• >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Not trying to make waves...but...

laughter_n_love

TMF Regular
Before I get on my soapbox, I understand that the TMF is free, and what a wonderful thing that is for us ticklephiles out there. I also understand that it's not really 'free' in the sense that someone out there is footing the bill for the server and bandwidth, etc, that make the TMF possible. I also understand the golden rule, "He who has the gold makes the rules". And I fully understand that if I don't like the TMF, I'm free to take my browsing elsewhere. No one owes me a thing. This is your space, you own it, and you can do what you like with it.

Let me further add that I'm not normally the type that complains about services rendered to me, be they free or otherwise.

Having said all that, I respectfully request that the advertising for tickling.ws be toned down on all the pages. My reason?

I do most of my browsing of the TMF at work, where I have a relative amount of privacy inside my corner cube walls. These walls, however, do not prevent sound from escaping, and I would be hard pressed to explain the wild laughing sounds coming from my computer if I should accidently pass my mouse over one of these advertisements. My request is that the ads do not spew forth unwanted and untimely gales of laughter if I should unfortunately touch one with my mouse.

Look, I'm in favor of everyone making a buck. It's your space, and you can do with it as you wish. If the TMF is the best way to advertise a product, who am I to object? It's when these ads make my coming to the TMF a risky proposition, when my job and livelyhood become threatened by an accidental pass over by my mouse, that I finally have to open my mouth. Post any ad that you like there...just don't have them getting me fired.

Don't browse the TMF from work you say? Not your problem you say? Both are valid points. My home situation does not allow me the chance to browse the TMF as I would like from home, and as far as it not being your problem, I have no counter argument to that. It ISN'T your problem, it's mine. I just hope that we can come to some agreement so this problem of mine doesn't force me to leave the TMF for good. The TMF is the TOP sight on the internet for tickling as far as I'm concerned, and I want it to stay that way. Are these ads really necessary? I can't answer that...tickling.ws is not my business, and I have nothing invested in it. I'm sure the business done by tickling.ws keeps this site alive and healthy, so my request seems rather ironic I'm sure.

That's it. I'd request that the ads be taken out altogether, but I'm not greedy. Just worried about getting caught at work visiting my favorite site on the web. I hope you can understand.

Thanks for listening.

Laughter_n_Love

I'm sure I'm in the vast minority on this one, but I'd have to agree with laughter_n_love. The first time my mouse grazed over that girl's foot, her laughter scared the crap out of me (lol)! I like to hear giggles as much as anyone here, but I could also do without it on the top of the screen.
Maybe the sound clips could be put in a separate section on the boards so that those that want to hear them can click on them? I dunno. Just a thought.

Maggie

I'll be sure that your comments are passed on to Jeff.

Myriads

It caught me off guard once too, but I don't see it as a continuing problem really... once you know where your mouse shouldn't go, it's easy enough to avoid a little 3/4 inch square isn't it?

There are too nifty new inventions you may have heard of. One is the mute button, the second is headphones. This seems to me sucha silly thing to complain about. Just turn your speakers off if you are worried about "improper" noises coming from your computer.

Headphones and mute are a good idea, but many workplaces don't allow headphones and thier computers are set up at a constant sound level. So some office workers might not be able to take these steps.

Myriads

Maybe it's just me, but I could swear that is a male laughing. (Doesn't sound too feminine to me). In any case, it's not the laughing that bothers me as much as having to have her pop up EVERY time I change from one screen to another. I also agree that commercial representation helps pay for the site. However, I can't imagine that having this come up EVERY time and pissing many people off will do much for the advertiser's business. Besides, to give you an idea of how effective it is, I can't even remember the name of the website it is supposed to be promoting. All I see is that nasty looking tongue.

Last edited:
It could be worse...

Hey, I'll take a little Flash animation at the top of the page any day over pop-up ads! Try navigating the Mousepad website sometime! You can't even scroll, click on a thread or enter a password in an Imagestation album without having to stop and click the pop up ads out of the way! I for one am glad that the TMF has not resorted to pop-up ads!

I applaud laughter_n_love for the way he phrased his request. He was very nice about it. Let me offer one other bit of advice though... Surfing certain sites from work is a very risky thing to do for one other very important reason: Even if you sit in a corner with floor to ceiling cube walls with you speakers muted and your screen out of anyone else's field of vision, your surfing habits can still be traced by the company's network admins. A lot of corporations have their IT departments keep a log of all the internet activity on the employee's computers. Some monitor it more heavily than others, but the fact remains that if they ever decided to do a spot check, they could easily pull up a log file and see where you've gone. Deleting your browser's history would not help because it is stored on the LAN's server, not just your hard drive.

Laughter_n_love, I'm not arguing with your point or telling you what sites to visit or not visit. I'm just saying be careful, man!

-DFT

I say respect all users and turn off the sound. This is not an MTP site is it? If it is correct me. I think it is rude and selfish to put the advertising of your site before the wishes of the users. I have seen numerous posts asking for the discontinuation of the absurd women sticking out her tongue yet this MTP fellow continues to ingnore the many requests. What gives?

Like i said before..call me the crazy one but i like the ad. Besides look at the bright side. If you do accidently activate the sound at least you will know better the next time. Also it will teach you to be on the lookout for such things not just here but everywhere. Ya never know they could be or something similar. Live and learn.

What's New

3/18/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back