• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New Chat Room Wish List

MikeS

Hi Myriads, Marauder,

The new chat room is really cool! I love the Float facility and the whisper capability. And probably best of all the "troll-free-ness" of the room. I'd certainly never want to go back to the old room.

However there are a couple of items I want to put on my "wish list" to make the good room even better!

1. I desperately want a "chat save" capability or a copy-and-paste capability. That will give me a searchable electronic "black book" of who I've chatted with and what we've said. Have I ever talked to this person before? If so, when? What did we say? What does she like or dislike? It lets my chatting friends know that I remember them (even if my brain overflows) and saves time and embarrassment in remembering who's who and what we've said or done before. Actually I really like the "chat save" option best. Yahoo Messenger has this capability - it's called archiving - and I use it all the time. But I've use a cut-and-paste version of my "black book" from our old chat room and that works pretty well too. I'll take either capability. <smile>

2. I want permanent profiles so we don't have to re-enter our stuff every time we come into the chat room. I think this may really be a bug rather than an "improvement." Myriads, didn't we talk about this before? And you said this capability would be there in the new chat room? Anyway, that would really be a cool feature so we could know immediately something about people in the room.

MUCH further down the list I would add some more items... I could live without these, but they would be nice.

3. I don't want the "word censor" in PC. In the main chat room I really think it's kinda neat, but in PC, I don't want someone else dictating my language. Some words - such as "fuck" - are appropriate in some sexual situations. Other words such as "nigger" or "****" are almost always totally inappropriate. I'm willing to compromise on this - or even give up on it entirely. I realize this is YOUR forum and you have the last word. But I would ask that you at least consider removing the censorship from PC.

4. I like a "coming" and "going" message in the main chat room. That lets you watch for new people and you can welcome them as soon as they arrive. The "coming" message is more important than the "going" message, but both would be nice.

5. I'd like a slightly larger font in the main chat room. Right now it's like an 8 point font (I'm guessing), and 9 would be a little better. My eyesight isn't very good, and I like slightly larger fonts.

My initial concerns about IP addresses and privacy have been resolved to my satisfaction. Thanks for your explanation.

I may add to this list in the coming days, but for now, if you'd give me that "chat save" or copy-and-paste capability, I'd REALLY be grateful.

Thanks for all your good work, guys! I know from personal experience how hard you've worked on this. Been there, done that...

Mike S.

MikeS said:
1. I desperately want a "chat save" capability or a copy-and-paste capability.
2. I want permanent profiles so we don't have to re-enter our stuff every time we come into the chat room.
3. I don't want the "word censor" in PC.
4. I like a "coming" and "going" message in the main chat room.
5. I'd like a slightly larger font in the main chat room.

1. The "safe transcript" function will be implemented, but it'll take some time. Cutting and pasting directly from/to the chat might also be possible. As soon as more pressing issues (bug-fixes) have been finished, I'll try to get those functions up.

2. Permanent profiles should be rather easy to set up and will be there soon, if no unforeseen trouble arises. They'll be drawn directly from the TMF's profile information. I'm not certain how to style them yet, but they're coming your way soon.

3. Censoring in PC can't be turned off while staying on in the main room without some serious scripting. Ultimately, it would slow the room down a whole lot. So, we'll leave the PC's censores. However, the list of censored words will be modified to only include racial and sexual slurs.

4. I'm nearing completion in the coding of a serverside chat-bot that will give enter/exit messages.

5. The font size has been enlarged somewhat. We'll probably bump it up even more. It's at 14point right now.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your quick reply Marauder. I'll wait for things to happen. Keep up the good work!

Mike S

off the top of my head, it looks like the main chat display is using an AWT Canvas/ScrollPane with labels in order to represent the user chat text - so there'll be no capacity to cut and paste until someone's willing to re-write the display code to use a text area. Vaguely not trivial, but do-able. :D

Exactly that is the problem, Phineas. And since the applet consists of a whole lot of classes, and the developers kindly neglected the inclusion of an API, I'm still looking for the display-class. Once I find it, we'll all be happier...

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back