• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Not really a suggestion, but...

asutickler

Verified
Allow me to preface my suggestions by saying that the TMF is the greatest tickling site, by far, of all time. The TMF has given the tickling community a "home," so to speak, and in so doing has transformed what used to be a loose-knit, spread-out community into a sort of extended internet "family." Thanks to the TMF, I've been privileged to meet many of the wonderful people who comprise this "family" of ours, including someone who has become very special to me. :) Therefore, before I start in making niggling suggestions, I would like to take this opportunity to say a hearty "thank you" to all of the people who make this site possible, and to all of those who work to sustain its continued operation. :):):)

Now then, I would just like to point out a few minor items that have been bugging me...

In the description of the "TMF Rules and Announcements" forum, the word "under" in the sentence; "In this forum you will find the rules under which all users of the TMF must follow." is extraneous/improperly used. :)

In the description of the "General Discussion" forum, the word "specifically" is misspelled. :)

In the description of the "Chatroom" forum, the word "it's" (the contractive form of the words "it is" or "it has") is used in place of the word "its" (the possessive form of the word "it"). The description of the "Links/Page Updates" also contains this error. :)

Sorry if I'm being a picky jerk. :p I always seem to play the role of the spelling/grammar Nazi... :rolleyes:

ASUTickler

P.S. FIRST POST IN THE NEW FORUM!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HAH!!! :D :p

All my fault but the one on links/updates, that one was here when I took over. :)

All fixed. Thanks for pointing them out.

Myriads

Spelling And Grammar

Oh Boy ! It's the spelling police ! Enforce ! Enforce !

No, really, I personally am much more comfortable when the rules of English are followed (or at least the reader/writer/member/whomever <I>tries </I> to follow them).

asutickler said:
Now then, I would just like to point out a few minor items that have been bugging me...

In the description of the "TMF Rules and Announcements" forum, the word "under" in the sentence; "In this forum you will find the rules under which all users of the TMF must follow." is extraneous/improperly used. :)

In the description of the "General Discussion" forum, the word "specifically" is misspelled. :)

In the description of the "Chatroom" forum, the word "it's" (the contractive form of the words "it is" or "it has") is used in place of the word "its" (the possessive form of the word "it"). The description of the "Links/Page Updates" also contains this error. :)

Sorry if I'm being a picky jerk. :p I always seem to play the role of the spelling/grammar Nazi... :rolleyes:

ASUTickler

P.S. FIRST POST IN THE NEW FORUM!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HAH!!! :D :p

Alright, ANOTHER spelling Nazi! Glad I'm not the only one. Seriously, I find a website highly respectable when I can't find spelling errors and typos. It's just like a resume. It adds a certain level of professionalism.

S-N-R

It's time for another...

<B>Spelling Nazi Report !!! </B>

Here on this page...

http://www.ticklingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6

In one of the top two "sticky" posts, you'll find the typo: "<I><B>accountas</B></I>"

Here's the full text...

<I>Sticky: How to Post Images on the forum using an AOL <B>accountas</B> linkable webspace </I>

Spelling Nazis ! Alert !

(Sheesh. I gotta go on a date with a girl.)

Spelling and Grammar Nazis; I request help and others' opinions. Is this now...

-1- A singular/plural discontinuity ?
-2- A missing apostrophe ?
-3- Correct as written ?
-4- Something else ?

The two words in question are <I><B>an </B> </I> and <I><B>accounts</B> </I> in this context...

<I> Sticky: How to Post Images on the forum using <B> an </B> AOL <B>accounts</B> linkable webspace </I>

It is currently answer -1- but can be corrected by inserting the missing apostrophe (account's). BTW, P50, you should have used a colon, not a semi-colon. Semi-colons are used to link two complete sentences that are related; "Spelling and Grammar Nazis" is a phrase. Ha! I out-Nazied you! :p

Should it be a colon or a comma ?

Or, would either be appropriate ?

P50, either would be appropriate, as would a dash or an ellipse...forum writing being somewhat less formal than other types. ;)

woohoo, I'm not the only one! That "it's" has been bugging me for ages. It's probably the most common spelling/grammar mistake on the net, don't you think?

Biggles

Looks like we're beginning to form a group w/in a group, here...

Kan I pley, to?

Hehe.:p

Cheers.:D

OK, let me add my 2 cents here...

The description of the "TMF Member Pics" forum currently reads:

"Wanna see the faces behind the screenames? Send your pic and user name to us here, We'll post it. Include a short bio, and we'll add that also!"

"Wanna" really should be "want to," but since the TMF is rather informal, I'll leave that up to you, Myriads.

"Screename" is not a proper English word, so please change "screenames" to "screen names."

Also, I suggest changing "Send your pic...here, We'll post it." to "Send your pic...here, and we'll be glad to post it." or something similar to the latter phrase.

Thank you for your time. :)

P.S. I won my intermediate school's spelling bee in the 8th grade and get A's in all my English classes, so I have good reasons for being a spelling/grammar Nazi. :D

Biggles of 266 said:
woohoo, I'm not the only one! That "it's" has been bugging me for ages. It's probably the most common spelling/grammar mistake on the net, don't you think?

Biggles
Good thing you spelled your own "it's" correctly. Thanks for addressing one of my biggest pet peeves. Others include "there" vs. "their"..."tounge vs. "tongue"..."your" vs. "you're"...the list goes on and on.

Also, I am amazed at this thread. Like many others, prior to finding the TMF I thought I was alone in my interest of our favorite subject. Now, after reading this thread, I am thrilled to see so many like-minded folks when it comes to spelling and grammar. I've always said that people should need a license to access the internet, which could be obtained by passing an English, spelling and grammar test.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back