• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Echoes- A Text Adventure

CoffeeEmporer

TMF Poster
Well, this is new.

So, I recently stumbled across this fun little open-source program designed specifically for creating text-based adventures. Long story short, I took a crack at making a game!

So this is for everyone to enjoy. This is my first time, so major disclaimer: Sorry for any potential bugs, misspellings, weird dead ends, system wiping crashes, and in general any woes that come with entertainment technology. Make mention of them hear, and I will do my best to remedy them as soon as possible.

So, without further ado... Here's what you need to know.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey all!

Echoes is a text-based adventure utilizing the Quest 5 open-source language.

For those who don't know what a text adventure is:
You basically guide you character along by entering commands into a special command line. It's like working in shell-script, but for fun! The list of potential commands have been included in a txt file. You can refer to that or enter "Help" in-game to list a lot of the basic commands you can utilize in game, and how they're set up.

For those who want to play the game:
In order to play, you need to download the Quest 5 open-source software. Much like RPGMaker, you need some version to play the game offline. You can find and download it at the following link:
http://textadventures.co.uk/quest/desktop

For everyone:

I hope you have a fun time playing this game. A lot of it was a really fun learning experience for me!

Cheers!

View attachment Echoes.zip

Last edited:
It's a fun game for what little I've been able to play. It seems it might be bugged as I can't get passed the first room with the statue. I've done all four of the side rooms and have even tickled everything after the puzzle has finished (except the mosaic as that still can't be apparently). Hell, I even tickled the statue but still the pedestal refuses to grant me access

After solving all four side rooms, the pedestal will open up to reveal a lighter. Take the lighter and use it on the lamps in the Entryway. That will unlock the north door at the Crossroads.

Short, but pleasant. Unexpected ending. Really appreciate your effort. Hopefully you enjoyed the experience and are planning on more in the future.

Of course, as soon as I post that, I figured it out. Randomly typing commands works once again!

Hey you're doing better than me! I've solved all four problems but no prompt about a lighter! I'm gonna just go to the pedistal, type "take lighter" and see if it works (even though it doesn't state there is such a thing)

Hey you're doing better than me! I've solved all four problems but no prompt about a lighter! I'm gonna just go to the pedistal, type "take lighter" and see if it works (even though it doesn't state there is such a thing)

If that doesn't work, go ahead and PM the steps you took to solve each room. You might have found a bug I missed.

Well done on this. It's short but very good. I love tickling-themed text adventures like this and would love to see more people make them.

I'm glad everyone is liking it so far. It was a blast to stretch the ol' wings and try something new :).

My only real nitpick is the music room's pickiness about how to word the required action, and that the tree room's puzzle doesn't have much for clues outside of simple guessing and revision (momentarily felt like an idiot playing around with different lever combinations when the solution was so simple lol).

Otherwise, nice work. I usually have bad luck with these sorts of games, but I enjoyed your writing style and the general atmosphere of the story. Short but sweet with a nice ending. Would be interesting to see more projects of this style.

My only real nitpick is the music room's pickiness about how to word the required action, and that the tree room's puzzle doesn't have much for clues outside of simple guessing and revision (momentarily felt like an idiot playing around with different lever combinations when the solution was so simple lol).

Otherwise, nice work. I usually have bad luck with these sorts of games, but I enjoyed your writing style and the general atmosphere of the story. Short but sweet with a nice ending. Would be interesting to see more projects of this style.

I appreciate the feedback. Honestly a lot of this was me discovering how to "write" puzzles, so I'm glad to hear back where they could use improvement. I definitely want to learn more about their construction and even some cryptography going forward :).

Well i found it very interesting i must say. However i am stuck once i went up the stairs. i hear the voice ask my name and i can't do anything.

Well i found it very interesting i must say. However i am stuck once i went up the stairs. i hear the voice ask my name and i can't do anything.

Once the voice addresses you after you go to the Upper Stairs, you can use the "Say" command to reply.

Well I tried all sorts outside of starting the game again as that voids the point of the problem I'm at. Have sent you a message detailing what I did as asked and even included a copy of my save file just to be sure!

Hey all!

So, thanks to TickleWiazard, I discovered a glitch that if the lever room puzzle was the forth one solved AND if it was solved by turning off the left or right lever, it would spit out the solution text but not mark the statue as open.

I've updated the zip file in the first post with a new version of the game that addresses this bug, and it should work just fine now.

Sorry for anyone who may have encountered this issue, and thanks again to TickleWiazard.

It's supposed to be Wizard! The admins can't fix it.... (never start accounts when suffering serious hay-fever!).

And you're welcome all! Bow down to my buggy benevolence!

Having the same problem with the strings in the music room: nothing works there. Any hints?

Hey, sorry for the long wait in replying. Anyway, the key hint is the image of the scales on the floor. The room is basically a giant instrument, so you want to type in the command "Play Scales"

I just played it for the first time.

Beautiful little game.
Sweet, quiet, sad and surreal... I really hope the author found the expericence rewarding and is willing to continue with further projects, because tickling text games are as rare as they are precious. There is a magic in this kind of games that you can't find anywhere else.

Kudos to you, CoffeeEmporer.

I just played it for the first time.

Beautiful little game.
Sweet, quiet, sad and surreal... I really hope the author found the expericence rewarding and is willing to continue with further projects, because tickling text games are as rare as they are precious. There is a magic in this kind of games that you can't find anywhere else.

Kudos to you, CoffeeEmporer.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Right now I have quite a few projects dancing around that require my attention, but I had so much fun with this game that I know for certain that sooner or later I'll be making a new one :).

But I really appreciate the feedback, and I must echo your sentiments regarding text adventures. There really is something about them that is truly unique to their genre and their style that even to this day stands out in the crowd of electronic entertainment.

ok, could someone please explain me how to solve the "first song" room? i just can´t figure it out :(

Not sure what I'm supposed to do in the chain and stock room with the mannequin. I found the scarf, but am otherwise lost. I think its the last puzzle I need to solve, too. :(

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back