• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gatherings???

ForgottenTcklr

4th Level Red Feather
Can someone please tell me what's up???

I mean, are there actually west-coast gatherings?

If so, where can I find the details???

I mean, everyone talks about how wonderful they are, I just don't see any of them happening in this area, I mean, I know some people on the west coast would attend!

Sorry to be the bearer of these tidings, brother, but if you read the older posts (esp. since July) you'll note that the last event was MY last event as host of the West Coast Gatherings. I moved, and until someone there takes the mantle of organizer, as I'm now too far away to coordinate such, without assistance, there aren't going to be any.

There ARE three new hosts, for the LA region, the Sacramento region, and the San Jose region (the home of the original West Coast Gatherings).

We did have one up in Oregon that was fairly sparsely attended. Hard to get Oregonians to show. Hard to get others to show there, too. There ARE some cool folks in Oregon, too, includin' a lady who's one o' my favorite friends of the West Coast Gatherings crew.

I do hope that the dearth of events remedies soon. It's been since the last event I did, back in August, hosted at a participant's place, that there's been anyone doin' anything there. This is the one of the longer lulls in 5 years, and the longest lull in the last 3 years. I miss the events and their regularity, the friends I made, and the community that's grown from them. I keep hoping someone else will volunteer their home, or find a hall to rent to perpetuate these fine proceedings. It's that, or you folks are gonna have to be set to fly to Texas or across the Mississippi (to Illinois, Columbus, Philly, Memphis, New Orleans, or sites in the state of New York). Sad, really, considering that, apart from TickleChgo, none have yet related tales of gatherings for ticklephiles, by any name, that preceeded those of the West Coast Gatherings.

We were never the biggest, but we are still the most events held in this interest. NEST is still the biggest, and a fine event to attend, in my humble opinion. Do attend outside of California, and do hope that someone IN California will volunteer to let a group of us into their homes for a safe gathering, with or without the tickling play in their homes. Few have the money, these days, to pay for the hotel events that I and others have funded in the past

Oh, and for info about West Coast Gatherings, outside of what's posted here in the TMF, you can visit the website at http://members.aol.com/gatheringswc/ for information and updates as they occur. Signing up for the mailings is also a sure-fire way to know when they happen. Do this by mailing to [email protected]. Hope you get to see one soon!

dvnc

I miss the gatherings, too, but having been a part of them for a couple of years, I know how much is involved in putting one together, making sure it is fun & safe for all, and not losing one's own shirt in the process. Kinda like herding cats, one might say! ;)

That being said, I have NO place to host one, but if anyone in this area does have, I am willing to HELP put such a thing together. I know there are friends I can count on to help as well, in whatever way they can.

OK, I ran it up the flag pole! Who's gonna salute??

Kimmie

Well now, I can't hardly let that gauntlet drop without pickin' her up, now can I?

As it happens, I poked Daverino not too long ago about just this very topic, and I'm feeling the lack of events pretty strongly too. We got spoiled rotten out here on the West Coast for a long time, averaging an event a month, most times. We haven't had one since before Tickle-De-Mayo :rolleyes: and it's high time we rectified that. However, this is all problematic without a definite LOCATION to Host the event in, unless it's just a Munch. We have a number of gracious folks out here that open their homes for events, but it's hardly fair to expect them to be the only ones to step up to the plate every time. We need folks who are either A) comfortable and able to Host an event in their home, or B) the ability and willingness to FIND a suitable place to hold said event, such as a hotel suite or actual play-space like a dungeon. Course, the obstacle with those is the cost, even when you defray it amongst the bold attendees. Everybody chipping into the hat, so to speak, makes it much more likely that someone'd be willing to take the initiative to make such an event happen, but unfortunately, often when money enters the equation, a large number of folks suddenly balk at coming. Go figure. So there it is. And as long as I'm up on the soapbox blowing, I might as well toss it out there that I'm making the preliminary motions to see who'd be up for an event around here, as our traditional digs for the New Year's Gathering (always a fabulous event) have been compromised for the time being. Once the ball gets rolling in that direction, it will of course be posted in here, and all those who'd like to partake will have the opportunity to check it out. Am I rambling? Here, let me just shut up now. Hee! :cool:

ca

Bring on the West Coast Gatherings!!! Anyone else out here in LA? I hope so!

ticklegrrrl

Ticklegirrrl

There IS play time down here in LA area - at least in San Diego and Inland Empire. Not part of the gatherings. But still just as safe and fun. And best of all - there IS a place to play. If you e-mail me - I could put you in contact.

cool

Wow cool thanks!!! I wish there was something closer to me but hey, there's gotta be some people around here! LA is a big city, someone's gotta wanta do this. I'll be sure to write and check it out! Let's play folks,

Ticklegrrrl

Funny, I hosted the last one in LA, at the top of the year. HBOTK, are you forgetting that event? Or are you a different hbotk from the West Coast Gatherings?

Ticklegrrrl, there's even a host in LA for event coordination What there isn't, to date, is a location folks are willing to use for events, save for hotels. More than half the list from that area won't do a dungeon scene, at present. Anyone offering a home is in good stead, here.

Do keep in mind, too, that any LA gathering WILL bring folks in from out of town. LA is a tourist stop, after all.

Until then, there are MANY denizens of that town that are into this. Here's hopin' someone offers a space in which to HOST an event in LA. We've a list, and a person to run the scene that's trustable and experienced with our gatherings. Just gotta find someone OTHER than me to offer a hosting space.

dvnc

Hi DVNC - How's Canada?

Of course I did NOT forget the LA event when we had it.

I responded to the young lady that if she's willing to drive out of LA - there are play events going on - on a fairly regular basis. Unfortunately - we seem to have a problem with locations IN L.A. and no one wants to drive

Because I'm willing to drive, there are numerous "casual" events taking place in the area. While I'm not willing to advertise them in this forum - it's easy to say they are taking place and if she wants the information to e-mail me.

But have no fear - I did not forget the event we had in LA. The only problem - there's nto enough of them. But I suspect that's a common sentiment.

Ah, good. It IS you. Good to see you here! You do inspire a long post, though. I wish it known, in advance, that I respect your stepping up to such domme-based play, and your support of dungeons.

Heck, I *wish* yours was a common sentiment. More would have attended the monthly events I had in the Silicon Valley. I can't get the dozens of LA denizens on my list to show to the few events I did have in LA. Remember that munch? The last gathering there was fun, but it was on MY dime in a hotel. Fortunately, I had such dime at the time, to prove it possible.

Many are timid about showing to dungeons, playing with dommes, etc. Few are brave enough to voluteer their own homes for events, even when there's hosts down there that are credible and known. I could have an event within the month if someone ever offered the space. I don't note ANYONE there offering the space. I don't recall anyone offering to help fund the last one. Seen hotel prices in LA? Given current financial perspectives, it's tough to just fund such events, as evident by the fact that I had to do it myself, and I'm not an LA denizen.

The exception that I've seen, so far, is when the dungeon is void of all save the tickling crew attending the gathering.

For a local event, that's casual and social, without anything that would intimidate or otherwise discomfort the vanilla of us, we need a location in which to host an event, and a host willing to take the time to host it. There are hosts available. There are yet to be homes available. We need a structure which would allow for 6-20 adults to seat within it, and some way to comfortably restrain those 'lees that volunteer to be tied and tickled. Those who don't require bondage to remain still (and they do exist) are exceptions to the rule. Given such a structure, you'd have events as often as was possible for the available hosts.

The alternative, while being very viable for you, me and a few others, isn't acceptable for the group at large. Those that would register for West Coast Gatherings, anyway.

I do hope you consider the notion of starting an event, advertising it for free, here, and getting folks involved in that fashion. There ARE folks who's show to a dungeon that wouldn't sign up for a gathering. Dungeons allow complete anonymity, where West Coast Gatherings won't allow such. Dungeons generally allow for greater complexity of bondage, where most homes won't allow for such. Dungeons ALSO cater to the scores of spanking-interested folks in this kink, which means cross-play is possible, spanking and tickling, age-play and tickling, domination and tickling, etc.

For those of us that dig dungeons, it's great.

For the folks looking for a West Coast Gathering, greater than 90% (as of the last time I asked the list) will not attend an event at a dungeon. Polls are so useful. Sad, but useful.

It's about what's comfortable for those who want to attend a West Coast Gathering, as is true for most all events currently taking the name "gathering".

Please, out of consideration for the section of this forum in which you're currently posting, and our long-time acquaintence, do the folks here the courtesy of supporting their current efforts to go to a West Coast Gathering. There's a general gatherings section for the West Coast, and I will be personally delighted to see you helping coordinate the bold and the anonymity-seeking to attend the events you describe. I would, personally, were I there and single.

This is the West Coast Gatherings area. Announcing other events isn't considerate to the folks coordinating this one, nor to those that can't yet bring themselves to attend this one, much less a dungeon. Those folks need to know that they're respected in this area, at these events, and that dungeon play in a West Coast Gathering is only possible when ALL attending KNOW, because they've been repeatedly told via email, that such will be a dungeon-based event, and whether or not it's "public" or exclusive to our interest.

Yeah, it's a drag to be defining this information in such detail. I've the interest of the sum of the attendees of my events to consider. Personally, I agree with your sentiments as posted. Personally is not enough. Sorry about that. Again, though, I'm REALLY glad you've found play down there, especially considering how bloody hard it is to find playspace there for gatherings in general.

dvnc

This may all be moot...

Seeing as my contact for the play space I have in mind for the event has yet to respond to any of my inquiries into availability. And while yes, there are those that squick at the notion of playing in a dungeon, this facility would be all ours for the duration of the event, other than the possibility of one of the folks running the club staying in an office out of our hair, just to make sure we didn't get carried away. But again, sadly, my efforts to make something happen before the New Year are looking bleak. I gotta stop screwing around and go buy that winning Super Lotto ticket, dammit! LoL

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back