• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Southern Gathering

beachtickler

Hello Ticklers and Ticklees, I will be assisting JoBelle to co-host the gathering being proposed for this coming February at Mardi Gras time. I live in New Orleans and can tell you that its a great place to visit and hold a tickle gathering. Theres Bourbon Street, the French Quarter, great food, good music, Mardi Gras festivities, lots to do and see and of course...tickling fun. Theres so much to do that you wont want to sleep :zzzzz:. I would be happy to help answer any questions about New Orleans :confused:. You'll hate yourself if you miss it. :sowrong: My email is [email protected]

Mardi Gras Madness?

Are you *sure* you want to host a party in NOLA anywhere close to Mardi Gras time? As much as fun as I think it would be, I'd avoid it simply because of the chaos/Mardi Gras madness factor. Just a thought. :)

Countessa

Countessa, How are you my yankee acquaintance? ;)

You mention one of many questions, but you also bring up the main reason for choosing this time. Of the hudnreds of thousands of people who enter the city on Mardi Gras, there are surely a few tickle folks who have wanted to be or have been a part of the festivities. :)

As far as success of an event during that time...
There was a gathering last year on Mardi Gras and it was fine indeed. It started out with three hosts and a large party planned. It ended with one host, that being me :bunny: (after unavoidable circumstances stopped my lovely cohostesses from attending) , and about 15 people attending over a 6 day period. Other than one person who didn't like the crowd on Bourbon Street on Saturday night, I got glowing repsonses from everyone. I think I complained more than anyone else, but that was only after playing taxi the last couple of days in traffic...hehe.;)

I'm thinking a 3-day event on the weekend preceeding Mardi Gras is perfect~!

PLENTY of time for everyone to see the French Quarter, visit a few famed places, flash someone for beads, watch said flashing, see a parade or fifteen, and STILL get a tickle fix by hanging out with likeminded folks. Hell, we took the tickling to the street on a parade route last year! LOL :wow: We just didn't bring the rope!

It might also just be that those of us who are here all the time, and have been in Mardi Gras festivities our whole lives tend to think more about the fun than the fight. It's a crowd, it's a hectic time to be in the city, it's a pain sometimes, but it's also a world famous glorious event that I think everyone should see at least once in their lives...and why not do it with a bunch of tickle folk.....sounds good, no?

And Hi TklU2Deth!

Joby...lookin' for her Krewe of Tickle Folk!

JoBelle said:
I'm thinking a 3-day event on the weekend preceeding Mardi Gras is perfect~!

Joby...lookin' for her Krewe of Tickle Folk!

Ok, JobyWan, for those of us who work for anal-retentive companies who like all their personnel/scheduling laid out in advance....

Do we know exactly when the three day weekend before Mardi Gras might be??? OK, yes, I know it's the Saturday-Sunday-Monday before Fat Tuesday(shut up, you guys) but what will the date be?

Believe it or not, I'd have to put in for the time off pretty soon here....

Let me know! You might get some weird little red-headed granola girl from the Pacific Northwest showing up this time!!!

Kimmie

Wooohooo

I'd love to attend and I still want to help anyway that I can JoBelle.. So just let a southerner know. :)

Love ya!
Sunriseticklee
:Kiss2:

After all I heard about the fun at your LAST Mardi Gras party... I want to go too!

And Countessa.... I'm counting on you being there too my dear! It was so fabulous to meet you in Memphis.

Aw. I wanna go. Can I bring my sweetie? Mardi Gras and tickling? Sounds like fun t'me!

Crap.

LoneStar Ticklers is planning a mid February 2003 Dallas gathering because everyone else has Halloween & New Years plans. And it's the birthday month for me and another member. Well, I'll still post the details as they come on my other thread. This thing is NEVER gonna happen!

Crap.

OddJob, never fear. Folks that can, will show to both. Some folks are crowd-phobic, too, or booze-phobic, and Mardi Gras would scare the pants off 'em. I know some such, in this scene. Seriously, how many folks does it take to have a fun gathering? Not many, brother. One 'lee is enough if you're there, y'know? From there, it just improves on good.

How bad can THAT be?

Now, if you PLANNED *with* Jobelle, to have yours right after hers, you *might* find folks doing a layover in Texas. All them west coast kids have to do that anyway, and your town IS a hub, innit?

Knowin' it's all good, and all about the love,

dvnc

Jobelle, I just found out Mardi Gras is March 4th in 2003. Oddjob's wonderin' when your event is, 'cause he's plannin' for a Texas event thereabouts. Mind if I help connect you two, to collaborate on your events?

dvnc

Thanks, DV - good thinking about planning the event together. Feel free to pass my address, e-mail, whatever on. I'd love to speak with Jobelle.

But we wore going to rent a place on Saturday, so if people came through N. texas on Sunday, we would be without a place space (yeah, I'll have a select few people back at my apt. for further fun, but my place is SMALL. And I don't want to dissapoint).

Still, when I think about it, you're right about not needing a large # for a good gathering. I know that there are going to be 'lers & 'lees, male & female at this gatheirng of ours, so i'm happy. We were just hoping to get the numbers up to get a good rate a local club that was clean, relaxing, and, unlike my apratment, well equiped, with a bar, a social room, a video area and play area. Still, I feel better than I did. We may not even change the date. Mostly, our gathering is going to cater to people in our area anyway - although all are welcome - so it's not likely that The Mardi Gras gathing would lose people to us. And I'd love to go to a gathering in LA one day, and I know some LA people were interested in ours, so I doubt this will be the 1st AND last of such parties anyway!

Howdy y'all,

My apologies for not payin' better attention to this section. Things got stupid in the party department and I lost focus on it. Since y'all posted this, I've gotten email from you DVNC...and since replied to OJ via email as well. Goodness thanks for all that...y'all have to help those of us who are a bit on the flighty side lately!! :p

Again, apologies and thanks!
Joby

did someone say Mardi Gras?

JoBelle said:
y'all have to help those of us who are a bit on the flighty side lately!!

That's why we luvs ya, JoBelle. :D

When you have a definite date in mind let me know and I'll check my calendar. Would love to get together with all the ticklepeople in my home state. And with Mardi Gras in full swing, we'll be some of the more moderate freaks on parade :dogpile:

kisses

I live in Texas, but for some reason, have never been to Mardi Gras. This sounds like the perfect reason.

Raul

southern gatherings in 2003

I've noticed noone has posted on this since September. Are there still gatherings in the planning stages for early 2003 in Texas and New Orleans? I hope so, I'd like to go to both. Someone please e-mail me with info. :cool: [email protected]

Last edited:
Well, I tried the e-maiul but I got the "Cannot find server" window....

Anyway, a gathering in Dallas TX at The Sanctuary WILL be happening in Feb. 2003. The target date is Saturday, the 22, but this may change... we're still haggling a bit, since the club we want won't rent on Saturdays (actually, we have to be out by 7PM if we rented it, so.... We might just involve our group with the other non-tickling regulars, or change the date to a week earlier..... Watch this sapce)

OR go here for upadtes....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lone_Star_Tickling/?yguid=80614652

AND SPREAD THE WORD! THIS COULD BE GREAT!

Looks like we need to add a Texas Gathering directory, as there ARE two events, but they're all falling here, in one event's area.

This is the directory for the Southern Gathering. OddJob's talkin' 'bout the Texas Gathering.

Both events are south of the Mason-Dixon. One's run by LilKittyKatFeet and JoBelle (the Southern Gathering), and the other is run by OddJob, with silent partners to this forum (the Texas Gathering).

I've asked for a Texas Gathering directory, and look, there it is. I can move all your stuff to there, at your request, sir.

Helping,

dvnc

Yeas, Wolvie, please move the Lone Star gathering info to the Texas directory area!

You're Wolvie, Bella's Storm.... I'd be The Blob!

Going South!

I have always wanted to go to Mardi Gras
now I have TWO reasons to travel to the South East!

Requesting time from work won't be a problem, my main concern is how soon do I need to make hotel/motel and plane reservations due to the crowds?

and of course which hotel/motel is closes.

As long as I have enough notice and know the basic costs and dates I think I can manage it! Holiday season is here and OT flows like oil (being hourly not sallary).

Ed

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back