• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Playstation Network Down

happy_touch

TMF Regular
For those of you who haven't heard, the Playstation Network has been taken offline by Sony for over a week now after hackers broke in and stole personal data and possibly credit card numbers of North American subscribers. Sony claims that there is no proof that CC information was stolen but several reports have started to pop up of fraudulent charges being made on account of PSN subscribers.

Now I'm not the most avid PS3/PSP player but I'm bummed about not being able to sign in and hope on some multiplayer, especially since the semester is over for us college folks. Even worse is this possible theft of financial data. So take heed by TMF brethren, and feel free to post any news or tales of woe here about the situation.

Yeah it's starting to annoy me. Two days off in a row and I had to spend the majority of it doing non-PS3 related things because of this!! :p Can't wait for it to be back up.

It's still off huh? I have an account but I don't have a PS3 here so I couldn't check to see if it's still off...

I'm just thankful I don't have a CC on my account.

I'm not PSN user but its a shambles of a situation. Sony really have came out badly in all of this and it'll be interesting to see how they compensate users.

I'm not PSN user but its a shambles of a situation. Sony really have came out badly in all of this and it'll be interesting to see how they compensate users.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...n-restoration-user-reparation/article2005760/

Apparently they're giving away "free entertainment content" that is currently unknown. Also a free month trial of PSN Plus, or a free month of it to those already subscribed to it - as it says here, it's about a $5 value. lol

They apparently had a deadline to get it back up by today, but didn't quite do it. I'm hoping for tomorrow, as May 4th was thrown around quite a bit too.

I wish I were playing a game I could also get for the PC so I could buy that and switch up... but nope. I wanna play Uncharted 2 multiplayer soooooo bad. lol

There were rumors that it was gonna be up this morning, but they were untrue. :(

This whole thing has done irreperal damage to Sony's reputation. Microsoft must be having a field day with this one.

it will be down indefinitely simply because the hackers wont quit till sony stops tryin to sue a guy for modding his ps3 to play is own home made program XD silly sony... guy didnt even go into the sony network to accept the terms of use and service which means he didnt even break ne agreement... its sad but hey u mess with the wrong person when they rnt in the wrong someone is gonna retaliate

The rumor now is that a 3rd attack is planned, and that PS3 will be down until May 31st at the earliest, but there has been no official word on that.

Last edited:
it will be down indefinitely simply because the hackers wont quit till sony stops tryin to sue a guy for modding his ps3 to play is own home made program XD silly sony... guy didnt even go into the sony network to accept the terms of use and service which means he didnt even break ne agreement... its sad but hey u mess with the wrong person when they rnt in the wrong someone is gonna retaliate

If that's the case, then we're really stuck in a Catch-22 here. The group won't let up untill Sony ceases their legal actions. But Sony isn't going to do that because, well, that's how Sony is!

Meanwhile they will continue to lose more of their marketshare to Microsoft... and once that happens...they won't be able to bounce back.

Meanwhile they will continue to lose more of their marketshare to Microsoft... and once that happens...they won't be able to bounce back.

All because the head honcho is too greedy to actually give up anything, so they just keep pressing forward without giving a damn about what happens untill it's too late... then again, they'd probably say, "Don't blame us, blame the hackers!"

I heard a story that this wasn't about the lawsuit, but the price of PS3 repairs being doubled, and they wanted them back to the normal price. Either way, the head honcho isn't going to budge, and they're the one killing their company.

All because the head honcho is too greedy to actually give up anything, so they just keep pressing forward without giving a damn about what happens untill it's too late... then again, they'd probably say, "Don't blame us, blame the hackers!"

I heard a story that this wasn't about the lawsuit, but the price of PS3 repairs being doubled, and they wanted them back to the normal price. Either way, the head honcho isn't going to budge, and they're the one killing their company.

Well, maybe they'd go down to normal prince if the quality sucked like the Xbox.. however PS3's are built pretty strong.. atleast I've found them to be...

At any rate, I don't really care what the issue is, the point is the hackers need to stop being bitches and causing problems for everyone.

Amen brother. This lack of PSN is annoying. I need to work on Crysis and Mortal Kombat dammit! God help them if its not back up by the time I get around to buying Portal 2 and doing the Co-Op.

Just goes to show that you should never egg hackers on by saying your security is top notch... Still sucks though.

Its a blu ray player
its a entertainment center
browser(not really)
play games online(not anymore)

Its a blu ray player
its a entertainment center
browser(not really)
play games online(not anymore)

The internet browser still works fine. I've been using it to watching youtube videos of stuff with friends when they're over.

Oddly enogh the lack of PSN has made me more social. lol

At least you can still use "Netflix" without signing into the PS network. Without Netflix, I would be lost!

At least you can still use "Netflix" without signing into the PS network. Without Netflix, I would be lost!

Yeah, when this all started I was worried about Netflix, but thankfully you don't need PSN to connect to it. What's your PSN ID by the way Boston?

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back