allow java applets to run and now it works like a charm. Thanks!

-DFT

Glad that it has worked out. So many ways things can go wrong with all the different systems.

Myriads

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back