• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Proof-reading anyone?

The_Hawk

TMF Regular
Would anyone be interested in proof-reading a story I am working on? I don't want to send it out to too many people because I actually want people to read it when I post it. So I am looking for about 2 to 3 proof readers if anyone's interested. I am just really worried that its too long and boring before I get to the actual tickling and everything, and grammar and whatnot. But I would really appreciate it. Message me if you're interested.

*Bonus points to those who have written stories, or do often. Not trying to discriminate against people who don't write stories. But I feel like having my story read by another writer will be super beneficial. Alas, all are welcome. First come first serve.

You know, what I find useful is if I have the computer read the story back to me. I can usually pick up any corrections that I need to make this way.

Thanks. Although it wasn't so much about corrections as the actual story itself. But I will try that :)

What do you want out of proof-reading? I'll try to hit it up tonight or tomorrow if you still need people. About how many words is it?

For reference I try to stick to a 1:2 rule when I put up tickling stories, for every whatever or so of non tickling I try to have two parts tickling. That format doesn't work all the time, obviously, especially for story heavy narratives but it's a good starting point, I think. Story should dictate how much time you spend where, though. Sometimes 90% tickling works favorably and sometimes only a small amount is best. I think, anyway.

Like I said, it depends on what the story calls for, you know? This is also just my opinion.

For reference I try to stick to a 1:2 rule when I put up tickling stories, for every whatever or so of non tickling I try to have two parts tickling. That format doesn't work all the time, obviously, especially for story heavy narratives but it's a good starting point, I think. Story should dictate how much time you spend where, though. Sometimes 90% tickling works favorably and sometimes only a small amount is best. I think, anyway.

I think this is good advice...

You can't fail at art. It might not be super high quality grade but it's still art, you know? At worst consider it a learning experience or something like that.

Lol, its hard for it to be a learning experience when no one comments on your stories and tells you how bad or good they are. I don't ask for much lol. BUt one or two comments would be nice. MY dignity suffers a critical blow...

Lol, its hard for it to be a learning experience when no one comments on your stories and tells you how bad or good they are. I don't ask for much lol. BUt one or two comments would be nice. MY dignity suffers a critical blow...

This is not something that you are necessarily doing. I've have this discussion with several people in here. Sometimes I think that there are just too many stories... you can vary a tickling scenario just so far, you know. In the past I have posted what I thought was a real nice story, only to have it not commented on at all! So in the end, you have to write "for yourself". If you get a response, well that's gravy... but I wouldn't count on it.

Most comments aren't constructive. I also find that not a lot of people are really interested in constructive criticism, so I tend to keep it to myself. I ask if it's ok before I give it. Either way, I think you'll have to find your own errors and how to correct them in this setting if you want it to be a learning experience. If your issue is that you didn't receive a lot of comments, look to well received stories (I think the last big hit was Bolt Girl? I'm not on here so much these days) and see if you can glean anything from that, maybe. If your primary goal is readership, anyway.

Agreed on the only so many ways to write a tickling story. What I've found it comes down to, beyond anything else, is characters. Focus upon the characters, assuming they're unique, will always make it unique. Sometimes the characters I draw up surprise me and the story goes down a different route than I had originally intended. But, plot wise, yeah it's tough. A few years ago I sat down and tried to come up with all of the different, broad scenarios where tickling would happen. Wasn't a lot. Ill open up a post about that later in the writing section because I kind of want to talk about it a bit.

Anyway, there are so many stories on here and so many get posted that most just get lost by the wayside. Happens to everyone. I think most of mine haven't gotten much commentary, and I believe that most people I've spoken with on the matter have said as much. But yeah, just write what you think should be written -- see a niche not being covered? Hit that. Otherwise, if you want to receive constructive feedback try finding other writers in the writers whosits subsection and work with them, I think. I had an easier time of it when I started because I primarily stuck to Tickle Theater, which I think had a tighter community (at least at the time).

Words. I felt like I wanted to say something else.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back