• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Earliest Mainstream Memory -Sesame Street (not really tickling, but...)

TerrytheTickler

I remember seeing this bit on "Sesame Street" at a VERY young age and have caught it many times since over the years. Something about it excites the hell outta me. It's one of the little cartoon letter commercials in between the action on the street. A man walks up to a big capital letter 'G' and tries to tell about it's uses.

MAN: "This is a letter 'G'. 'G' is a very useful letter. It's the first letter in the word gig-g-g-ghgh...(clears his throat and straightens his tie)...as I was saying...'G' is the first letter in the word gig-gigg-ghighgh...(turns around and shakes vigorously, clearing his throat again)...er--now, then...the letter 'G' is the first letter--(starts to crack up)--in the word...in the word-d-d...(draws his hands to his mouth and takes in a deep breath of air)--GIGGLE!!!" (Falls onto his back in a fountain of loud giggling, kicking his legs into the air. He rolls onto his hands and knees and crawls away, clutching his side and giggling uncontrollably.)

Now the only thing here I don't like (no offence meant to any homo or bisexuals who read this) is that it's a guy involved. I'd like to see it with a barefoot college-aged girl in daisy dukes and a tank top but I'll digress off that for now!! But it did spark an early interest in phantom or invisible tickling--an enthusiasm of mine to this day that sadly, for now, exists only in the imagination. But I did catch this bit once right after a scene where Oscar the Grouch and Maria spray themselves with an invisibility spray and tickle Luis, so it's almost suggested as a phantom tickler right there.

Anyone know of any other phantom tickling mainstream scenes...LEMME KNOW!! And catch my halloween tickle-talk in the stories forum!! PEACE!!

Terry, I'm not sure if you know this, but there was a scene from that kid's show The Electric Company in which a black girl was phantom-tickled by the word "tickle"--she squirmed quite a bit and her giggles became all-out laughter! :D Thank you for telling us about your memory, it reminded me of the scene I just finished describing. :)

Just as a point of info, the girl was actually Hawaiian, a very pretty teenager. I remember her -- and the scene -- fondly. Come to think of it, I remember the scene in almost photo-perfect detail...

Good evenin' gents and ladies. This post has jarred a couple of childhood Sesame Street tickle memories of my own.

I seem to vaguely recall where Big Bird was having a dream....that the entire cast cornered and gang-tickled Big Bird's imaginary friend Snuffleupagus.

Anybody remember something like this?

Nope. Don't remember that one.

I do remember other Sesame Street tickling moments, including the then-teenaged Maria being briefly gang-tickled by a bunch of kids. Also, tickling was listed among "great things you can do with the letter T", with a short visual, and things you can do with toes, with a slightly weird but longer visual.

And of course, there was the Sesame Street Story Book, with its story for the letter T, "The Terrible Tickler." I could recite the entire poem from memory. It fascinated me when I was a kid.

Attn. UN Owen!!

Two things, kind sir:

1) I have a story I wrote regarding the bit with the letter 'G' involving a young pretty girl (with PICTURES!!) that I'd like to send to you to be put on the Tickle Monster club (which is a freakin' GREAT club, BTW!!!).

2) If you can recite the "Terrible Tickler" poem, which I also remember but not verbatim, I would really love to have a copy. Could you please e-mail me or reply to this post with the poem??

And to anyone else who is an invisible tickling enthusiast:

I'm wanting to start my own club on this subject. . . anyone who might be interested please reply.;)

Terry,

1) I would love to see your story and its illustrations. Thank you for your kind words about my group -- feedback is always appreciated. Your story is welcome in the "contributors" section.

2) Okay, here goes. Ahem, ahem...

The Letter T: "The Terrible Tickler"

The whole town of Tombstone remembers the day,
that the Terrible Tickler came riding their way.
He came down the street with a look keen and steady,
and said, "Folks, my tickling finger is ready!
Now tickling's terrific, and tickling is fun,
and you'll all be tickled before I am done,
for tickling's my pleasure, my greatest of joys.
I think I'll start off with the young girls and boys!"

He first tickled Teddy, then Mike, Fran and Sue,
then Manuel and Mary, and Algernon too.
Not one could escape, though they'd run and they'd wriggle,
each one would get tickled, and fall down and giggle.
And soon, not a boy or a girl could be found,
except those who lay laughing down on the ground.

"I've got all the kids, now it's time for the others,"
the Tickler announced. "Next come fathers and mothers!"
So the Terrible Tickler went on with his work.
He got Nina the Plumber and Charlie the Clerk.
He got Sam the Barber and even the Mayor,
who fell laughing and giggling right out of his chair.

Now as sure as five pennies as up to one nickel,
there wasn't one grownup that he didn't tickle.
"I've tickled the people, but still I'm not through!"
said the Terrible Tickler. "Now guess what I'll do!"

Well, he tickled the horses and tickled the cows,
and he tickled the cats till they giggled meows,
and he tickled the pigs, and the mules, and the dogs,
and he tickled the chickens, and even the frogs!

Then he look all around and said, "I'm in a pickle.
I'm done and there's nobody left here to tickle.
I've tickled them all now," he said with a frown.
"I guess I'll just have to go find a new town."
So he tickled a doll sitting high on a shelf,
then he rode out of town as he tickled -- himself!

And everyone said with a giggle and sigh,
"That Terrible Tickler's a mean rotten guy."
And they heard him call back as he giggled with glee,
"Remember that 'Tickle' begins with a 'T'!"

Except for a word or two that might be wrong here or there, that's it. I hope it brings back pleasant memories.

UNO

Last edited:
I also remember the Giggle segment. I also recall when Kermit was talking about feet and had a pair of male bare feet demonstrating the various uses (walking, hopping, dancing,etc). The foot then demonstrated some of the less nicer uses (kicking, stepping on things... namely Kermit!). Kermit then demonstrated how ticklish feet could be. The feet ran off the set roaring with laughter.
Yes, too bad both segments couldn't have had women. But one takes what one can get.

Memories

Yes, I have to say I remember that "G" is for giggle scene quite well. When I was a kid I would be transfixed to hear that exact moment when the little cartoon man would out start laughing. As soon as the man started laughing hysterically, I found myself even more mezmerized. It sounded like (even though it was a cartoon), like ticklish laughter and for a young person and even now in my late 30s, that sound is amazing!

I also remember the Terrible Tickler and just the thought of the voice reading those ticklish words makes me giggle and shiver all over.

Cerebral :smilestar

TerrytheTickler said:
I'd like to see it with a barefoot college-aged girl in daisy dukes and a tank top

Yeah, they were big on Sesame Street in the late 70's. But things have definitely changed. Now the show's filled with topless women. And Elmo. It's sad.

Just joking,
Ticklesfeetintx

Haven't thought about Sesame Street in years. If it pleases one of you I remember this one episode where Sully or Tully or whatever (that medium sized red monster dude) kept getting tickled by various people throughout the episode. The two instances that come to mind are one time he asked this other monster what book he was reading and it turns out he's reading a book about tickling and immediately springs on Sully. And at the end of the episode after being tickled mutiple times he's actually wearing a suit of armor to guard against any more attacks. He just gets through explaining that point to this teenage guy who's name I don't remember when Slimy the worm pops up from a crack in the armour, to Sully's surprise, and proceeds to tickle him to the end of the show. Just a memory that stuck with me.

Kermit and Grover...

...did a skit about long and short that involved tickling:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W053Wq-o0Wg

Surprised that I was able to find it....there were others that I'm trying to recall....but can't remember enough to find....

Grover Foot Tickled (male puppet/Grover feet)

For those interested I found a scene from my childhood where the puppet Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover demonstrate over and under. Grover lays on the mattress to demonstrate over and falls asleep. Herbert briefly tickles Grover's foot to wake him up. Comical reaction from Grover.

Was there a scene where another muppet tickles Kermit's feet when he is buried under stuff or has my memories of Sesame Street blended together?

Nothing to do with the Muppets, but mine was David Copperfield tickling Catherine Bach's feet - okay, it was fake tickling, but it still ignited my interest!

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Cool. It was a special treat to see an assistant tickled in a sawing in half box or any illusion prop.

Cool. It was a special treat to see an assistant tickled in a sawing in half box or any illusion prop.

Agreed - I'd often watch magic shows just in case that happened!

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back