• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Buddy List Accuracy

Flatfoot

2nd Level Orange Feather
I don't really have a problem with this, necessarily, since I know I'll see my buddies in the chatroom, one way or the other, but I've noticed that there's a problem with the accuracy of who is and isn't online at the time in my buddylist. I don't know if it deals with other people's IP addresses, or cookies, or logging into the chatroom without logging into the forum, or something, but i just noticed it isn't accurate very often. People will be online, but it says they aren't. It's not too much of an issue with me, and I don't know how many people here really make use of it, anyway. I just thought I'd bring it up, though.

Is it possible that those folks who aren't showing up are ghosting? There is an option to not appear on the listing of those logged in. We ghost ourselves in order to avoid getting hit as often by our friendly neighborhood hacker...who appears to watch for people to sign on here.

Ann

In that case, does that mean you "ghost" all the time for security reasons? I could understand it from that aspect, but the list isn't consistent. One minute it will say someone isn't there who is, and then say they're there when they haven't left, and vice versa. Oh well, there's nothing saying people can't change their level of caution. It's probably ghosting. It was just something quirky that I noticed.

Users can chose to be on the forum in invisible mode. This functions exists so people can surf the forum without being bothered if the IM function is turned on. We don't have the forums IM capacity activated (way to stressful to the server) but the defense is active, and some choose to use it. That is why your list is not always correct.

Myriads

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back