• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Spelling And Grammar Nazis

P

P50

Obviously, we need a place for The Spelling And Grammar Nazis [tm] to help correct the planet.

I was trying out various forms of the acronym, and couldn't make it work.

<I> SAGN ?</I> Nyaaah, that won't work.

<I> Spagran ?</I> I'll bet you that that's a proper name in the USA

<I> SpeAnGraNa ? Speangrana ? Speangranazis ? </I> These sound like a health food

AN USER (Chat room grammar)

Enter chat room

Do not ignore anyone

Hi-Lite "To All Users"

Press "Ignore"

The software responds with, <I>"...To ignore an user..."</I>

The nonspecific article adjective "an" should be "a" instead.

Spelling Nazis !!! Rejoice !!! Found another one !!!

Hmmm....Maybe the original said to ignore an idiot and they forgot to take out the n? lol ;)

Ann

What's this?

Spelling and Grammar Nazis?

Are the spelling/gramatically challenged in an uproar because someone's made them feel bad about not paying enough attention in school?

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :rolleyes: :p :ranty: :idontwann

I'm one of the worst spellers here. THEN add the typing aspect to my jeneral bad spelling skillz and it just gits worse. Is there any way that you (meaning I) can get a computer to spell check what I post, not just the e-mails I send?

Seig Heil!

(or is it spelled 'hiel'? I never can remember..... and I use it so often,too!)

with all due respect

correcting someone's spelling and grammar if you aren't their supervisor on a work product is out of line. Save argument and conflict for genuine disagreement and not because someone made a typo. I agree with P50.

Kalba

Damn....

...and you didn't even spell anything wrong to correct! Curses! Foiled again! :rolleyes: :p ;)

scuch pore schpelling cant go unpunnisheed!
I always thought it was Sieg- not Seig!

chrisheaven said:
scuch pore schpelling cant go unpunnisheed!
I always thought it was Sieg- not Seig!

Danke Schon, mein Hair...., uh, Herr.

Tkl-Duo Ann.....too funny...lol

I think that correcting someone who makes an obvious spelling error is rude and hurtful...the decent thing to do would be to pm and mention it or leave it alone...that said...there is great fun in the humorous exchange between friends and understanding posters regarding typically misspelled words and inappropriately used phrases... a technique I have used as well is not "correcting" but "modeling" the correct spelling in a follow up post...this is probably the least intrusive way to "help" someone ...and that should be the goal..to help someone not to show that u can spell or write better...and that is coming from someone who works in speech. language and communication development and writes more grammatically, punctually and linguistically incorrect than most people...:)

Count me in! I love to be a supercilious twat, so this gang is good for me.:D

chrisheaven said:
super..........what?

It means a twat who talks down to everyone. Kind of a running joke at the moment.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back