• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Muppets question

LayDeeMe

TMF Novice
So I figured this was the place to post this. I was just listening to a Muppets radio station on Live365, and they played a version of the song "Your Feet's Too Big" where some male Muppet is singing to a female Muppet, and during the whole song she's laughing. I don't ever remember seeing this on the show, and from what I found out surfing the 'net it was when Carol Channing was on the show. Granted, I was a wee youngin' when the Muppet Show orginally aired, but I would think I'd remember a tickle scene! Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

-Dee

Sounds interesting, I'd also like to know more about this. And there's a Muppet radio station? I guess if we can have hundreds of channels on digital and satellite TV, anything's possible! :p

Well Live365 are music stations that people produce themselves, I guess I just label them "radio stations." But there are thousands of stations on there, and they play everything and anything you want to hear. So one of those stations, or channels, is a Muppet channel.

I guess this song, "Your Feet's Too Big" is a jazz song, even covered by the Beatles, because when I searched for info on the 'Net, I got a lot of listings for lyrics for this song and people who've performed it. The Muppets version was listed as performed by the Whatnot Muppets, which is a way of saying "Generic Muppets" from what I gather. But there is a male and a female Muppet, with the male singing to the female. She is laughing during most of the song, so I can only assume, since the song is about her having huge feet, the male Muppet is tickling her feet. But I don't know for certain. Hence I posed this question to see if anyone can remember this skit. Perhaps it has nothing to do with tickling at all, and she's just laughing at him for the witty lyrics in the song. The only other piece of info I have is that this skit/song was in the Muppet Show episode with Carol Channing.

This is a link to the lyrics for the song, for what I assume to be the original version by Fats Waller, not the Muppet skit version:
http://www.lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/y/yourfeetstoobig.html

Hopefully, this will jog someone's memory, because I really am very curious to know what the heck is goin' on in the skit! By golly! (and I'm hoping to not be disappointed!)

I've seen this sketch recently, and no, there's no tickling in it. The female muppet (a monster with comically large feet) just keeps laughing at the singing muppet's criticism. She isn't touched.

Hope that helps.

I love that Fats Waller song! I know Chubby Checker and The Beatles have each done a version of it in the past, and my mate does a superb live acoustic version of it. I'm guessing that's the song used in the TV show "Harry and the Hendersons", right?

Sounds like a nice sketch. I know they're hard to find, but some pics and clips will rock.

The was once a tickling scene on the muppet show. I dont know the lady cause it was awhile back. I saw it when Nickeloden would play reruns of it. Well one skit Kermit asked her how she made people laugh and she said she tickled them. And then kermit said like haha no really and she said no really I tickle them and she tickled kermit. Well at the end when they have the guest and all the muppets together Kermit said well since you tickled all of us Now its are turn to tickle you too. And till the credits ended they tickled her. And I know most puppets are controled by wires some are controlled by hands hand fingers and those were mostly tickling her. It seemed like she was really getting tickled cause she was laughing good. Just thought Id throw it up for you guys that dont know about it yet.

Thanks, UN Owen, for replying!! I am disappointed I got all excited for nothing, but at least there was some tickling in a Muppet Show. :) Now at least I know.

Yes, it was Ruth Buzzi. Not my cup of tea, personally, but it did happen as described.

i remember an old Fraggle Rock episode when i was little where these catterpillars kept tickling all the fraggles' feet. research tells me the episode is entitled "Invasion of the Toe Ticklers"

Wasn't there another time...

Wasn't there another eppasode of the mumpets were they ended the show with a Piret skit, and at the end they dropped a net on the guest star, and tickled her durring the closing creddits?

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back