• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Laughing House

TickleWiazard

2nd Level Red Feather
Legend tells of a house, surrounded by cheesey story cliches, like being hidden in the woods and all that jazz. This house, hidden within the woods, is said to be haunted by a ghost or possibly possessed by a demon or possibly sentient or possibly belonging to a witch or possibly is a recovering alcoholic that just wants to settle down somewhere with a lovely family of house sparrows and then eventually TAKE OVER THE WORLD!......

Ok well this house is said to be forever filling the world with laughter, never ending except for when it finds a new victims. These victims are typically girls, poor lost girls (that might be independent AND DON'T NEED NO MAN!). These poor souls that get trapped in it's (metaphorical) clutches (or maybe not metaphorical... It could have hands hidden underneath it for all I know!) are never seen again. I would say never heard from again... but I'm sure you've all figured out the source of the laughter by now!

Current Chapter Release Log

v2.1.2 - Some people were still getting the missing sprite glitch, so I've gone through the ENTIRE game and rebound EVERY LAST SINGLE ODIN DAMN SPRITE in the game! Hopefully, this will be the last we hear of this fucking glitch!

v2.1.1 - Forgot to rebind the sprite in the basement! Sorry guys, the fix was done at about 6am XD

v2.1 - Ok so for some reason the game unbound the sprites for Nadie and Arieta... No freaking idea why, but I've fixed it. So here's hoping it doesn't do it again!

v2.0 - The Second Chapter has begun!

The game is currently at Chapter 2

Link to download (The RPG Maker VX Ace RTP is required to play)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ayn2l9acqy5ahk2/The+Laughing+House.exe

Link to the RTP for RPG Maker VX Ace
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

And just in case those don't work, here's the DA page!
http://ticklewizard.deviantart.com/art/The-Laughing-House-Tickle-Game-Chapter-2-v2-1-2-423542810

Not gonna lie guys, I haven't been able to do a lot of work on LH as of late thanks to a hobby challenge that I took up. Though in full truth, that's not the entire reason behind it... Truth be told, I'm kinda just feeling disheartened about the work on it. I like throwing in puzzles and such to try and make the game more of an involving experience, but when I throw in puzzles I've been finding lots of negativity in response to them. It's gotten to the point now where every time I start to work on a puzzle, I get in my own head fretting over whether people will be able to figure it properly, whether people will enjoy it, whether it's really worth it or hell, if I've dumbed it down too much for people and as a result, will receive more whining and moaning.

So for now, I think I'm gonna have a small break from LH to focus on one of the alternative ideas I had. With most of the other ideas I had, I could get away with less puzzles and such. I made Laughing House with that whole J-Horror RPG maker game approach, trying to fill the gameplay with puzzles and so built a setting in which that could be done (if I remove the puzzles from Laughing House and just go pure story telling, it's gonna look daft (especially to me!)). So instead I'll probably go back to trying to get the RPG aspect of this new maker to actually fucking work and start work on the RPG idea I had. I still have the game idea I had set for that stream, but I'm intending to leave that (or at least the start of it) for the stream as it's a fun little "teach others the mechanics" set up I went for with that one.

Nothings final at this point, who knows I might find myself getting out of this slump by the end of the week. But for now, I figured I'd put it to the pubic and see how you guys felt about this.

It's fine with me, I've never had a problem with any of the puzzles, I don't think they were that difficult. I think most people maybe just like getting to the good stuff right away, even though there were plenty of tickle traps along the way. Sometimes though we all need a break from a game we've been working on for awhile. I've played around with rpg makers and even made some games (not tickle related though) and they can be fun when you start making it but when you start getting really into it it can be exhausting and you eventually get wore out from it because you've been seeing the same thing over and over again, but whatever you do is fine with me. :)

Excuse my language, but fuck those people. These puzzles are not THAT terribly challenging. I don't understand it?! The hardest one was trying to mimic the path in that tile room where if you don't follow the exact path, you lose(and who is really upset with THAT scene?! It's one of my favorites!).

I may sound incredibly selfish or greedy saying this, but keep working on LH, I LOVE what it has become. I love the puzzles(Fuck these lazy fucks who just want a tickle scene to JO to, this game has SUBSTANCE), I absolutely love, love, LOVE Lucy and her personality. Personally, probably my favorite character created within the tickle RPG universe. And the only one(possibly) close is Nadya from Laughing Isle, and while I love her, I feel she lacks the 'pop' in personality that Lucy seems to possess.

So while I may be one person, I beg that you find that spark and love that you had for this game, and the puzzles and get back at it. It's been so long since we've updated and I have like 11 saves so I can go back and enjoy some of these amazing scenes! I actually played this game before I even knew about The Witch's House, and I loved what you were pulling from that game.

Here's to you. Decision, of course, is always yours. But know you have some big time fans for this game that's around!

The whole "fap fuel right of the bat" thing is why I considered starting on my pure story based idea, give them something to occupy themselves. Though I know what you mean mxx, that's how me and my friend grew up using the maker. We used to just make all sorts of random nonsense, figuring out what made the engines tick

You'd be surprised how much angry mail I recieved over that trap, to the point where I've added in a "bitch mode" as my friend calls it, just for that puzzle!

Thanks, I love Lucy too (though building a solid character but having her grow and adapt depending on how the player plays is becoming insane XD ) Nadya in Laughing Isles is a great character, but because she's kinda a "create your own" in a sense, I can see why Animu has done what he has with her in regards to writing style.

I'm glad I'm not the only save junkie XD I have a folder in every game saved at the points for my favourite scenes (even though I know how to de-crypt the files and just start myself at the damn scene from the maker!). As for Witch's House, I kinda found that game courtesy of Markiplier whilst I was in a slump from a proper RPG project. I was thinking of what I could do to get around the use of the RPG function in my game (which still has it's game done up to the first boss, curse the stupid way ACE handles stats!). I was considering making a Zelda kind of engine within ACE but the work it takes for that was insane in the old makers and this was a free game (not wanting to sound like an asshole, but if I put in the months of work it'd take I'd expect more than a thank you from it! XD).

What I might just do is take a small leave from LH for a bit, work on another idea and that should take me a bit out of the slump. Doing that has worked well with my over hobbies like Warhammer, so I'm guessing it should work well for this too. Nothing's final yet though, so don't worry.

Honestly my biggest complaint is that every tickle scene is followed by "game over" which is a small grievance, but it would be nice to see the scenes without rebooting the game. The puzzles are doable, but admittedly it gets a touch annoying just clicking random objects when you're at a dead end and can't figure out the rest. But that's just because I'm impatient. And what is this new game I'm hearing of?

I was originally considering having it work without the game over. Problem was, for some game overs (Arieta's being the biggest problems) it was near impossible to get them to work without either instantly triggering it again or buggering up something. So instead of having some that game over, some that don't, I chose to make them all game overs.

As for the new game, it officially began development yesterday and is gonna be a traditional RPG style game. As I did with LH, I'll be doing up a small taster before releasing it in to the wild to get feedback (I am not making an entire game only for people to turn their nose at it and ignore it >: ( )

As for the new game, it officially began development yesterday and is gonna be a traditional RPG style game. As I did with LH, I'll be doing up a small taster before releasing it in to the wild to get feedback (I am not making an entire game only for people to turn their nose at it and ignore it >: ( )

Awesome news. I'm excited to see more of your work. And making an entire game that other might not like isn't such a bad thing. I'm working on a game right now that I won't release until it's finished. At first I was going to try and please as many people as I could with my games, but after philosophizing on it more, I think it's more important to make what you like and what inspires you. I plan on making games for me, and hopefully other people will like it as well.

I get what you're saying Lurker, but I honestly prefer at least finding out if people will play the full game when it's released instead of spending all of my time making something people are gonna ignore

Well, I really don't mind puzzles.

If difficulty bothers you, how about you give hypothetical puzzles to the public that are of equal difficulty to the ones you put in your game?

That way you can find the perfect difficulty sweet spot.

I like puzzles and immersion in a game. Personally speaking, if you put out another game on here, that's tickling related, I would play it to the end. Your scene writing and scenarios are great and you create likeable characters. That's enough right there for me to play a game all the way as long as there aren't any game breaking bugs preventing me from completing it. I don't really care too much about map design or graphics per-say as I believe you can create those with words and descriptions and not with just pixels. Supreme Element is a great example of map and level design with just words :D I would agree with Lurker in that I would make a game, that I would personally love, and hope that a decent amount of others enjoy it as well.

Yeah, Markiplier also shown me what the Witch's house was like. LH is a fantastic game, and I'm so excited to see it develop more! Knowing you, the next project will be just as amazing, since your character development has been on point up to this point. Can't wait to see what's next!

I wonder if any of you lot here can guess what this is, since noone on DA managed

Attachments

• amanda_original_by_lord_reckless-d8jw49y.jpg
    amanda_original_by_lord_reckless-d8jw49y.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 204
I believe that would be a "Digital Image."

I understand if nobody could guess. It is a cutting edge science, after all.

Thanks to my colledge edjication, I can also deduce that this digital image depicts a brown haired female making a smiley face, wearing a grey hoodie and jeans, and holding a miniature globe between bare feet.

Further analysis reveals that this female is also in a sitting position, and the rest of the digital image is a solid white background.

People among my level of genuis, may also be able to decypher that she is possibly sending a message to the audience. this is suggested by the fact that she is looking into the implied camera whilst making a winky face.

Case Closed. That will be $11,000 please.

Then you shall pay me in happy points.

Quick, go outside and take pictures of funny things. If I am amused, I will consider the debt paid.

So now that April Fools is out of the way and my birthday is done, I can give you all an update on how progress with the new game is going!:

Well to put it simply, it's not.... Basically, the problem comes from my poor luck with the current maker. For some strange reason, the stats just don't want to work for me. I've been trying to program the first proper encounter on this for a couple of weeks now, but each time I run in to the same problems. If I leave the values for defense and such as is, the fight is impossible to win since the player is doing 0dmg each hit. However, if I drop the defense or up the players attack by even 1pt you end up killing the enemy instantly. I seriously cannot figure out what the hell is going on with this!

Though there is a silver lining to this. Whilst trying to relieve my frustration by playing about with over RPG games (and by that I mean cracking them open, having a look at how they've done things with this new engine and such) I came across a fun looking (couldn't get the bugger to run though) japanese game called "Dungeon of Tickling". Now in the files for it I noticed that there's a scene that's actually done out using pictures from this doll maker thing I've seen the guy use before as a base for some of his drawings. Now given how in depth this little piece of kit is, I've been tempted to find it out myself and perhaps work on making a game that utilizes this little app not just for character faces and such, but to actually give some of the important scenes (like boss finishes) their own visual representation.

Problem with this idea is that the graphics app thing doesn't seem to be as versatile as I'd need for LH or the new project. So I'm gonna build a little test scene as a one off to see how'd this work (and share it of course). If it works well and you guys like it, I might just put the new project on the back bench and make a small more story driven game like LH, but try and keep the puzzles and such to a minimum as it'd be built as a more free flowing world idea than LH which focuses on a captive having to outwit her captor.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions as always and who knows, I might get to work on this later if I can pry myself off of Xenoverse!

Well to put it simply, it's not.... Basically, the problem comes from my poor luck with the current maker. For some strange reason, the stats just don't want to work for me. I've been trying to program the first proper encounter on this for a couple of weeks now, but each time I run in to the same problems. If I leave the values for defense and such as is, the fight is impossible to win since the player is doing 0dmg each hit. However, if I drop the defense or up the players attack by even 1pt you end up killing the enemy instantly. I seriously cannot figure out what the hell is going on with this!

Are you using Ace? Ace will let you put in all of your own math, even for attacking and defending.

So wait, you're telling me it's doing the math? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.... I keep doing the math as is cause I'm an old school RPG maker user, plus I'm a programmer XD I'll try stop using the math, see what happens.

well just going to say I loved witch's house and I love the idea of the laughing house, hope you continue working on it ticklewizzard, even if very slowly ^^

I'll keep working on it Mr Devil, I'm just having a break from it to pursue some other ideas. Not only did some of the bitching get to me, but I also found that I was severely limited to what I could do with LH cause of the environment I set in, meaning I had hundreds of new ideas I couldn't use on this project. The new one will allow me to be free of that!

So as stated in my journal's over on DA: I'm having to take a hiatus from all work for health reasons until further notice. So sorry guys

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back