• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dungeons & Dragons Spell

MadKalnod

TMF Expert
There's a D&D sourcebook called Spells and Spellcraft - Compendium of Mystic Lore put out by Fantasy Flight Games as part of its Legends & Lairs series of D20 sourcebooks. I just purchased it Friday and found this little item in it:

Tasha's Tickle Finger
(Skip boring game rules)

This spell creates a small finger of magical force that speeds toward the target of the spell. If the target fails his save, he suffers a -2 penalty to all attack rolls and saving throws for the duration of the spell as he attempts to ward off the phantom tickler.

I pointed this out to a friend and he thought it would be hysterically funny to play a wizard with Attention Deficit Disorder, who would cast the "Unravel" spell on attractive women (causing all their clothes to come apart) when bored, and follow it up with this spell, so they would bounce around once they were naked.

Don't forget to summon Tensers Floating Disk to lift her up for a better view, and then slapping a Prismatic Sphere around her so she can't excape...

Me=Geek.

good ol tasha

Another D&D favorite is "Tashas Uncontrollable Laughter" a 2nd level spell in which the material component is a feather you must wave in the air as if tickling your target.

Cookie, I don't think that prismatic sphere is too extreme - As I recall, it doesn't discharge to the inside, only the outside, while mimicking Force Field from the inside. Thus, she'd be snug as a bug in a rug, while everyone who tries to AID her would be toast (unless they happen to have all those annoying spells memorized or scroll-stockpiled to undo the Sphere)...

Me=MegaGeek&Ruleslawyer

Re: good ol tasha

MegaDanX15 said:
Another D&D favorite is "Tashas Uncontrollable Laughter"

I believe it was "Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter." I remember once, in a campaign donkeys' years ago, casting that on a thief in the midst of delicate negotiations with a powerful boss. Ah, memories...

Who do you suppose "Tasha" is, BTW?

Whoops, my bad... Well, there'll always be more ticklees... MUAAHAHAHAHA... (friggin' chaotic evil pirate squirrels)

Now I want to meet this "Tasha" person :)

Relax, nobody's cast anything yet. And even if we did, our cleric has plenty of Duct Tape of Healing handy.

As for the force field, I was just going to use Otiluke's Resilient Sphere and call it a day. There's no need to waste anything higher level as Tasha's Tickle Finger only lasts 1d3 rounds anyway.

Ha! I out-geek you all! I am Dork Lord of the Sith!

1d3 rounds? Is it possible to Quicken it?

I bow to the Dork Lord of the Sith.

>>>>>(read: Still have a copy of first edition AD&D and the ORIGINAL boxed D&D set with the crayon for the dice!)<<<<<

Wow! Amazing. It's either worth A LOT of money, or nothing. Don't even know what I did with mine ( this was back in the seventh grade, years ago.... and all the kids felt ripped off, because you were supposed to get free dice with the game, but all you got were chits and a coupon to mail off for dice....anyway....)

Did any of you ever play the Inferno module for AD&D? There was one section where you had to go through this dungeon in Hell, and people were undergoing all sorts of terrible things. One room had people tied down, harpies dropping filth into their faces while they were tickled endlessly on their feet with giant feather fans....

just to be mean you could cast permancy on that tickle spell so it will continue until a high level wizard decides to dispel it...

kdakmmt said:
just to be mean you could cast permancy on that tickle spell so it will continue until a high level wizard decides to dispel it...

Now who would do such a terrible thing as THAT!?

(Oh, maybe a few chaotic evil characters out there....he hee!)

I actually designed a dungeon - never played it - called something like "The Dungeon of Pop Culture" or some such thing. The concept was that the gods got together and, through combat, wanted to explore the worlds they created as entertainment for themselves. The adventuring party would enter the cave and have the adventure spelled out to them by a magic mouth.... the lips from The Rocky Horror Picture Show! Inside would be all sorts of Western pop culture characters or situations film, plays, books, t.v. & music. No one would be named, and the players would get experience from figuring out who these characters or situations were & dealing with them as D&D chracters (ie, Darth Vader would be Lawful Evil, while Harpo Marx might be Chaotic Good) .... You'd stumble into the lair of Ben Franklin & Doc Brown(from Back to the Future) &, as wizards, they'd would ask you to test their inventions & spells. You'd meet up the droogs from Clockwork Orange, get misleading hints from Huckleberry Finn or The Riddler, battle Lilliputians or The Invisble Man, maybe an Alien, Cuthullu or random great white whale... that kind of thing, all leading to a huge battle of Pop Good Forces and Pop Evil Forces.

Well, at one point, the players would have stumbled into a dungeon of captives, and the players would have to dealw with that situation. I purposely put in the famous cartoon scene - Olive Oyl tied up and having her tickled by licking animals as one of the helpless captives....

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back