• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

very slow download speeds from clips4sale over comcast ISP

herodotusrexx

I've had Comcast cable internet service for years. It regularly provides 24 Mbps of download speed to my computer. I used to be able to download clips from clips4sale.com very quickly. I'd see 2 Mbytes per second sometimes.

But over the last couple of weeks its gotten very slow. It will run typically between 60 Kbps to 120 kbps, the speed varying up and down between those two speeds, like its being traffic shaped. I doesn't matter which store at C4S I buy from, they are all slow.

I contacted clips4sale customer service. They say its the ISP, not them. It could be true, Comcast is known to throttle certain types of traffic. But this never has happened before to me, not for years. It now takes up to a hour to download a big clip (200 MBytes or so). It used to take a couple of minutes. While these slow downloads are going on, I can download from say rapidshare and its very fast, so its not the connection. It is only effecting downloads of clips from clips4sale.com. I am trying to figure out if the clips4sale or Comcast.

Is anybody else with Comcast ISP service see this?

I've noticed it too. Started just within the last couple of days. I've had the service for two months.

I have Comcast too. When I download a clip it's still pretty quick, no problem there. But for the past week when I click on a store it can take up to 3 minutes for the page to download. Doesn't matter which store I try. So even though I haven't had problems as far as downloading the clips themselves there's definitely something wrong.

I've had Comcast cable internet service for years. It regularly provides 24 Mbps of download speed to my computer. I used to be able to download clips from clips4sale.com very quickly. I'd see 2 Mbytes per second sometimes.

But over the last couple of weeks its gotten very slow. It will run typically between 60 Kbps to 120 kbps, the speed varying up and down between those two speeds, like its being traffic shaped. I doesn't matter which store at C4S I buy from, they are all slow.

I contacted clips4sale customer service. They say its the ISP, not them. It could be true, Comcast is known to throttle certain types of traffic. But this never has happened before to me, not for years. It now takes up to a hour to download a big clip (200 MBytes or so). It used to take a couple of minutes. While these slow downloads are going on, I can download from say rapidshare and its very fast, so its not the connection. It is only effecting downloads of clips from clips4sale.com. I am trying to figure out if the clips4sale or Comcast.

Is anybody else with Comcast ISP service see this?

Yes, I have Comcast too. I called service and they installed a new high speed router. The problem still persists..

Speed is ok but pages at clips4sale are slow to view, maybe a 5 second delay on every page or search.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back